Novation Launch Control XL

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi guys,

I just want to publicly announce the Script I made for the Novation Launch Control XL which is a companion controller for the Launchpad. I did it already some months ago while playing with the bitwig demo but then was busy with other things. Now I bought bitwig and saw that in the meantime some people started using it :)

It resembles the functionality of the original Ableton script and adds some additional features (See README.md for details).

So here it is:
https://github.com/jdachtera/bitwig-nov ... control-xl (https://github.com/jdachtera/bitwig-novation-launch-control-xl)
(Click "Download ZIP" on the right)

Recently I added some new features so if you have it already you can grab the new version.

Enjoy
Jascha

Hello Jascha,

first of all - thank you for publishing your script. I've been using it for live-performances these last months and it was very helpful!
While beta testing Bitwig 2, it seems there were some errors, in line 113 for example, which were previously unknown to bitwig, but being "fixed" now, sadly result in a broken script. There's a thread in the beta group, if you'd like the details, let me know!

Regards,
Robert

I just saw that the Scrfipt was Updated 2 weeks ago. Now everything works basicly. Just some finetuning nessesary:

Parameter Scale Mode is a bit unprecice but works

Parameter Pickup is more unprecise and as of now basicly unusable

These are as of now the only Bugs in the Script i´ve found

Very interested in hearing how people are getting on with bitwig 2.x and this.

Really want one, would love to know how to do a control myself, but also wanted to ask a possibly off-topic question:

What I really want one for is to handle all the filter/frills controls, independent of project or plug. Is it really easy to simply "learn" a filter temporarily? How difficult is it to set up templates for specific synths?

I think I'll start a thread in "hardware" but thought I'd ask here too since I use bitwig.

Do you want to map the knobs manually in Bitwig for each project or do you want them to behave in a certain pre-defined way?

Netsu wrote:Do you want to map the knobs manually in Bitwig for each project or do you want them to behave in a certain pre-defined way?
Manual. I started another thread on this and kinda got nowhere with it (in hardware) and there just isn't much on it. Look a little to "live" oriented after further review.

Just use the mapping panel, the hand icon in the lower right corner. You can map anything you want.

Thanks man!

I ended up going with a significant up step (price wise anyways) with the APC40 mkii. I'm glad I did, the perfect compliment for me.

thank you jdachtera for this script! can you extend the function of device parameters control to all the knobs of launch control xl and not only 8 knobs like it is for live? like this script "https://isotonikstudios.com/product/launchcontrol-xxl/" ? that would be awesome.

Return to “Controller Scripting”