Welcome to the MIDIMood support forum!

This is the official place to discuss anything related to MIDIMood's products:
  • Support
  • Feature Requests
  • “How-to” Questions
  • Issue Reports
  • Workflow Suggestions
  • etc.

Just noticed your forum! Great plugin; looking forward to using latest features.

Hi
Happy Kameleono user here.

skarabee wrote:Hi
Happy Kameleono user here.
It nice to hear that, thanks. :phones:

I've spend some times to built a MUX patch that was similar to Kameleono, aimed at live play, but wasn't satisfied with the results. (lack of latch modes)
Then I found Kameleono. :)

That is exactly what I had in mind: having a buch of midi sequence patterns on one side and the ability to play chords that would be sequenced.
Now with the new "pattern" mode in V2, I could get rid of the midi patterns track. Next thing is the ability to select patterns on the fly, from a controler, but I suspect this is on the roadmap ;-)

I would suggest one thing I saw in MUW's sequencer: the patterns are selected by the lowest midi notes, the ones nobody use...By the way, having more patterns (16 instead of 8 ) would be great.

Some other suggestions:
- what about midi CCs sequencing?
- some randomness here and there could be fun

skarabee wrote:I've spend some times to built a MUX patch that was similar to Kameleono, aimed at live play, but wasn't satisfied with the results. (lack of latch modes)
Then I found Kameleono. :)

That is exactly what I had in mind: having a buch of midi sequence patterns on one side and the ability to play chords that would be sequenced.
Now with the new "pattern" mode in V2, I could get rid of the midi patterns track. Next thing is the ability to select patterns on the fly, from a controler, but I suspect this is on the roadmap ;-)

I would suggest one thing I saw in MUW's sequencer: the patterns are selected by the lowest midi notes, the ones nobody use...By the way, having more patterns (16 instead of 8 ) would be great.

Some other suggestions:
- what about midi CCs sequencing?
- some randomness here and there could be fun
Thanks for the suggestions about the new Pattern module.

About CCs: Some of them are actually used for sequencing (See the Expr section in the Manual).
If there are others that are important please let me know and I'll add them.

About CCs: I noticed the CC1, 7, 10 being used. 3 more CCs could be adde to expand Kameleono expressivity. The best could be to have slots with assignables CCs, where user can pick a CC number from a list.

If this is too hard to implement and need to be a fixed CC number, maybe you can use some of the standard control numbers, as they are generaly used and recognized by many VSTis:
74 for filter cutoff
91 for reverb send
93 for chorus

As many VSTis have now a midi learn, maybe some undefined CC numbers can be the trick, there are plenty of them:
CC 16 to 31
CC 75 to 79

Another suggestion: ability to add or substract % of the note duration. This can drastically modify a sequence, from Staccato to Legato.

From UI perspective: a centered horizontal slider with less (left) more (right)
From coder perspective: well... ahem, I'm not a coder, sorry ;)

this control linked to a midi CC could expand the possibility.

Hello, I just purchased your wonderful plugin (thanks for the end of year sale!) and I wasn't sure if the vst version is supposed to stay at v2.0 while the AU version is at 2.1? I had the demo installed from around a month ago and I'm not sure if there's a conflict or if that's correct. My AU version says 2.1 and the vst version says 2.0. Regardless, thanks for the great plugin; I think it'll definitely help with my musical progression :)

Sorry to write such a longwinded reply to the thread.

I honestly would love to check this out. It sounds like some very worthwhile goals are being reached here.

Is the manual on the website up-to-the-minute updated?

I'll say that without seeing and understanding more about the full features, such as via a 30 minute overview demo vid, its hard to make a decision. It appears that there are so many features that such a video would require a "start-from-scratch" approach, showing the most polished FX the plugin can produce, and then explaining how they are done. Can this be played live? Or is it meant only to play existing MIDI tracks and sequences? Is there a "trigger mode" similar to Omnisphere's Live toolset (Latch & Trigger are both permitted?) Even fully updated online manual would help, with a concise set of statements such as - "this is what I want to do that can't be done anywhere else, and this is how I can do it".

I empathize with the project. Because the plugin sidechains MIDI (which may be the best way to truly distinguish it in the developer's mind) it is really unfortunate that this really opens up a can of worms in my mind - because side-chaining is one of the more difficult things to learn with some plugins (basically because of the variety of DAWs that handle it somewhat or very differently - which is why I had issues with Fab Filter's compressor In Reaper but not in FL Studio for instance). So inevitably this is making me think, OMG how complex is this going to be.

I am unsure if this is for me because I've done a lot of experimenting tools that are cutting edge. The biggest example is Amaranth Audio, which reached a point immediately after I bought it for $150, where it ceased to be developed. There are creative MIDI and Arp related products that I already own, like the aforementioned Omnisphere (with Live Mode), Scaler, Cthulhu, AutoTonic, Arpology, Kirnu Cream, Ana 2, and HY Seq, that are already somewhat complex, and each have strong benefits. Nora is one that I did not purchase, because it looks interesting but seems to me to have drawbacks.

What is not clear is how the end goal meets the work flow, kind of from the end result to the simple data flow to the set up. Rather than from the setup (which differs in every DAW so can't be accurately shown without 20 vids), to the complex routing possibilities, and only barely showing an example tune that is mon-timbral and sounds totally quantized.

Is this use of Sidechained MIDI helpful to someone who can already play complex piano parts - or someone who can play medium level parts, or only basic parts, or is the plugin best used by driving it with pre-existing (whether quantized or unquantized) MIDI data? I've purchased a lot of plugins that were a little to complex or had basic or necessary features missing. This is why a bit more info would help.

Return to “MIDIMood”