what happened to 'broken drum machine'? More MP3s

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wanted to try it out but it's not on the nusofting site. anyone know where i can dl it?
here's the link on kvr: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2830.html

luxcyon wrote:wanted to try it out but it's not on the nusofting site. anyone know where i can dl it?
It hasn't been released yet, but it is coming.

pw wrote:
luxcyon wrote:wanted to try it out but it's not on the nusofting site. anyone know where i can dl it?
It hasn't been released yet, but it is coming.
oh ok. thanks :)

yes, and thanks for asking, Broken Drum Machine is currently in the production lab.

would you like some.....help :)
breaking things?
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:would you like some.....help :)
breaking things?
LOL, good one, you may break some presets later, <grin>

BTW now I'm building a perfectly working drum machine, and later I will really "but virtually" break it, should be fun, but hard too,

suggestions about what to break in it?

liqih wrote:BTW now I'm building a perfectly working drum machine, and later I will really "but virtually" break it, should be fun, but hard too,

How about everything but switchable like it had been circuit bent?
其余的是噪音

:hyper:
..what goes around comes around..

azrael wrote:
liqih wrote:BTW now I'm building a perfectly working drum machine, and later I will really "but virtually" break it, should be fun, but hard too,

maybe my question should have been: How to break it?

What about 2 modes?

- Analog mode:
This would emulate broken stuff as if the drum machine was hardware and phisically damaged i.e. bad contacts, burnt electronic components, circuit bents, that kind of stuff.

- Digital mode:
This would actually introduce errors in the code i.e. switching variables, resetting values at random intervals, "bad" code, etc

The second mode might be easier to implement but lots of fun to (mis)use 8)
Just an idea...
The mind boggles.

yes Juanjo, actually so far I was thinking on the line of a mixed beaviour, both bad contacts and code errors,

thanks for the input

liqih wrote:
azrael wrote:

maybe my question should have been: How to break it?
Sorry that was perhaps too broad an answer :-)

Apart from Juanjo's excellent ideas and the random oscs you've previously mentioned, off the top of my head and again I don't know how workable these are:

Corruption of MIDI data, wrong notes etc

Truncated sounds

Pitch drift

Varying ADSR

Crackles

If there is a built in sequencer, have it skip steps or play in the wrong order where you set which step it can malfunction at.

Slow downs and speed ups that balance so pattern length is always the same
其余的是噪音

good, so I big question is:

should BDM have a sequencer or not??

making a nice sequencer is already some work, but making a "cleverly broken" one it's surely an hard task, <grin>

of course I have some ideas to run thru, but I'd love to hear your opinion
if BDM should be a pure generator or a beat box with patterns

thanks

More:

- UI errors i.e. gui controls (buttons, sliders) not always responding to mouse clicks and movements (as if they were loose), random midi/automation misfirings, etc.
This would add a layer of unpredictability to the actual handling of the instrument (of course it could be optional).
The mind boggles.

Return to “NUSofting”