Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:56 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

XelaBit wrote:Hi moss,

poly aftertouch does not work for me. It is activated on Launchpad Pro:
http://www.bonedo.de/fileadmin/Images/R ... manual.jpg

and in the device settings in Bitwig "Convert poly aftertouch to poly aftertouch". Definitely not working. When I use the Launchpad Pro without the script poly aftertouch works.

Best regards, Alex


Got it! Check out the latest GitHub version.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:00 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

XelaBit wrote:Hi!
When you use the Launchpad Pro without your script, the colours for the pads in note layout mode are violet for the root notes and bluegreen for the rest. I find these colours very eye friendly. When I use your script the colours are blue for the root notes and the rest are white in note mode (like the original push controller). The colour white is a little bit problematic because of the rgb led's. Is it possible to use the original colours instead of white and blue in note layout?

Best regards, Alex


Feel free to adjust them to your liking. Look in the *View.js files for the function "drawGrid" which draws the grid.
XelaBit
KVRer
 
13 posts since 30 Nov, 2014

Postby XelaBit; Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:20 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Thank you for helping!

Best regards, Alex
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:27 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I released a little update:

1.02
* Fixed Polyaftertouch
stufflin
KVRist
 
78 posts since 18 Apr, 2014

Postby stufflin; Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:19 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hi!
Is it already clear that this script does or doesn't work with the Launchpad Mini MK2?
When it doesnt work i maybe should try to find a Mini V1. (to use with another script)
Thank you!
Nathan
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:22 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

stufflin wrote:Hi!
Is it already clear that this script does or doesn't work with the Launchpad Mini MK2?
When it doesnt work i maybe should try to find a Mini V1. (to use with another script)
Thank you!
Nathan


The Mini is not supported.
stufflin
KVRist
 
78 posts since 18 Apr, 2014

Postby stufflin; Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

:dog: i'm pretty stupid. just found out that the mk2 mini doesn't have rgb leds.
20100vega
KVRer
 
2 posts since 24 Apr, 2016

Postby 20100vega; Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hi Moss,

Thanks for your script, it's very helpful.

I'd like to add a color (green for example), when the scene button is playing (in Session view) and I don't really undertand how I can do that.

We launch scene clip for Live performance, and this "little" function is missing for us.

Thanks for your answer.

Vincent.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:26 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

20100vega wrote:Hi Moss,

Thanks for your script, it's very helpful.

I'd like to add a color (green for example), when the scene button is playing (in Session view) and I don't really undertand how I can do that.

We launch scene clip for Live performance, and this "little" function is missing for us.

Thanks for your answer.

Vincent.


If you set the variable "AbstractSessionView.USE_CLIP_COLOR = true;" to "false" in the file launchpad\Colors.js it should do what you want.
20100vega
KVRer
 
2 posts since 24 Apr, 2016

Postby 20100vega; Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hi,

Thanks a lot ! It's great... I have one more question. How can I change the Color of the Scene Button (on the right) when the scene is played? For now, the Scene Buttons are green (circle) all the time, and i would be perfect if i can change this color when this button is activated...

Thanks..
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:47 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

20100vega wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot ! It's great... I have one more question. How can I change the Color of the Scene Button (on the right) when the scene is played? For now, the Scene Buttons are green (circle) all the time, and i would be perfect if i can change this color when this button is activated...

Thanks..


The problem is that there is no state for "scene is playing".
misteraudio
KVRist
 
32 posts since 17 Jun, 2013

Postby misteraudio; Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:40 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Many thanks for this script. I recently got a launchpad pro and it works really well. Few questions:

- When in "tablet" -view (Bitwig options) the step sequencer is not working. It works when Bitwig is running in "single screen" view. Bug maybe?

- When in session mode while holding record arm, track select, mute, solo or stop clip - then letting go of the button changes back to session view/mode (although only if a pad is selected afterwards). For the buttons volume, pan or sends it doesn't behave like that. Is that intended?

- Applying a velocity fade (new launchpad function) on sends or volume etc - then switching back to session mode (before the fader motion completes) stops the motion and sets value at that point. Should't it finish the fade in the "background"?

- In Session mode while holding delete + pressing clips to delete - then letting go of "delete" removes the whole track that was selected (could be because of tablet view too I'll have to check that later on)

Thanks moss
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:26 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

misteraudio wrote:- When in "tablet" -view (Bitwig options) the step sequencer is not working. It works when Bitwig is running in "single screen" view. Bug maybe?


Will test, if this is the case its a Bitwig bug.

misteraudio wrote:- When in session mode while holding record arm, track select, mute, solo or stop clip - then letting go of the button changes back to session view/mode (although only if a pad is selected afterwards). For the buttons volume, pan or sends it doesn't behave like that. Is that intended?


Will check.

misteraudio wrote:- Applying a velocity fade (new launchpad function) on sends or volume etc - then switching back to session mode (before the fader motion completes) stops the motion and sets value at that point. Should't it finish the fade in the "background"?


Those velocity fades are fully handled by the launchpad, so there is no way to change that behaviour.

misteraudio wrote:- In Session mode while holding delete + pressing clips to delete - then letting go of "delete" removes the whole track that was selected (could be because of tablet view too I'll have to check that later on)


Should not be the case. Will check.
misteraudio
KVRist
 
32 posts since 17 Jun, 2013

Postby misteraudio; Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Thanks alot for checking, just and update:

misteraudio wrote:- When in "tablet" -view (Bitwig options) the step sequencer is not working. It works when Bitwig is running in "single screen" view. Bug maybe?

I tested it again. Not working in tablet view

misteraudio wrote:- When in session mode while holding record arm, track select, mute, solo or stop clip - then letting go of the button changes back to session view/mode (although only if a pad is selected afterwards). For the buttons volume, pan or sends it doesn't behave like that. Is that intended?

volume, pan and send are not momentary when holding those buttons down and letting go. The other ones are only momentary if a track gets selected (bottom row) - It confused me cause I thought they all work in the same way. Not that big of a problem though. I might be able to modify the script for myself if thats ok?

misteraudio wrote:- Applying a velocity fade (new launchpad function) on sends or volume etc - then switching back to session mode (before the fader motion completes) stops the motion and sets value at that point. Should't it finish the fade in the "background"?

I wrote to Novation and they quickly replied:
"When the fader is slowly gliding to it's destination, and the user switches to a different view, the fader will remain at the position it was at the point of change. i.e it will not continue to glide to the destination. "

- thats a bummer and it would be great if they could patch that in further firmware updates. I'll send a feature request. Maybe thats intended for a reason?

misteraudio wrote:- In Session mode while holding delete + pressing clips to delete - then letting go of "delete" removes the whole track that was selected (could be because of tablet view too I'll have to check that later on)

This was my fault. It happens when auto select tracks in enabled in Bitwig options
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
970 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

misteraudio wrote:Thanks alot for checking, just and update:
misteraudio wrote:- When in "tablet" -view (Bitwig options) the step sequencer is not working. It works when Bitwig is running in "single screen" view. Bug maybe?

I tested it again. Not working in tablet view


I can reproduce that. Seems to be a bug in Bitwig.

misteraudio wrote:- volume, pan and send are not momentary when holding those buttons down and letting go. The other ones are only momentary if a track gets selected (bottom row) - It confused me cause I thought they all work in the same way. Not that big of a problem though. I might be able to modify the script for myself if thats ok?


I am not sure if there was a essential problem when I implemented that, because the modes where it is not working change to a different view. Need to check.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting