Modelonia and EWI4000s

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
I'm new to Modelonia and very keen to see what can I do with it and my wind controller (Akai EWI 4000s). But I'm having difficulties, it doesn't seem to respond to pressure/volume change and each note stops shortly after it started (although I'm still blowing continuously....).
Could someone help me set it up properly for use with my EWI? (I have the demo installed on my Mac so it's version 1.7 I think, and I've been trying it from GarageBand)
All the best,
Mato

Is it the same behavior for all the presets that you choose at random in Modelonia? Try ten presets at random, and is it the same for all?

And when using a traditional MIDI keyboard instead of the wind controller do these same presets behave correctly? The duration of the sustain, the response to the velocity, etc.

Third and last question for the moment: Is the behavior of the wind controller correct with other VSTs?

An information: beware, the company nuSofting has a big problem currently: Luigi (the boss of this very little italian company) has a bad health and in the past six months several purchasers have been refund by Paypal because of non response from Luigi after their purchase. The website itself is often closed. The products are excellent (I use several of them with great pleasure) but the company is in big difficulty.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thanks BW!
Thanks for the response. Yes, it's the same with all presets. I haven't yet tried to connect the keyboard, will look into that but I really wanted to use it with the wind controller. My guess was that it's some kind of mismatch between MIDI codes that EWI sends and codes that Modelonia expects by default, I'm not very knowledgable about those things. I saw somewhere that in version 2 one can check and adjust those things in Modelonia, but if I understood correctly that version is still only available for Windows...
I'm sorry to hear about Luigi's health, I hope he'll get better soon.
All the best,
m

Hello Mato
mato_i wrote:I haven't yet tried to connect the keyboard, will look into that but I really wanted to use it with the wind controller. My guess was that it's some kind of mismatch between MIDI codes that EWI sends and codes that Modelonia expects by default
Yes, it is precisely the reason why I suggested you to make a try with the keyboard. In the chain there is the MIDI controller (the wind controller or the keyboard), then the driver of the MIDI controller, then the DAW, then Modelonia.
  • If all works fine with the keyboard, it means that all the chain is correct except either the wind controller either its driver (not the last in date for example).
  • At the contrary if with the keyboard you had the same behavior it would mean that the problem is neither your wind controller nor its driver, but somewhere in the dialog between Modelonia and the DAW (the next step being therefore to make a try with another DAW (a free one or a demo version) to check if the problem comes from Modelonia itself or from your DAW.
By this way we progress step by step in the diagnostic of the cause of the issue, proceeding by successive eliminations to identify the exact element by approaching closer and closer.
mato_i wrote:I saw somewhere that in version 2 one can check and adjust those things in Modelonia, but if I understood correctly that version is still only available for Windows...
It's not even available for Windows. I have it (for Windows of course) but for the moment it is only in beta version (and it is in standby, in wait for Luigi's return), there is not yet any released version.
mato_i wrote:I'm sorry to hear about Luigi's health, I hope he'll get better soon.
All the best,
m
Yes, we wish him to recover well and quite quickly. Nothing is more important than the health in the life.

Kind regards!
BlackWinny
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “NUSofting”