Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

midimood
KVRer

18 posts since 28 Sep, 2016

Postby midimood; Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:25 am Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

This is the official place to discuss anything related to MIDIMood's products:

• Support
  • Feature Requests
  • “How-to” Questions
  • Issue Reports
  • Workflow Suggestions
  • etc.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4912 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

Just noticed your forum! Great plugin; looking forward to using latest features.
skarabee
KVRist

42 posts since 30 Mar, 2017, from New Caledonia

Postby skarabee; Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:02 pm Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

Hi
Happy Kameleono user here.
midimood
KVRer

Postby midimood; Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

skarabee wrote:Hi
Happy Kameleono user here.

It nice to hear that, thanks. :phones:
skarabee
KVRist

Postby skarabee; Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

I've spend some times to built a MUX patch that was similar to Kameleono, aimed at live play, but wasn't satisfied with the results. (lack of latch modes)
Then I found Kameleono. :)

That is exactly what I had in mind: having a buch of midi sequence patterns on one side and the ability to play chords that would be sequenced.
Now with the new "pattern" mode in V2, I could get rid of the midi patterns track. Next thing is the ability to select patterns on the fly, from a controler, but I suspect this is on the roadmap ;-)

I would suggest one thing I saw in MUW's sequencer: the patterns are selected by the lowest midi notes, the ones nobody use...By the way, having more patterns (16 instead of 8 ) would be great.

Some other suggestions:
- what about midi CCs sequencing?
- some randomness here and there could be fun
midimood
KVRer

Postby midimood; Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

skarabee wrote:I've spend some times to built a MUX patch that was similar to Kameleono, aimed at live play, but wasn't satisfied with the results. (lack of latch modes)
Then I found Kameleono. :)

That is exactly what I had in mind: having a buch of midi sequence patterns on one side and the ability to play chords that would be sequenced.
Now with the new "pattern" mode in V2, I could get rid of the midi patterns track. Next thing is the ability to select patterns on the fly, from a controler, but I suspect this is on the roadmap ;-)

I would suggest one thing I saw in MUW's sequencer: the patterns are selected by the lowest midi notes, the ones nobody use...By the way, having more patterns (16 instead of 8 ) would be great.

Some other suggestions:
- what about midi CCs sequencing?
- some randomness here and there could be fun

Thanks for the suggestions about the new Pattern module.

About CCs: Some of them are actually used for sequencing (See the Expr section in the Manual).
If there are others that are important please let me know and I'll add them.
skarabee
KVRist

Postby skarabee; Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

About CCs: I noticed the CC1, 7, 10 being used. 3 more CCs could be adde to expand Kameleono expressivity. The best could be to have slots with assignables CCs, where user can pick a CC number from a list.

If this is too hard to implement and need to be a fixed CC number, maybe you can use some of the standard control numbers, as they are generaly used and recognized by many VSTis:
74 for filter cutoff
91 for reverb send
93 for chorus

As many VSTis have now a midi learn, maybe some undefined CC numbers can be the trick, there are plenty of them:
CC 16 to 31
CC 75 to 79
skarabee
KVRist

Postby skarabee; Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 am Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

Another suggestion: ability to add or substract % of the note duration. This can drastically modify a sequence, from Staccato to Legato.

From UI perspective: a centered horizontal slider with less (left) more (right)
From coder perspective: well... ahem, I'm not a coder, sorry ;)

this control linked to a midi CC could expand the possibility.
mooter
KVRist

472 posts since 28 Jul, 2002, from Chicago

Postby mooter; Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:07 pm Re: Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

Hello, I just purchased your wonderful plugin (thanks for the end of year sale!) and I wasn't sure if the vst version is supposed to stay at v2.0 while the AU version is at 2.1? I had the demo installed from around a month ago and I'm not sure if there's a conflict or if that's correct. My AU version says 2.1 and the vst version says 2.0. Regardless, thanks for the great plugin; I think it'll definitely help with my musical progression :)

Moderators: Moderators (Main), MIDIMood Mods

Return to MIDIMood