Strings Dream Synthesizer 1.5 issues

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here are some issues I have found using Strings Dream Synthesizer 1.5 together with Logic 8, Mac OS 10.4.11 and Mac OS 10.5.8 on two Mac G5:s (one late 2005, one early 2005).

An ancient setup, I know, but it's actually very stable and well working for music production.

Anyway:

1) As mentioned before by someone else, the left audio output is louder than the right audio output. This is noticable when turning off the Ensemble fx.
This pan issue was not the case in the earlier demo version of SDS, as far as I remember.

2) When looking in credits window, the 1.5 version still says version 1.4 (?).

3) And the major issue, a walk through:

(a) When opening up a SDS 1.5 instrument in Logic 8 all oscillators are turned off, all fx:s are off and the ADSR levels are down to minimum.

(b) When switching to a factory preset (like "Night Swells") all values are still off or down to a minimum. No sound output what so ever. However, the "Compare"-button is now lit.

(c) Depressing the "Compare"-button activates some of the osciallators plus the ADSR and some of the FX:s. There is sound output, but it's thin and primitive, not "Night Swells". More like an init sound.

(d) Pressing the "Compare"-button once again changes settings dramatically. Now the sound is correct, it sounds like "Night Swells" should do, rich and warm. I can also toggle between various presets without any hazzle.

(e) BUT, when saving a preset the oscillators are turned off and sound is gone.

I would like to end this post by saying that I think Strings Dream Synthesizer is a totally amazing instrument, I love the sound and find it more usable than most other plugs. So, this is the reason I really want to make it work for me.

I will email this post directly to Luigi at NUSofting together with screenshots.

Thanks.

Return to “NUSofting”