Noise in Right Channel w/ Bitwig

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting a kind of static/buzzing/metallic noise on the right channel when Nora is part of an instrument chain in Bitwig 1.3.12 - I'm on Windows 10 using an Apollo Twin USB and I do NOT have this issue with any other instrument or tool. I've run the same synths (tried half a dozen with the same results) through B-Step and Cthulhu without issue, just with Nora do I get this noise problem.

Hello, could you send me a sample Bitwig project to my email? support [at] squaredhedas {dot} com.

Try to use only the lastest Nora release (2.56) and free or Bitwig included plugins.

You only need to load Polysynth and Nora. You don't need to load or create a sequence, just having Nora active in the chain is enough to create the static.

Hello, I got it.

That was a "fix" for Bitwig. The noise is generated intentionally in Nora because, once you close the Nora interface, if you send a very long to Nora (and only that note), Bitwig suspends the Nora engine, so the note is stuck forever.

Bitwig does not suspend the plugins that send Audio, while they are sending it, so my idea was send a small noise to avoid this problem. You can see more info about the problem here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=435372

Anyway, I can minimize this, and I will do in 2.57. Meanwhile drop the volume fader from the Nora channel to zero. I will remove this noise completely if Bitwig is more friendly to Nora in its current version, I will test it.

Return to “Squaredheads”