Help with sync settings

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nora is a unique and wonderful tool but I'm having problems taming it.

The outcome I want is this:

- Fresh note keypress will restart phrase at the next quantized beat
- Legato playing will change the note but not restart the phrase

So the idea is that I can play Nora live, be in quantized sync, but be able to shift notes within the phrase without restarting the phrase.

I'm having problems getting the right combinations of settings. I can get the phrase to stop resetting on keypress by selecting "engine mode free" and "internal syncronization" but I can't get it to start quantized on the beat.

Thanks for any assistance!

Hello, about Quantized Beat/Next beat: it's not already in the current version, but since it's one of the most requested features in my inbox it will be done in the future.

"Syncronize with host clock" mode will sync the phrase with the host, it doesn't matter if its playing or not! "Internal Sync" mode is what you wish, since it will restart every time a new (non legato) chord is played, but it will keep the sync with legato ones.

Engine Mode free and static are two modes to tell Nora how it should reacts to legato chords. With free mode, notes will stick as much as possible to the input chord(s), if they must split, they will do. With static mode (recomended mode for starters), notes will play until they end, and then they check if the chord has changed.

Until this feature is finished, maybe you could use anoter midi effect to quantize your midi input to beat.

OK thanks for the info. I think in Reaper I can use input MIDI quantize so all should be OK.

On a side note I think it'd be much easier if all options were on a single page in sections instead of being split up under various areas with different pathways to each.

thanks

You are welcome :)

Anyway, which options do you suggest that are in a single page? Notice that some options are global, while other are for each track, and other for each phrase.

In regards to options:

There's the "Options > Preferences" page but there's hardly anything there. Instead you really need to click on the settings icon and go to either arpegiator settings or phrase options for the real bulk of significant options.

I think all three pages (and tabs) should just be on one big preferences page. Or at the very least one page with tabs. Then you could add the randomizer and color tabs there as well. At least that way you'd know that you are seeing all the possibilities. At the moment I flip around wondering if there may be another setting buried on some other page that I missed.

Return to “Squaredheads”