What is a fractal LFO? Now with MIDI plugin

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blortblort: it took me a while to get it, i only use live - so i don't know about other hosts - but i DO find a bit awkward the way one has to work with routings. got to try modulating an FX now...
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

@shanecgriffo - yer very welcome! I just hope the explanation is clear enough (basically, the routing situation for these sort of midi vsts in Live is like reaching around your ass to get to your other elbow...at best)
@Download SOphist - I hear ya, man...'tis awkward indeed, but I tell ya- the power of this fractal LFO (imho...) is routing it to fx parameters, and once Luigi unleashes that power in something even more refined than Kaotica Control, it's gonna be a killer. To me- this fractal LFO thing (at least the way it's implemented in KC) is sort of a way to assign constrained randomizations to a parameter and that (applied judiciously...or insanely) can really add all sorts of life to a sound... or turn it into something akin to granular experimentalism...either way- sign me up!:tu:

Thanks Luigi! The play option is a good addition ;)
I'll do some experiments with it again ASAP!

Thanks Max, I did read your requests and I hope this release it much more usefull.
Beside the CC out, the notes out is fun, automating the various controls I was able to produce some nice melodies as well, <grin>

Nice :tu:

My only request, which I expect is coming any way, would be assignable CC numbers. At the moment I'm using IPZ's midiconverter which makes it a bit more cumbersome but it works :-)

Things get a bit crazy when you use 1 Kaotica to control another ;-) Although Kaotica's controls don't seem to respond for me even though I can hear the difference :shrug:

Fractal LFO Viewer is really helpful as well, maybe that could be built in as well as a kind of mini oscillascope?
其余的是噪音

yes to everything, <grin>

Cool! Can't wait even though I'll have to :-)
其余的是噪音

"Kaotica Hang Drum Player" is a 3:29 video about using "Kaotica Controls"
to generate rhythmic patterns with notes, playing an emulated Hang Drum sound.

http://www.screencast.com/t/a7xARkmUCk

Enjoy and please let me know your comments.

Thanks,

Luigi

liqih wrote:"Kaotica Hang Drum Player" is a 3:29 video about using "Kaotica Controls"
to generate rhythmic patterns with notes, playing an emulated Hang Drum sound.

http://www.screencast.com/t/a7xARkmUCk

Enjoy and please let me know your comments.

Thanks,

Luigi
lovely lovely stuff, Luigi!
thanks very much for sharing.

cool
thank you

Here's what you get with about 20 or so instances of Kaotica, Broken Drum Machine, a Silverbox and some effects.

Kaoticid

No human input except for me on the mixer sliders.
其余的是噪音

massive! Actually I can distiguish only 4 or 5 Kaotica, but I will not doubt your word, <grin>. Seriously I admire the work on the rhythm and effects.

Thanks for putting it up to eleven

liqih wrote:massive! Actually I can distiguish only 4 or 5 Kaotica, but I will not doubt your word, <grin>. Seriously I admire the work on the rhythm and effects.

Cheers and BUMP! :-)

Mostly they were used for parameters rather than notes, but I got a bit carried away effectwise so you probably can't tell they're there unless I turned them off.

BDM used 3 (notes & chaos slider and 1 as a Kaotica controller)

Silverbox had 9 or 10 (notes, one controlling the one controlling the notes, cut off, pattern length, drive, waveform type, env mod, decay, accent & I think retrigger)

Dirtbox used 2 for the x-y controller and 1 to control the other

Another Dirtbox (slightly different setting) used 2 for the x-y controller and 1 to control the other

Faderratic used 1 to trigger the slider between the 2 Dirtboxes

DubStation used 2, 1 for the mix and 1 to control the other.
其余的是噪音

Az're-ul wrote:
liqih wrote:massive! Actually I can distiguish only 4 or 5 Kaotica, but I will not doubt your word, <grin>. Seriously I admire the work on the rhythm and effects.

Cheers and BUMP! :-)

Mostly they were used for parameters rather than notes, but I got a bit carried away effectwise so you probably can't tell they're there unless I turned them off.

BDM used 3 (notes & chaos slider and 1 as a Kaotica controller)

Silverbox had 9 or 10 (notes, one controlling the one controlling the notes, cut off, pattern length, drive, waveform type, env mod, decay, accent & I think retrigger)

Dirtbox used 2 for the x-y controller and 1 to control the other

Another Dirtbox (slightly different setting) used 2 for the x-y controller and 1 to control the other

Faderratic used 1 to trigger the slider between the 2 Dirtboxes

DubStation used 2, 1 for the mix and 1 to control the other.
...that's just crazy

:D
very nice, Az :tu:

Return to “NUSofting”