Midi Fighter Twister support for Bitwig 2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

first week was great!

https://github.com/axelhjalm/bitwig-mid ... es/tag/0.7

I've done a few changes, doing the easier stuff first:
- Track scrolling should work better, I will now skip inactive hidden tracks as well as group track master chanells (I also skip the master track due to this, maybe can be fixed later)
- I couldn't easily remove inactive track or group channel master tracks from the volume page. Instead inactive tracks will be unlit (and always shown no matter if hidden or not). It seems you can determine if a track is hidden or not in Bitwig...
- Configuration options are simpler
- 2nd page not can be used as a page of 16 encoders (twist knob) and 16 buttons (press knob for toggle on/off). Values for ring and buttons sync between the MFT and Bitwig.

Wohoo, this is amazing, thanks! works like a charm

Glad it's working good for you! I'm happy for the feedback, it really helps me make the script better!

I did a small update where I now support the built in drum sequencer (and I removed my old one, so page 2 is always freely assignable). The sequencer is available as a Midi input.

https://github.com/axelhjalm/bitwig-mid ... es/tag/0.8

Might be an issue assigning knobs when running the sequencer, will see if I can solve that, but otherwise seems to work fine.

Thanks for the great work pawnbroker. The extension is working really well for me.

Could you make the option to turn off the 4th knob blinking when transport in running? It can be a bit bright at night.

Hi, that should be an easy thing to add. Will try to do it in the weekend.

Added option to disable flashing knob.

https://github.com/axelhjalm/bitwig-mid ... /tag/0.8.1

No changes to the mapping, just use the new .bwextension-file!

Thanks!!

Wow! It looks I missed great development here. Many-many thanks!

Did you tried Bitwig Beta 2.4 already?
Extension seems to work generally with the beta, however I'm missing this one.
--> On-screen controller visualizations, showing the current bank of controls with their parameter values and takeover status
I suppose, you have to support or enable this new functionality explicitly?

PS:
Could someone explain, how to use drum sequencer mode, pls? I don't get it :dog:

I haven't upgraded to 2.4 yet, will do once it's released.

Regarding the drum sequencer, I removed the one I built myself since the twister has its own drum sequencer:
In Bitwig settings, go to Syncronization and enable Midi Clock Out for the Midi Fighter Twister.
To enter drum sequencer, press both middle buttons simultaneously; to start/stop it, press the top right button. It functions as per the Midi Fighter Twister manual. The notes are send over it's own Midi Input called DJ Techtools ... MFT Drum Sequencer.

Thanks!

Bitwig 2.4 is out BTW :-)

Just a quick update to say I am enjoying this great script almost daily. Never have I used a controller as much as the midi fighter thanks to this script. I even use it more than my push 2 and that says a lot. Thanks again for your great work.

Hi Axel, there is request I have. What I really miss on the first page is to adjust one (or two) sends. It seems knob 7 is not doing anything right now (and knob 8 is for preset selection, I don't use that because you almost always need to use the mouse anyway to change the filtering.). So my suggestion would be to make either knob 7 or 8 send one or, better yet, make them send 1 and 2.

I made a visual chart in Google Sheets of the page/controller layout with some useful notes. Perhaps others would find this useful too? If you want to make your own modifications, you can save a copy of my original sheet and have at it. I'll keep my original sheet updated as Pawnbroker continues to make updates to the controller script.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

@pawnbroker

do you have any updates regarding 2.4 support?
just wonder :-) Lovely script!

2.4 support would be dope!

Return to “Controller Scripting”