Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
squareduck
KVRer

2 posts since 6 Jul, 2017

Postby squareduck; Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:14 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Moss, thanks for the latest update, setting clip length on the fly is a great feature!
Got a problem though:

moss wrote:
squareduck wrote:1. Is there a way to stop recording of the new clip from note modes?
Use case: I press on an empty clip pad in session mode, go to the note mode (ideally it would jump there automatically)
and when I'm done playing I press the button to stop recording without needing to switch back to session mode.

Press Shift+Record.

Pressing Shift+Record does not work for me.

Here's what I do:
1. Press on an empty clip from Launchpad Pro controller.
2. Press [Note] on controller and play some notes.
3. Press Shift + Record (the red button with O at the bottom of left column)

Recording of the clip does not stop. In fact nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?
moss
KVRian

1126 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:41 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

squareduck wrote:Pressing Shift+Record does not work for me.
Here's what I do:
1. Press on an empty clip from Launchpad Pro controller.
2. Press [Note] on controller and play some notes.
3. Press Shift + Record (the red button with O at the bottom of left column)
Recording of the clip does not stop. In fact nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong?

The problem is the independence of the track selection and the selected clip. This means you need to select the track (which needs to be record enabled), then the clip and then start record.
What I do is:
1) select the track I want to record on
2) Press "Double" to create a new clip which is recording
3) Play
antic604
KVRian

526 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:28 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Awesome work, @moss!

One question though - is there somewhere a write-up of features? Or at least a list of differences (and enhancements, hopefully) to standard Ableton script that I'd imagine is described in Lauchpad Pro's manual? I'm really interested in buying it but after watching your videos I'm a bit overwhelmed at the possibilities and would prefer to have it 'on paper' to slowly go through it :)

Scratch that! Just found this: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... MkII-&-Pro

:)
vincenzoml
KVRer

13 posts since 26 Feb, 2014

Postby vincenzoml; Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hello. After returning from vacations and from 3 months of not using lp pro, with latest bitwig, note mode does not work anymore. It stays in session mode. I need to fix this urgently. This must be since when the aftertouch was fixed"!
vincenzoml
KVRer

13 posts since 26 Feb, 2014

Postby vincenzoml; Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Update: the bug I noted in the previous post only happens if an instrument track is focused when opening a project. Clicking on another track and back to the wanted one solves the problem. Definitely a bug, will report as soon as I have some time...
antic604
KVRian

Postby antic604; Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I'm under a huge impression of the community (and Moss in particular) support for Launchpad Pro. So much so, that I'm on the edge of buying one.

However, there's still one "but" that I'd like to clarify. As I understand, in the Device mode one can control 8 parameters of a device that's currently in focus. I know that velocity of the pads is translated into how fast the parameter changes between one of the 8 fixed positions. My question is this - is there a mode (or is it possible to add it?) where the velocity is translated into a finer position of the parameter between the fixed positions?

For example:
- fixed positions of the pads are: 0%, 14%, 29%, 43%, 57%, 71%, 86%, 100%
- my parameter is now at 0%
- if I want it to get it to 20%, I'd hit the "29% pad" with medium velocity
- if I'd then want to go to 60%, I'd hit the "71% pad" very lightly
- if I then wanted to go back to 30%, I'd hit "29% pad" with almost full force.

I know it sounds weird, because no one thinks about exact percentages and how hard exactly should they hit the pad. But there's certain logic in this approach: if you want to get to one of the fixed positions you hit it hard, if you want to get somewhere between that fixed position and other fixed position corresponding to the neighbouring pad that's along the way of the direction you're coming from, then velocity of the hit will place you somewhere between them.

Is that even possible to implement?
Last edited by antic604 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:39 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

antic604 wrote:However, there's still one "but" that I'd like to clarify.

