Can't hear anything with Hosting AU

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong but I can't hear anything. I've played around a little with the settings, making sure that my Scarlett 2i2 was selected as my output device, and making sure that a valid instrument AU was selected as the input. The instrument screens show that the MIDI signal is getting through, but I just cannot hear anything. I've attached a copy of my screen...
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 13.21.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Thank you for choosing Hosting AU! Let me list what to try possibly:

1. First off, the output slot (the last slot of master track) looks muted. You can unmute it by clicking the right side button of the slot.

2. Also you can choose a stereo pair of channels (to output) by clicking the center part of the slot where device name is shown.

3. Press "Test Sequence" button that should send MIDI notes surely to the instrument.

4. Select any other instrument to see if Dexed is making any issue in case. I tried very early Dexed once sometime ago, and it didn't make any sound.

If the instrument makes sound at least internally in Hosting AU, you'll see the level meters work.

Hope this helps, but if not, please let me know!

Thanks for the reply! I tried step 1, and that made the difference that when I press the MIDI keyboard now I hear clicks with a trace of echo.

WRT step 2, I see a pop-up menu with a single option Ch: 01-02 which appears always to be ticked, regardless of clicking.
Step 3. I see activity with the level meters, but no sound.
Step 4. I've tried a few others which I know are working as plug-ins within Logic Pro. Still no notes, just clicks.

I'm using Logic Pro 10.4.1 under macOS 10.13.4 in case that makes any difference.

You may be hearing clicks with echo because you enable built-in input for the track 4? So no.1 may proof your output connection is right.

For no.2, that should be right if your audio interface has 2 channels for output.

No.3 sounds good. To narrow the issue, can you once select Built-in Output for the output slot to see if your Mac plays the sound?

Is level meter of master track reacting together with the 1st track's?

Hello again. I don't know what's changed but everything seems to be working now!

Sounds nice :) Please enjoy it!

Return to “Ju-X”