Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Taika-Kim
KVRian
 
815 posts since 14 May, 2002, from Finland

Postby Taika-Kim; Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:19 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Yes, the flexi. In the configuration dialog the CC is received, on channel 1. I can take new look at this, but I tried it already a few times. But it's of course possible the I also had some kind of misunderstanding.
LinuxDAW_Master
KVRer
 
2 posts since 16 Nov, 2017

Postby LinuxDAW_Master; Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

I've tried the search function but I couldn't find any relevant results. Is the Launchpad Mini supported by this Bitwig extension ?
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1285 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

LinuxDAW_Master wrote:I've tried the search function but I couldn't find any relevant results. Is the Launchpad Mini supported by this Bitwig extension ?


Sorry, no. All supported controllers are listed here:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/wiki
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29422 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:06 pm Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

So does it need a controller that supports OSC?
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1285 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:36 pm Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

aMUSEd wrote:So does it need a controller that supports OSC?


What?
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29422 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Bitwig marks it as using OSC so I assumed that was how it communicates with DAWS
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1285 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

aMUSEd wrote:Bitwig marks it as using OSC so I assumed that was how it communicates with DAWS


Where do you see that? This OSC box is on my system only displayed if you use the OSC extension.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29422 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

moss wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Bitwig marks it as using OSC so I assumed that was how it communicates with DAWS


Where do you see that? This OSC box is on my system only displayed if you use the OSC extension.


I see, that answers my question then, must be specific to certain controllers like Komplete Kontrol which is why I'm seeing it
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1285 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

aMUSEd wrote:
moss wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Bitwig marks it as using OSC so I assumed that was how it communicates with DAWS


Where do you see that? This OSC box is on my system only displayed if you use the OSC extension.


I see, that answers my question then, must be specific to certain controllers like Komplete Kontrol which is why I'm seeing it


Ah, yes. The Kontrol 2 has this weird architecture, I dont speak directly to the device instead NI runs this service in the background (that's why it does not work on Linux -> see me Tutorial video) and this communication is based on OSC.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29422 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:50 am Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Thought so, that is consistent with how it works in Logic.
Previous

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting