Please tell me about Metaplugin solution for Logic pro x 64-bit and... http://www.soundradix.com

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please tell me about Metaplugin solution for Logic pro x 64-bit and the integration of 32-bit (NUSofing or others) plugins.

As you know we are working hard trying to develop and build native OS X 64-bit
versions of our synths and fx, EMM Knagalis is done,
and soon we'll have daHornet ported. (expensive job)

But today a user who bought Strings Dream SDS 32-bit, wrote he can play it smoothly in Logic Pro X
using DDMF Metaplugin and JBridge/JBridgeM.

So I checked http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3
Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins. As simple as that. Build your own effect networks using any VST (and AU, if you're on Mac) effect you already have on your harddisk. To get you started, a Mid-Side matrix and a fourband crossover filter are included in the package. This means instant mid-side or multiband compression/distortion/reverb/... you name it.
- Supports up to eight individual channels for, e.g. surround or other multichannel purposes.
- Dry/wet ratio can be adjusted for each loaded plugin.
- Full plugin delay compensation is included.
- Negligible additional CPU overhead.
- Synths can also be loaded and played with any MIDI control.
- 2x-oversampling option of the whole signal chain is available.
- 32-bit-plugins can be loaded into the 64-bit version of Metaplugin using JBridge/JBridgeM. Very useful for LogicX!- Can be used as a VST-AAX wrapper or an AU-AAX wrapper

Now I would like to hear your opinions about this solution !?
So all the fuss is only for the new 64-bit Logic Pro X ?
So far in the last 2 years I had very very few request for Windows 64-bit versions,
most users are still happy with the 32-bit VST ? Maybe they are bridging them aready in Cubase and others 64-bit DAW?

So just this year I received more request for 64-bit AU, as I said, is it just for Logic Pro X?
how good and reliable is the use of JBridge/JBridgeM instead?

Please let me know.
Last edited by liqih on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The solution is terrible, it adds multiple windows and processes and is far, FAR from ideal. Imagine loading meta plugin, then adding a vst wrapper on top and loading that into meta plugin. Using metaplugin is an annoying workaround as it is, but adding jbridge on top.. It's really not optimal, its hard to control the transport with the keyboard this way, and its unstable.

Modelonia is discontinued, is that correct?

Anyway, you asked for an opinion, and I think that combo you asked about is the worst possible way to use plugins in a mac 64 bit environment.

You may want to contact the creators sound radix about their product 64 lives, which is at least much more transparent, and see if they can get your products working with that.

TheoM wrote:The solution is terrible, it adds multiple windows and processes and is far, FAR from ideal. Imagine loading meta plugin, then adding a vst wrapper on top and loading that into meta plugin. Using metaplugin is an annoying workaround as it is, but adding jbridge on top.. It's really not optimal, its hard to control the transport with the keyboard this way, and its unstable.
I put great vaue in your opinion
Modelonia is discontinued, is that correct?
No just freezed to 1.7.0.6 32-bit AU and VST, please send an e-mail address by PM and I'll get you the download links
Anyway, you asked for an opinion, and I think that combo you asked about is the worst possible way to use plugins in a mac 64 bit environment.

You may want to contact the creators sound radix about their product 64 lives, which is at least much more transparent, and see if they can get your products working with that.
Yeah 64 lives seems the way to go, thank!
NUSofting is already in their compatibility chart!
http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-l ... patibility

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Yeah but it's way overpriced for a short term solution

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but it's way overpriced for a short term solution
you mean the 32-lives?, Yes it's 69 USD now, right? But you can use it with as many plugins as you need, no?

Code: Select all

32 Lives 
32 Lives is a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter. 32 Lives is currently in open beta and still has some issues to iron out. It is available for purchase for a discounted price of $69 (instead $99) for the duration of the pre-release beta stage. All beta users will be upgraded to the full release version at no extra charge.

Return to “NUSofting”