Knagalis Mac, Logic in 64-bit mode

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the demo and liked this very much. It ran fine in with Logic 9 (in 64-bit mode) via 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge. I purchased and installed. Now it only works if I have Logic running in 32 bit mode. As soon as I switch it to 64 bit mode, Logic's 32-bit Audio Unit bridge crashes. Any ideas? Great plug-in! Looking forward to work with it.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz i7
16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD
Mac OS 10.8.3
Logic Pro 9.1.8

Sorry that you are having problems with the OS X version of Knagnalis.

It's been a good few years since I did this OS X port for Liqih, and that pre-dated the widespread introduction of 64-bit hosts. But from memory, there shouldn't be that much that is different between the demo version and full version so I don't know why the 32-bit Audio Unit bridge would crash in one and not the other. If you could send me a crash log via PM, that might give a hint to see if the plugin itself is doing anything wrong.

We actually use Magnus Lidström's Symbiosis to wrap the VST plugin as an Audio Unit, but I haven't seen any reports of that having problems in 64-bit Logic.

Thanks very much for your attention. I'll PM you the crash log. -Eric

Is there is a planned 64-bit OS X version for the future? I think for now, I'm going to have to uninstall this and wait, as it's become too problematic to try and work back and forth between 32 and 64. Thank you. -Eric

I don't want to preempt any announcements or make any promises on behalf of Liqih, but I think it's reasonable to say that I am looking into what it would take to make a native 64-bit OS X build (no, it's not a simple recompile).

Yes, I'm sure it's not an easy task. Okay, I look forward to it. thanks.

Wondering if there's any plan for this yet. I purchased this and am yet to be able to use it. If there's a plan in place, it would be beneficial for me to know. Otherwise I need to look elsewhere for an alternative. Thank you kindly.

hausmann wrote:Wondering if there's any plan for this yet. I purchased this and am yet to be able to use it. If there's a plan in place, it would be beneficial for me to know. Otherwise I need to look elsewhere for an alternative. Thank you kindly.
Sorry, I haven't checked in here for a bit. Yes, though I can't make promises / announcements on behalf of Liqih, a 64-bit OS X port of Knagalis is looking good.

Looks like the beta is working well, right?

liqih wrote:Looks like the beta is working well, right?
Yes, it's working well so far. I've heard it's working in Logic 9 and Logic X, and I've also run it in 64-bit Bidule. Hearing reports from any other 64-bit AU hosts would be good, or even 64-bit VST hosts on OS X.

Great, we could release it soon

Return to “NUSofting”