Yes we have it! EMM Knagalis for OS X, Mac beta available

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very Good!, Now is time to add the new feature, which is an acoustic enhancer filter, basically it will help to have more variations when notes are repeated.

Cheers

Did some extra tryouts, OSX 10.4.11, iBook G4, Mu.Lab 3.1 (latest version), no problems at all.

Signor Luigi, release the beast! ;)

Thanks! <grin>

Hi Luigi,

do you please fix the drone scale to be able to choose a F#?
This is missing from the beginning.

A nice addition would be an adjustable vibrato triggered by Aftertouch.

AU and VST are working fine here, except one small thing.
I put my own bank as default, but after loading a new instance of the plugin the Sitar is still loaded as first preset.
In the display it shows the correct name and sample of my first preset.

Phil

Hi,

yes I will add that F#, strangely nobody noted that beside you, for years, well maybe F# is not commonly used as drone pitch.

Right about the vibrato, that's missing as I though that pitchbend would have been enough,
beside the vibrato I would also change the Tone controls, it doesn't seem a very usefull EQ right now, opinions?

PhilG wrote:AU and VST are working fine here, except one small thing.
I put my own bank as default, but after loading a new instance of the plugin the Sitar is still loaded as first preset.
In the display it shows the correct name and sample of my first preset.
Is that with both the VST and AU? And which host does this happen in?

I'll have to check, but I think this could happen with the AU version because AU presets are quite different to VST presets and the default bank is essentially in VST preset format. I've tried to correlate the AU presets with the VST presets as best I can, but this mapping falls down when the user default bank file comes into play. I kind of assumed that most users using the AU version would use their host's AU preset system.

blurk wrote: Is that with both the VST and AU? And which host does this happen in?

I'll have to check, but I think this could happen with the AU version because AU presets are quite different to VST presets and the default bank is essentially in VST preset format. I've tried to correlate the AU presets with the VST presets as best I can, but this mapping falls down when the user default bank file comes into play. I kind of assumed that most users using the AU version would use their host's AU preset system.
It happens with both versions in Live 8.
Even when I choose the first preset directly after loading the plugin, still the Sitar sample is loaded.

One difference, the AU plays the Sitar and changes the sample to SitarRaga after loading my first preset.

The VST doesn't change the sample name and shows my sample, but play the SitarRaga.

It seems the first memory place doesn't save correctly, when you set a new default bank.

PhilG wrote:It happens with both versions in Live 8.
Even when I choose the first preset directly after loading the plugin, still the Sitar sample is loaded.

One difference, the AU plays the Sitar and changes the sample to SitarRaga after loading my first preset.

The VST doesn't change the sample name and shows my sample, but play the SitarRaga.

It seems the first memory place doesn't save correctly, when you set a new default bank.
Hmmm. That's not exactly what I'm seeing in Bidule, which is what I'm currently testing with (yeah, not exactly mainstream, I know). I'm downloading the Live 8 demo now, and will attempt to reproduce the problem there over the weekend.

But what I'm seeing in Bidule is that VST plugin does load from the default bank correctly, picking up the new name for the first preset, and the altered sample and the changes I made to the FX settings to make the change in sound even more obvious. But, as I described above, the AU version does get mixed up with the default bank, showing the change settings in the UI but playing the Tempered Sitar sound.

I remembered some more details about how the AU works (at least using the Symbiosis library, but possibly the raw AU would behave this way anyway): basically upon startup, EMM Knagalis loads all the info from the default bank but the host is setting the details from what it thinks is the first AU preset file, which won't match the default bank. So visually, you are seeing stuff from the default bank, but the audio parameters are from the AU preset. I'll need to look at this some more, but the AU style of doing things is different from the VST style so it's tricky mapping from one to the other. A lot of the other plugins I've looked at either ignore the AU factory concept altogether and only use their own preset management system or they only use the host's preset management and don't provide their own. It's mixing the two systems that's tricky.

PhilG wrote:It happens with both versions in Live 8.
OK, just confirming I am seeing in Live the behaviour you report in the VST plugin as well as the AU plugin, so there is something different in the way the different hosts initialise the plugin.
PhilG wrote:It seems the first memory place doesn't save correctly, when you set a new default bank.
FWIW I think it is being saved correctly, but there is some conflict in the reload.

I'm afraid this mightn't be a quick fix, but I will look into it.

Sometimes it's just enough to change the order of calls in the constructor, or in resume(), sometimes...

I take it that this is the original version 1.34, altered to work on a Mac? :?

if it isn't I'm stuck as I cannot find the ticket number for the etno bundle, although I have the receipt from PayPal :oops:

It is probably one of my most favourite VST instruments :)
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

Hi,

my beta expired yesterday?

Can it be reinstalled or can I expect a new version soon?

Phil

PhilG wrote:my beta expired yesterday?
Yes, the beta expiry was set to the end of June.
PhilG wrote:Can it be reinstalled or can I expect a new version soon?
No, reinstalling won't extend the beta period. I'm not sure what Liqih's plans are, apart from him working on the new features he mentioned above. I expect when he's finished those (on Windows) we'll do another Mac build. Though we haven't discussed this, it wouldn't surprise if we then did a Win and Mac beta.
KindredSpirit wrote:I take it that this is the original version 1.34, altered to work on a Mac?
Yes, this beta is essentially version 1.34 built for the Mac. Though Liqih said above, there'll be a new feature added too.

blurk wrote:
PhilG wrote:my beta expired yesterday?
Yes, the beta expiry was set to the end of June.
PhilG wrote:Can it be reinstalled or can I expect a new version soon?
No, reinstalling won't extend the beta period. I'm not sure what Liqih's plans are, apart from him working on the new features he mentioned above. I expect when he's finished those (on Windows) we'll do another Mac build. Though we haven't discussed this, it wouldn't surprise if we then did a Win and Mac beta.
KindredSpirit wrote:I take it that this is the original version 1.34, altered to work on a Mac?
Yes, this beta is essentially version 1.34 built for the Mac. Though Liqih said above, there'll be a new feature added too.
Ok,

good that I didn't start to use it for my projects yet.

Hopefully it won't take too long a new (final?) version will be released.

Thx for the information.

Phil

Yes release should come next week, Thanks!

Return to “NUSofting”