Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
m83nyc
KVRist
 
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Postby m83nyc; Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:48 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Well that stinks cause this is a awesome tool to use with BIt.

Has anyone told them (I am sure) This is I am running Mavericks 10.9.5 with BWS 1.3.1 guess in here as well.
beejeridou
KVRer
 
7 posts since 16 Oct, 2014

Postby beejeridou; Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Hi Jürgen and thx !

I have 1.3.5 bitwig studio.
I installed your javascript script and your bitwig template for Midi controller center from Arturia.

I think that your script working but when i press the shift button and hold him, i have a random light (pink, blue, and red) on the first line of pads. Never the same light when i press the shift button twice and more...

Maybe a midi conflicts ? i don't know, i hope i'm explain my problem not to bad with my very bad english !

Thx a lot !
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:32 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

beejeridou wrote:Hi Jürgen and thx !

I have 1.3.5 bitwig studio.
I installed your javascript script and your bitwig template for Midi controller center from Arturia.

I think that your script working but when i press the shift button and hold him, i have a random light (pink, blue, and red) on the first line of pads. Never the same light when i press the shift button twice and more...

Maybe a midi conflicts ? i don't know, i hope i'm explain my problem not to bad with my very bad english !

Thx a lot !


Sorry, I do not have an idea what could be the problem. Is it just the lights or do the functions also not work in Shift mode?
beejeridou
KVRer
 
7 posts since 16 Oct, 2014

Postby beejeridou; Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:31 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

moss wrote:
Sorry, I do not have an idea what could be the problem. Is it just the lights or do the functions also not work in Shift mode?


In fact, i think all my controllers are "observers" of all, and pads highlight with music or some options...
I have no idea to resolve this bad configuration...

I'm on linux and i use jack audio... maybe that i forgot some parameters :neutral:

Thx for your answers !
m83nyc
KVRist
 
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Postby m83nyc; Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:18 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

I been having issues with the script and the new updates as it is shame considering moss did such a great job on it. At this point being I have a keylab 49 I just want to design a track mode and seq mode


Track mode to use the pads for mute and solo thur tracks & groups.

seq mode to build step sequences while using the knobs to make the notes go up and down on a midi tracks.
maschinelf
KVRian
 
645 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Postby maschinelf; Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:51 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Anyone tried this with the new beatstep firmware?
lexkeller
KVRer
 
1 post since 20 Feb, 2016

Postby lexkeller; Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:30 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

I dont know what I do wrong, but when I plug my Beatstep Pro to Bitwig and set Drum to drum machine and Sequencer 1 to VST synth, happening is something strange.

What I do:
https://youtu.be/pHmqfrSJTCk

Beatstep Pro settings:
https://youtu.be/A20S08nMmN0

What am I doing wrong?
———
Bitwig Studio — 1.3.5
Beatstep Pro firmware — 1.3.0.23
Mac OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

maschinelf wrote:Anyone tried this with the new beatstep firmware?


Seems they screwed something up there. The new automatic pad lighting stuff interferes with my programmed lighting.
I am not sure if I can fix that but will try. Might take some time.
maschinelf
KVRian
 
645 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Postby maschinelf; Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:53 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Thanks .. Haven't updated yet, so will carry on with the old firmware for now
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:28 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

lexkeller wrote:I dont know what I do wrong, but when I plug my Beatstep Pro to Bitwig and set Drum to drum machine and Sequencer 1 to VST synth, happening is something strange.

What I do:
https://youtu.be/pHmqfrSJTCk

Beatstep Pro settings:
https://youtu.be/A20S08nMmN0

What am I doing wrong?
———
Bitwig Studio — 1.3.5
Beatstep Pro firmware — 1.3.0.23
Mac OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan


I did test that yesterday and have the same behaviour. It seems that in drum mode the control mode is triggered too but I have no idea why. Might take some deeper digging...
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:22 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

maschinelf wrote:Thanks .. Haven't updated yet, so will carry on with the old firmware for now


I tested again with the latest Firmware and it works fine with the script. Might be the case that you need to send the template coming with the script again to the Beatstep.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:25 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

moss wrote:
lexkeller wrote:I dont know what I do wrong, but when I plug my Beatstep Pro to Bitwig and set Drum to drum machine and Sequencer 1 to VST synth, happening is something strange.

What I do:
https://youtu.be/pHmqfrSJTCk

Beatstep Pro settings:
https://youtu.be/A20S08nMmN0

What am I doing wrong?
———
Bitwig Studio — 1.3.5
Beatstep Pro firmware — 1.3.0.23
Mac OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan


I did test that yesterday and have the same behaviour. It seems that in drum mode the control mode is triggered too but I have no idea why. Might take some deeper digging...


I fixed the problem. The script received on all channels, now it is only channel 3 which is set as the controller channel. Make sure you have installed the template coming with the script on the Beatstep Pro.

Its already released and you can download it.
maschinelf
KVRian
 
645 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Postby maschinelf; Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:04 am Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Thanks for the reply moss .. But yea strange thing is I'm having some weird pad lighting issues with Beatstep in sequencer mode. As a clip continues to loop, some pads keep intermittently lighting pink, so it becomes impossible to keep track of the pattern. Everything else works fine, and will try updating the firmware to see if it fixes the problem. As is, I have both Beatstep and APC mini and really only need one, and will end up selling the other. I actually kinda prefer the Beatstep cause it feels better built, has midi out, and is programmable with the midi control centre software. But the APC mini seems to work a lot better with bitwig and that's really the main reason to keep either one, though maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
turbo_kev
KVRist
 
383 posts since 18 Dec, 2014

Postby turbo_kev; Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:05 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep support is here

moss wrote:
turbo_kev wrote:Hi I have installed your beatstep script
But the BIG KNOB to change the mode does not work
I can only use the 1st first mode ?


Have you installed the specific template for the Beatstep?
See
https://github.com/git-moss/Beatstep4Bi ... stallation



yes I have now installed the template

but still only the first mode works

the BIG KNOB just moves the play head
and doesn't change the modes ?

any help please

cheers
kevin
BitWig , Spark LE , V Collection 4, BeatStep, BeatStep PRO
Keylab 25 , Axiom pro 49, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Launchpad Pro
KRK Rokit 10/3 ref speakers,win 10 pro 64 bit, i7 5820k 4ghz , 16 gig ddr 4 , 500gig ssd, msi x99a sli + , Nvidia GF Gt 710,
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:25 pm Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Use the Shift button now. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-OGhkM4jA
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting