How is version 3 progressing?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are we getting closer to beta?

awaiting... :)
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

I had to redo some basic classes from scratch, due to hard bugs, I'm moving a lot of code each day, since I'm not only pointing to a next version, but to a long term project with Nora and its small sister, NoraHarm. It's hard to say when I will finish, but once I'm satisfied, there will be a private beta with some banzai people that like hard emotions :D, and once we cannot find more hard bugs, a public beta.

looking forward to it

The waiting will worth it :)

what happen now, do there come a new version ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Yes, as soon it is ready

Nora 2 went up the hill to fetch some features.
She fetched and fetched some more
until one day she could fetch no more.

Hey, It's about time she comes down from the hill.
So we can arp her to our delight. She loves to be
arped in unspeakable ways!!!

Wiil Nora 3 be downward compatible, so that Nora 2 phrazes and Projects can be loaded ?

Yes, it does. However the pattern MIDI assignment will be lost, and other minor stuff like playlist size etc.

squaredheads wrote:Yes, it does. However the pattern MIDI assignment will be lost, and other minor stuff like playlist size etc.

Thats great ! Thanks !

Little marks for Nora 3 if you implement infinite Tracks:

1. MIDI Buses for connecting more than 16 MIDI channels

2. Very very simple folder tracks in order to hide and categorise tracks that belong together and to keep an overview over many tracks

will NORA 3 be free or paid upgrade? not a problem for me but would like to know. :)
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

major major rewrite of program and full version increment = paid most likely

Everything will be answered when the moment arrives, and all is possible :)

About MIDI Buses, what are them? Direct output from Nora to a midi interface? If it that, it will produce some timming problems, like when you use the Nora AU version instead the VST. It has no solution, since the processing time isn't the real time.

However, linking Nora with an auxiliar reduced version could solve the 16 Midi tracks limitation - but I need to research. It sounds better to me allowing Nora hosting plugins and allow 32 audio outputs (together with the MIDI output).

squaredheads wrote:Everything will be answered when the moment arrives, and all is possible :)

About MIDI Buses, what are them? Direct output from Nora to a midi interface? If it that, it will produce some timming problems, like when you use the Nora AU version instead the VST. It has no solution, since the processing time isn't the real time.

However, linking Nora with an auxiliar reduced version could solve the 16 Midi tracks limitation - but I need to research. It sounds better to me allowing Nora hosting plugins and allow 32 audio outputs (together with the MIDI output).
Nora to host VSTfx and VSTi's?
Seems good to me!
This could simplify routing, improve workflow and ...

Return to “Squaredheads”