HostingAU - MIDI CC for Track & Master Faders?

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello - first post and only recently started using softsynths. I *LOVE* the simplicity and GUI of HostingAU, and the "get-info, 32-bit" option for running VB3 (in my case). I'm also cheating and running Arturia Analog Lab 3 inside HostingAU, which is supposedly 64-bit only now, while HostingAU is set for 32-bit for VB3. Everything works stable for me for quick demos and jam sessions - the only error is when closing HostingAU - it generates an error box but I 'ignore' and restart your app if I need it.

My ONE wish is to use MIDI CC to control HostingAU's volume faders directly. Some plugins do not have or see CC7 for some reason (VB3 does but Addictive Keys Studio Grand and Analog Lab 3 do not). If I could control at least volume faders themselves using unassigned MIDI CC, that would solve my problem. Others may want pan and mute as well, but direct volume control of the app would be my only wish.

Thank you for your work!

Regards from Nashville,
Dalevis

Dalevis wrote:Hello - first post and only recently started using softsynths. I *LOVE* the simplicity and GUI of HostingAU, and the "get-info, 32-bit" option for running VB3 (in my case). I'm also cheating and running Arturia Analog Lab 3 inside HostingAU, which is supposedly 64-bit only now, while HostingAU is set for 32-bit for VB3. Everything works stable for me for quick demos and jam sessions - the only error is when closing HostingAU - it generates an error box but I 'ignore' and restart your app if I need it.
Hi Dalevis,

Sorry for my late reply! I was overlooking here since I had no notification which happens randomly hmm…

Well, appreciate your love for Hosting AU :) Now I tested VB3 on OSX 10.7 quickly, then had no crash while unloading/quitting too. So couldn't recreate the issue. If possible, could you inform me a surest way (and specific environment if applicable) to crash?
Dalevis wrote:My ONE wish is to use MIDI CC to control HostingAU's volume faders directly. Some plugins do not have or see CC7 for some reason (VB3 does but Addictive Keys Studio Grand and Analog Lab 3 do not). If I could control at least volume faders themselves using unassigned MIDI CC, that would solve my problem. Others may want pan and mute as well, but direct volume control of the app would be my only wish.

Thank you for your work!

Regards from Nashville,
Dalevis
Tested with Addictive Keys, and I found it has "Master_Level" parameter that works for total volume control. You can assign your CC knobs by command-comma or selecting "MIDI Controller Setting" in Hosting AU menu. A new window for CC setting will popup, so please select plugin name then select parameter to assign to along with CC#. That's all!

Even though, it's a missing feature that lets MIDI controls Hosting AU itself. Will note this for feature suggestions.

Thank you!

Thanks for looking into it - I'll give it another go.

Forgot to mention I'm running OS 10.10.5. I know it's a bit of a mish-mash of OS, 32-bit mode, etc etc but trying to get 32-bit VB3 (my primary concern) to live with the other plugins. Analog Lab 3 requires 10.10 at minimum so I can't really cheat there. VB3 doesn't support 64-bit AU and doesn't guarantee later-than-OS10.9.

I'll investigate further and report back. Thanks again for the great simplicity of the product!

dl

Dalevis wrote:Thanks for looking into it - I'll give it another go.

Forgot to mention I'm running OS 10.10.5. I know it's a bit of a mish-mash of OS, 32-bit mode, etc etc but trying to get 32-bit VB3 (my primary concern) to live with the other plugins. Analog Lab 3 requires 10.10 at minimum so I can't really cheat there. VB3 doesn't support 64-bit AU and doesn't guarantee later-than-OS10.9.

I'll investigate further and report back. Thanks again for the great simplicity of the product!

dl
Sure, and any time! ;)

Return to “Ju-X”