Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
m83nyc
KVRist

84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Postby m83nyc; Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 am Re: Arturia Beatstep support is here

Yes but to code this way you have to know a decent amount, maybe Moss will try what we are speaking of and add it to his script. I have seen some guys do it for others, or maybe he will show us the edits to help us learn a little.
moss
KVRian

964 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep support is here

V2.00 is ready which is compatible with Bitwig 1.2. It also supports the Beatstep Pro.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Changes:

* Support for Pro
* Modes can be changed with the Shift button
* If you select Play Mode twice you can toggle the 1st row with Device Macros
* Swapped the rows of Macros and Parameters in Device Mode (to be consistent with 2nd Play Mode)
* You can now select the pad layout of the scale in the properties
* Support for Bitwig 1.2 browser
* Support for Bitwig 1.2 group navigation
* Support to open/close VST windows
* Fixed: Selection of crossfader
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:05 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

There's a small update available:

* 8 Pads in the browser mode can now be used for preset preview.
* Fixed: Note range did not cover the full range (octave range extended).

Furthermore, I did a tutorial video which shows the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-OGhkM4jA
codec17
KVRian

1344 posts since 13 Feb, 2010

Postby codec17; Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

WOW!!
Im flabbergasted what you did here... I dont own a beatstep, but again WOW! That "little" thing is really handy in this way, specially with the shift button now! Because i looked at the previous movie,and didnt really like the BIG knob selecter!(no offense of course) Now i really considering one.. (Push in your backpack i dont like on daily basis. :-) )
I bow down with this one! :hail:
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:42 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

codec17 wrote:WOW!!
Im flabbergasted what you did here... I dont own a beatstep, but again WOW! That "little" thing is really handy in this way, specially with the shift button now! Because i looked at the previous movie,and didnt really like the BIG knob selecter!(no offense of course) Now i really considering one.. (Push in your backpack i dont like on daily basis. :-) )
I bow down with this one! :hail:

Yes, the little cutie is a real beast! :tu:
olaims
KVRist

100 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Postby olaims; Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:40 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Thanks a lot for your work!! :)

Nice to see that I will be able to use the Beatstep Pro for controlling Bitwig too :D
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Not really Bitwig related but might be of interest to Beatstep Pro owners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMrNSXsjjO8
m83nyc
KVRist

Postby m83nyc; Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

stupid question but does this new update have issues with bitwig 1.3 ? Your update looks amazing but I cannot get it to talk well with bitwig 1.3
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

m83nyc wrote:stupid question but does this new update have issues with bitwig 1.3 ? Your update looks amazing but I cannot get it to talk well with bitwig 1.3

Works fine with 1.3- Have you followed the installation in thw Wiki?
m83nyc
KVRist

Postby m83nyc; Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:39 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

I have I think the biggest issue is the different modes and navigation is a bit corky. I will watch video one then two and make sure i am doing everything to the tee right. I also notice when doing drum or seq the notes to not write.

Does the ext sync work in the new upgrade you did ?
m83nyc
KVRist

Postby m83nyc; Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Hey So I got it all working although have issues with play/seq on drum and seq area. Nothing sounds I will figure it out.
olaims
KVRist

100 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Postby olaims; Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:08 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

I dont know what I do wrong, but with a Beatstep Pro (loaded Script with MIDI Control Center) every time I press the play button in Bitwig or the Beatstep, it starts automatically recording...

I think I´m doing something wrong :/
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

olaims wrote:I dont know what I do wrong, but with a Beatstep Pro (loaded Script with MIDI Control Center) every time I press the play button in Bitwig or the Beatstep, it starts automatically recording...
I think I´m doing something wrong :/

This button sends the same CC as the one I assigned to the pad for starting record. As I said in the tutorial video and wiki, stay away from the navigation buttons when you use the script.
m83nyc
KVRist

Postby m83nyc; Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Moss,
I am really loving the script ! well for the most part minus the fact so reason a lot of things stop working in 1.3.1

After I install it and do the steps it works fine but then when i close bitwig and re open it doesn't work. I do have a Arturia keylab 49 setup also so not sure if that is causing an issue when Bitwig starts.
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

m83nyc wrote:Moss,
I am really loving the script ! well for the most part minus the fact so reason a lot of things stop working in 1.3.1

After I install it and do the steps it works fine but then when i close bitwig and re open it doesn't work. I do have a Arturia keylab 49 setup also so not sure if that is causing an issue when Bitwig starts.

There is a bug in the startup procedure of Bitwig Studio which I hope that they find some time to look into that.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting