Introducing the Launchpad Script V3

RELATED
PRODUCTS

gigaherz wrote:hey dplduffy, good work on the script and thanks alot for it, toggle mix views were much needed (and "back to arrangement" buttons, wow). any chance you'll look into the "move grid thingy" in the sequencer mode (as crackbaby mentioned) any time soon?
Yeah I'll take a look in a couple hours when I get home and try to get that fixed.

hey guys, I wanted to let you know I did look into the step sequencer change grid thing. I can't seem to figure out why it isn't working right now so I don't have an updated script but I just wanted to let you know I am working on it.

Alright, no sweat! Adding the +/- 16 helped a lot :)

Do i remember reading something about a chord mode? Well, obviously i do, but i mean.. was it a dream or real? :oops:
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:
Do i remember reading something about a chord mode? Well, obviously i do, but i mean.. was it a dream or real? :oops:
Somebody wrote that somewhere on the forums, but there was never really a plan to put in a chord mode. I think some of the vst chord plugins available would be better than anything I could write. :D

Really nice Script.
One little Thing: On the Mixer-Page there are no Level Meters anymore (only the Level Meter for the Master is still working).

Not that Big Deal but it would be nice to have it back........ ;-)

This. Is. Amazing! I've been aching for Push style scales. Can I keep you?

This seems really cool. Does it work with launchpad pro? I guess that would need a whole different script eh?

Dplduffy, how is your progress on the Launchpad PRO script?
Is it worth buying one yet?

Again, brilliant job creating this. The one thing that takes getting used to on Push scale mode is that 'C' is the highlighted note on every scale, rather than the root of each individual scale. Is that adjustable or an API limitation? I'm afraid my knowledge on js is limited to jquery plugins. XD

Hey guys, sorry i haven't responded to anyone's questions, I stopped getting emails about this thread somehow :(.

wiseorfool yeah the C note being highlighted is annoying. The way I coded the push scales, it doesn't quite work like it does on the Push. I honestly just got really frustrated with it and said screw it I'll use it like it is. It's not an API limitation though, so if you want you can try to make the algorithm for the Push Scales better!

Astares, yeah I intentionally took out the level meters because I had to make a whole new volume page to get the fine increment mixer parameters to work. The vu meter code (that I think tom) wrote is still in the script, it's just commented out.

Finally, for everyone asking about the launchpad PRO, I haven't even started on a script for that. If I'm being honest, I probably won't. There's a couple reasons (one being that I bought a Push and that this is so much fun) and I also got a little in over my head with JavaScript with this script, and I didn't even write it all from scratch. The launchpad rgb and launchpad pro will definitely work with this script, they'll just only do what this script does in my video, not anything new.

If anyone does find any small bugs though, please let me know and I will try to fix them of at the very least I'll tell you why I can't fix it!

dplduffy wrote:
Astares, yeah I intentionally took out the level meters because I had to make a whole new volume page to get the fine increment mixer parameters to work. The vu meter code (that I think tom) wrote is still in the script, it's just commented out.
Where is it located? Maybe im tired from my early shift toady or i´m Blind....but i can´t find the code

Thx in advance for your help

astartes wrote:
dplduffy wrote:
Where is it located? Maybe im tired from my early shift toady or i´m Blind....but i can´t find the code

Thx in advance for your help
I can't copy it because I'm on mobile, but it's Lines 916-938 of Launchpad_Grid.js.

In order for this to not get overwritten, you would have to comment out lines 949-953 as well.

I also seem to think there was another issue, but I honestly can't remember right now what it was. This should get you started though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:This seems really cool. Does it work with launchpad pro? I guess that would need a whole different script eh?
I can confirm that it doesn't work. PRO is awesome feeling device, though. Hopefully someone scripts it before it gets step sequencer on Ableton :D

Does it work with launchpad mini mk2?

immaginidalfronte wrote:Does it work with launchpad mini mk2?
I'm not positive, but I think novation changed the Midi implementation on all of the Mk2 launchpads to match the pro. If that's the case I don't think it will work with any of the Mk2.

Unfortunately I don't have a mk2 to update the script, sorry.

Return to “Controller Scripting”