Knagalis 64 bit for Win and Modelonia 64 bit for Win

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Luigi

I really miss Knagalis 64 bit for Win and Modelonia 64 bit for Win.

I really miss them because now I concentrate all my work on 64 bit architecture, like many people now. Normal... because most of the DAWs and hosts for Windows are now ported to 64 bits.

Let's take a look:
Applied Acoustic System (Chromaphone, Lounge Lizard, String Studio, Tassman, Ultra Analog VA), Arturia (many major emulations), Cakewalk (Dimension, Rapture, Z3TA+2), Camel (Alchemy), D16 (many Roland emulations), FXpansion (BFD, DCAM, Tremor), GForce (ImpOscar, M-Tron, Minimonsta, Oddity, Virtual String Machine), IK Multimedia (Amplitube, TS-Rack, and Sampletank in the next weeks), Korg (all the famous Legacy Collection), KV331 (Synthmaster), LennarDigital (Sylenth1), LinPlug (Octopus, Organ3, Spectral...), MOTU (Ethno Instrument, MachFive), Mutools (MUX), Native Instruments (Absynth, FM8, Komplete, Kontakt, Massive, Reaktor), Rob Papen (Blue, Predator...), Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian), Steinberg (Halion), Synapse (Dune), TAL (Bassline-101, UNO-LX), Tone2 (ElectraX, FireBird, Gladiator), Toontrack (EZDrummer, EZKeys), U-He (Ace, Diva, Podolski, Tyrell Nexus 6, Zebra, Zebralette), UVI (Workstation)...

95% of all the great VSTs are now ported to 64 bit. It's now 2014, nearly the half of the second decade of this new century, we are nevermore in the 32 bit years which was 10 years ago... Even the active amateur developers of this new decade build now immediately their products in a native 64 bit compilation in addition to the 32 bit compilation!

And 100% of the DAWs and hosts are now ported to 64 bit.

All that because by far the vast majority of the machines used by the musicians nowadays (amateur as well as professional) are 64 bit machines, as well as in all the multimedia domains.

Who is missing among all the major developers of VSTs above? Very, very few. And sadly Nusofting has two major products (at least) which are really missing in this list:
  • EMM Knagalis
  • Modelonia
These two major products have very few competitors but have competitors in this list of products yet ported to 64 bits. And it would be a big, big, big shame if in a close future the users of Knagalis and Modelonia go to other modeling synthesis developers (AAS, LinPlug...) or to major sample products (Kontakt, Sampletank, UVI Workstation, Halion...) because they can't use Knagalis and Modelonia in their 64 bit Windows where more and more products are present at the point that 32 bit hosts become less and less necessary.

Please, we need urgently EMM Knagalis and Modelonia in 64 bit for Windows! We love them but now they are really missing in all the generalized 64 bit hosts for Windows!

Thank!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I'll just post a couple feature requests for knagalis in here (if it gets a 64 update at some point, one might as well come up with a few other small improvements)

It'd be handy if there was a knob that lets you automate only the volume of the lead sound. Volume automation is essential for somewhat believable acoustic leads, and right now there's just the master volume for that. So drone, sympathetic and lead are all subject to volume changes (though in case of sympathetic it might be desirable)
You can of course set up a second knagalis to play the drone sound and leave it unaffected, but an option to handle it in one instance would be welcome.

Also, knag being a lead instrument, the vibrato could be made more usable with a delay/fade into option (x seconds before it sets in).

Aand the biggest one: i'd really like to play some of these sounds polyphonically. I can appreciate that it's a mono lead instrument with drones by design, but an option to up the poly to 4 or so would be great. I can't see myself using more than that.

Finally, this isn't important to me really, but the wooden GUI case is butt ugly. The color scheme and general idea is right but the render looks sooo early '90s. Couldn't be too hard to come up with something more classy these days.

Let me close by saying that knagalis is a really fun instrument that counterbalances its signs of old age with a lot of character (and that never gets old).

many thanks for your feedback nasenmann, I agree about everything (expecially the vibrato), just not sure about a poly feature, Knagalis is essentially built for legato playing,
anyway it could be just an extra feature

liqih wrote:many thanks for your feedback nasenmann, I agree about everything (expecially the vibrato), just not sure about a poly feature, Knagalis is essentially built for legato playing
I totally get that, and most of the time i wouldn't need poly on a patch. But if you could find a way to integrate it without messing up the instrument's philosophy, that'd be just great.
You COULD of course work on some kind of intelligent poly legato, but that'd be asking for a lot :lol:
I'm happy if this gets any updates at all. I guess i'm even happy if it doesn't, it's good value for 30 euros as it is.

I'm happy if this gets any updates at all. I guess i'm even happy if it doesn't, it's good value for 30 euros as it is.
well I had to quote that, <grin>
thanks!

###

at BlackWinny,
yes I know we still need the win x64 upgrades

liqih wrote:at BlackWinny,
yes I know we still need the win x64 upgrades
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Is there anything new regarding the Win64 update for Modelonia?

HiEnergy wrote:Is there anything new regarding the Win64 update for Modelonia?
yes beta publicly downloadable at the older thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4284993

liqih wrote:
HiEnergy wrote:Is there anything new regarding the Win64 update for Modelonia?
yes beta publicly downloadable at the older thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4284993
Neat!

Thank you Luigi!

First of all... Nice GUI!

Return to “NUSofting”