Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You'd have to add it yourself in javascript.

New update #1.12:

Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+

* New: Track scrolls into view when selected
* New: Use scene buttons in Volume mode for master volume.
* New: Use different colors for note starts and lengths in note and drum sequencer.
* New: Delete+Pad in drum sequencer now deletes all notes on that note not only 32 bars.
* New: Quantize is now working as expected (but only on selected notes). Use the properties window to set the quantize amount.
* Fixed: Scales did not update in sequencers.

Thanks Moss and a very happy new year to you
the new master volume control is brilliant

Any chance of doing an idiot guide video ( for a non pro ) on how to use the note and drum sequencers
I have watched your videos on youtube, but I still don't quite understand what to do

Is there any news on when the APi will be improved to stop the delay when changing clips etc etc
I think you said it was caused by BW sending to much data to the LPP

As I have said before I am not a musician and I cant play any insturments, but with your script and Bw
I am finally making some nice music, but the delay when changing clips is very frustrating

cheers Again
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote: Any chance of doing an idiot guide video ( for a non pro ) on how to use the note and drum sequencers
I have watched your videos on youtube, but I still don't quite understand what to do
The sequencers have the same concept as the ones of the Ableton Push. There should be plenty of tutorial videos online.

Hi Moss
you did not make any comment on the below

Is there any news on when the APi will be improved to stop the delay when changing clips etc etc

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote:Hi Moss
you did not make any comment on the below

cheers
kev
Because I have no new info :-)

Hi Moss it´s me again

you will get to love me eventually (lol)

when I press the Track Select button, they all light up green
would it be better that they follow the track colour ,like when you press Volume

just a thought

cheers
Kev

Hi – firstly, brilliant controller script for the Launchpad Pro! Thank you for all your efforts @moss !

I haven't been able to find this anywhere: can you select a clip without playing it (in Session mode)? In Ableton Live I believe you can press Shift + the pad for the clip to select it but not play it. In this Bitwig script the Shift button, in Session mode, gives you a "birds eye" view/navigation of the Session view (good stuff!).

Thanks!

Hi Moss,

thank you for this script, it`s fantastic. I`ve seen your Youtube tutorial and bought a Launchpad Pro after that. I have question, could you tell me how to change the behaviour of the REC Button in your script ? I`d like to activate overdub in Session view when i press Record directly, like it behaves in Ableton. (not with pressed Shift key) I mostly work in the session view, so this would be great for me.

Best regards
Carsten

submeditation wrote: thank you for this script, it`s fantastic. I`ve seen your Youtube tutorial and bought a Launchpad Pro after that. I have question, could you tell me how to change the behaviour of the REC Button in your script ? I`d like to activate overdub in Session view when i press Record directly, like it behaves in Ableton. (not with pressed Shift key) I mostly work in the session view, so this would be great for me.
Hi Carsten,

look in AbstractViewExtensions.js in the function AbstractView.prototype.onRecord you can change the behaviour.

Cheers

Hi Moss, thanks for your amazing script!
After I upgraded the firmware of the Lauchpad Pro, the script didn't work anymore, can you please see if you can fix this? Or what I'm doing wrong?
I'm using BW 1.3.15

Any thoughts on the question below?
terminus_one wrote:Hi – firstly, brilliant controller script for the Launchpad Pro! Thank you for all your efforts @moss !

I haven't been able to find this anywhere: can you select a clip without playing it (in Session mode)? In Ableton Live I believe you can press Shift + the pad for the clip to select it but not play it. In this Bitwig script the Shift button, in Session mode, gives you a "birds eye" view/navigation of the Session view (good stuff!).

Thanks!

Hi Moss

any news on V.2 api improvements so we don't get that terrible delay with the Launchpad pro
cheers
kev

moss wrote:
submeditation wrote: thank you for this script, it`s fantastic. I`ve seen your Youtube tutorial and bought a Launchpad Pro after that. I have question, could you tell me how to change the behaviour of the REC Button in your script ? I`d like to activate overdub in Session view when i press Record directly, like it behaves in Ableton. (not with pressed Shift key) I mostly work in the session view, so this would be great for me.
Hi Carsten,

look in AbstractViewExtensions.js in the function AbstractView.prototype.onRecord you can change the behaviour.

Cheers
Hi moss,

thanks for your fast reply . I`ve found it. But i have a little problem here. When i change one single bit of code in your script, Bitwig (1.3.15) doesen`t seem to recognize it anymore. (Launchpad Pro doesen`t appear in the controller menue as selection anymore). Is this an error or am i doing something wrong ?

Best regards
Carsten

submeditation wrote: thanks for your fast reply . I`ve found it. But i have a little problem here. When i change one single bit of code in your script, Bitwig (1.3.15) doesen`t seem to recognize it anymore. (Launchpad Pro doesen`t appear in the controller menue as selection anymore). Is this an error or am i doing something wrong ?
If it does not appear you made a serious programming error. Look in the script console, which should display it.

Return to “Controller Scripting”