Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Netsu
KVRist

127 posts since 31 Oct, 2016, from Wrocław, Poland

Postby Netsu; Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

What if I included a timer in the script and just changed the color manually every X milliseconds? Would that work? Or maybe I could sync it to the Bitwig transport somehow? Having a queued clip blink on every beat would rock.
moss
KVRian

1080 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:06 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Netsu wrote:What if I included a timer in the script and just changed the color manually every X milliseconds? Would that work? Or maybe I could sync it to the Bitwig transport somehow? Having a queued clip blink on every beat would rock.

No way. I did a lot of experiments in that area but JavaScript is simply the wrong tool for that.
Netsu
KVRist

Postby Netsu; Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

The JS methods setTimeout and setInterval indeed seem to not work in Bitwig. Have you tried the host.scheduleTask or addTimeObserver API methods? I'll try it when I get the time, hopefully today after work :)
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Netsu wrote:The JS methods setTimeout and setInterval indeed seem to not work in Bitwig. Have you tried the host.scheduleTask or addTimeObserver API methods? I'll try it when I get the time, hopefully today after work :)

Do not waste your time... I tried every trick I could think of but could not get a stable timing.
turbo_kev
KVRist

373 posts since 18 Dec, 2014

Postby turbo_kev; Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

HI Moss

its the newbie again with more silly questions

I am using your script with the Launchpad pro
and its great many thanks

question 1. when I press the volume button, I can control the volume of each track
but is there a way of also changing the master fader?

question 2. I can stop clips ok, but can you also stop a scene?

question 3. if I have more than 8 tracks, and I use the top 2 < > buttons to scroll to the next bank of tracks
there is a delay of about 1 or 2 seconds before bitwig and Launchpad catch up,
is this normal.? also once it changes to the next bank you also get another 1 second delay before it moves to the next track

cheers
and thank you for your time
BitWig , Spark LE , V Collection 4, BeatStep, BeatStep PRO
Keylab 25 , Axiom pro 49, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Launchpad Pro
KRK Rokit 10/3 ref speakers,win 10 pro 64 bit, i7 5820k 4ghz , 16 gig ddr 4 , 500gig ssd, msi x99a sli + , Nvidia GF Gt 710,
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:59 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

turbo_kev wrote:question 1. when I press the volume button, I can control the volume of each track but is there a way of also changing the master fader?

Good point. It is simply not forseen in the concept of the Launchpad. Will think about how this could be integrated, if you have a good idea, tell me.

turbo_kev wrote:question 2. I can stop clips ok, but can you also stop a scene?

No, since the scene concept in the API is currently very basic. You also do not get a "scene is playing" state.

turbo_kev wrote:question 3. if I have more than 8 tracks, and I use the top 2 < > buttons to scroll to the next bank of tracks
there is a delay of about 1 or 2 seconds before bitwig and Launchpad catch up,
is this normal.? also once it changes to the next bank you also get another 1 second delay before it moves to the next track

Yes, that's a known problem that was introduced in 1.3.12 or 13. Bitwig spits out a big bulk of data when you change a track (which is not necessary).
Netsu
KVRist

Postby Netsu; Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:08 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I got my clips blinking by simply checking the controller.model.transport.position value from within the drawPad function. I can then set different colour depending on the position (for example white for the first half of a beat and black for the second half) to have the blinking synced to the beat :)
turbo_kev
KVRist

Postby turbo_kev; Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hi Moss

you will grow to love me I promise LOL

I was desperate to play about with light shows, so I loaded up abelton and had a play
to get it out of my system

but now when I go back to Bitwig, only note mode seems to work
I have a full 64n pad light up with green for "c" and the rest in white

if I press the session or device buttons nothing happens
I played around with the input and outputs

now I cant remember what they should be set to

I know I am a pain in the butt
but if you don't ask you don't learn

cheers
Kev
KRK Rokit 10/3 ref speakers,win 10 pro 64 bit, i7 5820k 4ghz , 16 gig ddr 4 , 500gig ssd, msi x99a sli + , Nvidia GF Gt 710,
Netsu
KVRist

Postby Netsu; Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

turbo_kev wrote:but now when I go back to Bitwig, only note mode seems to work
I have a full 64n pad light up with green for "c" and the rest in white

if I press the session or device buttons nothing happens

This sometimes happen to me and what helps is to turn Bitwig off, unplug the launchpad, plug it in again and restart Bitwig.
turbo_kev
KVRist

Postby turbo_kev; Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Hi Netsu

I have tried your suggestion of turning everything off and back on loads of times
but I still cant get it to work

Can you tell me what settings you have selected in the midi in / midi out
in the controller settings

and also do I need to change the midi channel in the lauchpad itself

cheers
Kev
Netsu
KVRist

Postby Netsu; Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I select the launchpad as both midi in and out - I don't have much choice there. Also I use the Launchpad mk2.
turbo_kev
KVRist

Postby turbo_kev; Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:05 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

I have 3 options to choose from

IN
3 Launch pad pro
Midiin 2 ( 3- Launchpad pro )
Midiin 3 ( 3- Launchpad pro )

OUT
3 Launch pad pro
Midiiout 2 ( 3- Launchpad pro )
Midiout 3 ( 3- Launchpad pro )

And the Launchpad itself is set to receive on midi channel 1

the strange thing is when I first used it, it worked great
but I wanted to make a light show, so I loaded up abelton to have a play
once I got bored with flashing lights LOL
I went back to BitWig and its not worked since then

have you got any other ideas

cheers
Kev
turbo_kev
KVRist

Postby turbo_kev; Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:32 pm Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

another question

when it was working, why cant i play scene 1 clip 4 and scene 2 clip 4 at the same time

i cant make head or tails of this clip launching stuff

i thought it was going to be so easy with a Launchpad

I'm more confused than ever

cheers
Kev
Netsu
KVRist

Postby Netsu; Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:37 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

You can't have more than one clip playing at the same time on one channel - how would that even work? Look into the Bitwig manual for info on clips and channels, I think it's explained pretty well there.
turbo_kev
KVRist

Postby turbo_kev; Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:25 am Re: Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

HI Moss

Is it just a coincidence that changing tracks is NO longer sluggish
or has the new 1.3.14 helped in anyway

cheers
Kev
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting