Anything new? Yes, a new looper plugin!

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Topic quite self explanationary :)
Last edited by Distorted Horizon on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Distorted Horizon wrote:Topic quite self explanationary :)
Yes! And appreciate it indeed :D Almost for a year long, no update has been public. Currently, we're working hard to update Frosting, and in the mid of developing a new looper plugin.

Also now I remembered about my FM sampling synth concept. It never interested anyone though! A bunch of ideas is waiting to be experimented.

First of all, thanks for the question. As Juno said, we are currently working hard on an update on Frosting, which will include some commonly requested features, and there is more to come.
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

junojux wrote:in the mid of developing a new looper plugin.
Actually this is what I was after :tu:

When can I/we prepare ourselves for beta?

Let us take some time and definitely inform about it on this forum :)

If you have any beloved features for a looper, it's still good to discuss!

yeah, if there's something you've always dreamed about seeing added to a looper, which no looper currently does, now's the time to tell us about it!
ju-x.com

Hi,
Here are several suggestions :
- multitrack
- polyrhytmic (allowing different loop lenghts)
- time stretching
- transpose
- half speed/twice speed
- start/end point editing
- multi-out
- internal effects slots
- vst hosting
- resampling (sample the input, process the loop : time-strething, start/end trimming, applying FX, and then resampling)
- granular processing

... The somewhat hybrid son between Live's looper, BCA Late Replies, Tonecarver TC Stretch, ToneCarver GrainMaker, ToneCarver TCRegen and SoopaDoopaLoopa and The Mangle :)

Thanks for sharing your looper wish list!
Would that be kind of a standalone app? And if I may ask, what would you do with it? Jam, play live, use it as a sketchpad for DAW-based production?
ju-x.com

Hi, Hanzo
It could be both.
I like VST better (because of drag & dropping audio loops from/to host, and it's better when used as a sketchpad. Also, it's great to record the output stream in the DAW.)
But standalone could be nice for live use.

I would mainly use it to jam, and for live improvisations and record multilayer loops in realtime.

Oh, and two more features, if you don't mind :)
- undo
- loop decay

sinkmusic wrote:Hi,
Here are several suggestions :
Thank you for them! I think having flexible enough audio router may solve not to have hosting feature?

And will think about granular mangling etc further more :)

I think having flexible enough audio router may solve not to have hosting feature?
Sorry, what do you mean ?
By "host", you mean "standalone version", or "being able to load 3d party plugins" ?

If the former, the answer would be "yes" ;)

If the latter, it depends : if one want to resample a processed audio loop, the audio should be able to be first recorded to the looper, then processed internally (timestretching/granular processing/start-end points, etc), then processed externally (filtering, eq, reverb, etc), then going back to the looper to be resampled. Feature-wise, it would be great (because allowing what few loopers actually allow), workflow-wise, it would be not so great (because it would involve quite a lot of mouseclicks, audio routing, etc).
The less clicks, the better ;)

sinkmusic wrote:Sorry, what do you mean ?
I mean the situation that a plugin hosts plugins. So the latter case!

The plugin can provide 2 or more inputs and outputs. So if your host lets you route them with other plugins flexibly, all it to have should be good enough audio router also.

So that you can realize your desired signal paths entirely with the host and the plugins without much additional mouse clicking :wink:

Yes, it sounds good like, given we can have 4 configurable inputs ;)
(in my case, 1-2 would be "soundcard in", 3-4 would be "from host")

sinkmusic wrote:Yes, it sounds good like, given we can have 4 configurable inputs ;)
(in my case, 1-2 would be "soundcard in", 3-4 would be "from host")
Right, also multiple outputs will be good for 2 or more loopers to be connected to different set of effects!

This looper will be wonderful then :)

Return to “Ju-X”