Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Bitwigglers!

I implemented a controller script which supports the Novation Launchpad Pro and MkII controllers with Bitwig.

Get the latest stable release from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

There is also a series of in-depth tutorial videos available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rQbZjqwWML

Enjoy!

P.S.: If you thinking about buying one get the Pro! The pads are much nicer and the velocity sensitive fader modes are really nice for automation.
Last edited by moss on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does this script also work for the Launchpad Mini MkII? Thanks for all of your scripting efforts by the way!

DoubleM wrote:Does this script also work for the Launchpad Mini MkII? Thanks for all of your scripting efforts by the way!
I don't know. I guess that at least the device id is different.

If someone has a Launchpad Pro and runs Linux please tell me if the auto detection is working. If not I'd like to know the names of the midi ports.

DoubleM wrote:Does this script also work for the Launchpad Mini MkII?

afaict — please tell me if I'm wrong — mini mk2 uses same api as mini mk1.

If so, moss' script wouldn't work with mini mk2, I guess.

But it is hard to tell....Novation say only something about appearance...

Great News,

for a while i am interested in the launchpad pro, it seems a bit more portable than the push.
one question i was wondering:
in drum-mode, is it possible to use all the 64 pads "filled" with samples? or are there "only" 16 pads usable at once? i tend to use a lot of one-shot samples for live-performance.
this would be pretty cool for live-performance (i meant to hear, that this is a quite new feature of push in ableton)

would be great to know!
thanks!

timohenrik wrote:Great News,

for a while i am interested in the launchpad pro, it seems a bit more portable than the push.
one question i was wondering:
in drum-mode, is it possible to use all the 64 pads "filled" with samples? or are there "only" 16 pads usable at once? i tend to use a lot of one-shot samples for live-performance.
this would be pretty cool for live-performance (i meant to hear, that this is a quite new feature of push in ableton)

would be great to know!
thanks!
This new mode cannot be implemented with Bitwig due to performance reasons (see the Push4Bitwig thread for more details). But you can use the "normal" play mode and set it to chromatic and sequential to have the same grid.

Moss, thanks so much for the script! Haven't got my mk2 yet, but Is there a way you could put a "piano" layout in there like you have in the push script? Or if its already in there I apologize, I didn't see it in the wiki.

dplduffy wrote:Moss, thanks so much for the script! Haven't got my mk2 yet, but Is there a way you could put a "piano" layout in there like you have in the push script? Or if its already in there I apologize, I didn't see it in the wiki.
No, it is not there because I decided against it. I wanted to keep the usability straight forward: Note button toggles between 2 Play modes, Shift+Play toggles 2 sequencer modes.

moss wrote:
dplduffy wrote:Moss, thanks so much for the script! Haven't got my mk2 yet, but Is there a way you could put a "piano" layout in there like you have in the push script? Or if its already in there I apologize, I didn't see it in the wiki.
No, it is not there because I decided against it. I wanted to keep the usability straight forward: Note button toggles between 2 Play modes, Shift+Play toggles 2 sequencer modes.
Alright that makes sense. Thanks again for the script

dplduffy wrote:Haven't got my mk2 yet
If money isn't an issue get the Pro.

moss wrote:
Since you have both, how would you say the Pro compares to the Push? Obviously push has the screens, encoders, and touch strip, but is there a huge difference in terms of playability?

dplduffy wrote:
moss wrote:
Since you have both, how would you say the Pro compares to the Push? Obviously push has the screens, encoders, and touch strip, but is there a huge difference in terms of playability?
I had the LP 1 back in the days which was pretty bad. Therefore, I was pretty surprised with the LP Pro. Pads feel really good and respond fast. It depends on your preferences if the smaller pads are a plus or minus. I really like the velocity sensitive fader modes, cool idea for automation and live performance.
Drawback to the Push is that you can use either faders or the play/session but not at the same time. So no playing and tweaking.
Besides that (and the missing display) it is pretty close. I think it shares number 2 on the best-of list with the APC40mkII (which has different drawbacks).

This new mode cannot be implemented with Bitwig due to performance reasons (see the Push4Bitwig thread for more details). But you can use the "normal" play mode and set it to chromatic and sequential to have the same grid.
thanks for the reply, i will check that out in the store, didn`t knew about this option chromatic/sequential...sounds promising.

I don't know if you saw but I donated $20 to you on Github via ChangeTip. If you don't want to use ChangeTip let me know if there's a different way I could donate. Thanks!

Return to “Controller Scripting”