No, it is not possible what you imagine. If your main application is controlling parameters get something with knobs and faders.
The Launchpad is great for throwing in your bag on the road and jam something with it where exact parameter positioning is not an issue.
Netsu
KVRist

156 posts since 31 Oct, 2016, from Wrocław, Poland

Postby Netsu; Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

It's possible to implement, it's just not possible in the current script.
antic604
KVRian

Postby antic604; Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

moss wrote:No, it is not possible what you imagine.

Netsu wrote:It's possible to implement, it's just not possible in the current script.

So, which is it? :D
Netsu
KVRist

156 posts since 31 Oct, 2016, from Wrocław, Poland

Postby Netsu; Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:52 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I believe Moss meant what I said ;)

I once even tried a different approach - the parameter increasing for as long as you hold a pad, and the aftertouch strength of your press controlling the speed with which it increases. But my controller has really imprecise aftertouch and it felt clunky as hell.
misteraudio
KVRist

36 posts since 17 Jun, 2013

Postby misteraudio; Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hallo Mr. Moss, your updates and additions are greatly appreciated, thanks. Just a quick question and maybe an idea for improvement:

Is there a way to actually select a clip without playing/starting it? I'm baffled that I'd never needed this until now. Before they were selected by the touchscreen but it would help a lot on the launchpad, too. I don't see anything in the wiki.

The other thing is the "Quantize" button. Is it possible to work just like the "Delete" button so that I'd hold "Quantize", and in combination press the clip which I'd want to quantize? That would save the step of selecting clips prior to the quantization but a select functionality would be still useful.
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

misteraudio wrote:Is there a way to actually select a clip without playing/starting it? I'm baffled that I'd never needed this until now. Before they were selected by the touchscreen but it would help a lot on the launchpad, too.

No, since there is no dedicated Select button on the Launchpad and the Shift button is already used for the overview clip navigation,

misteraudio wrote:The other thing is the "Quantize" button. Is it possible to work just like the "Delete" button so that I'd hold "Quantize", and in combination press the clip which I'd want to quantize?

Good idea. The problem is that there is a dedicated delete function for all clips but for quantize you can only quantize the selected clip (one of the weirdnesses of the API). This means I would need to select the clip, wait some time, then call quantize. I try to avoid such things since it is not guarenteed to work all the time.
tony3223
KVRer

3 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Postby tony3223; Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm HELLLLPPPP

Hi Dear Jurgen. I'm having a little big problem with the script...
I'm using bitwig 1.3.15 with my launchpad pro, but when i download the scrip (the script is available only for 1.3.16 version), ok, i download it the same and put the files into the novation controler folder. And it works relative well. Except for one thing. I can't see the volume green faders!, all the rest looks like working exactly the same that in your video. But, what about that? i'm doing something wrong?? the only volume that changes is the master, it's strange, but i can't see the fader in green, just touch the scene column and the master volume changes, but i can't see any ree column of faders... Help please man, it hurts!
I used the version that you upload before (the one for the 1.3.15 version), and i really saw the green faders of volume (or was mas imagination lying to me?). Please, can u explain me why i can't see the volume faders?
Thanks a lot for your amazing script!
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 pm Re: HELLLLPPPP

tony3223 wrote:I'm using bitwig 1.3.15 with my launchpad pro, but when i download the scrip (the script is available only for 1.3.16 version)

Why are you not simply use 1.3.16?
tony3223
KVRer

3 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Postby tony3223; Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

i have tried into 1.3.16, and the same problem...
I can't use volume faders, pan faders, and sends faders. Al the rest work properly.
It`s dificult for me to explain, so i am doing this video to help you to undestand.
It looks like 2 posibilities, like if there were 2 scrips an not one. You can choose the one that say:
midiinm2 (launchopad pro)
midiput2 (launchopad pro)

or you can select the other one: Launchpad pro
launchpad pro
If i choose the first: i can't run the note mode, so the notes pad don't work...
if i choose the second: i can't use the volume, pan, and sends faders (they don't apear)...

So, what i`m doing wrong is the question about this...
Please, see my video to understand what i am trying to explain..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDm9tr_ ... e=youtu.be
Previous

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting