combosister bug in OS X

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been a happy user of combosister in main stage for a couple of years, well more or less.

I have noticed a problem which is quite severe, which results in the instrument playing an extremely loud digital noise which continues once you take your finger of the keys.

After a bit of trial and error I have realised that it seems to be caused when you change the audio device in the main stage preferences, ie. if main stage is using the internal headphone output, and i change it to my USB interface, some of the combosister plugins (but not all) will do this.

My workaround at the moment is to go through all my patches with the master volume down and check for this, and if it happens, i copy the patch settings from combosister to the clipboard, remove the instrument from the channel, add it again and paste the settings back. i have to do this on all my combosister instruments and recreate those that are not working. it's a big pain, and if you miss one for some reason it makes the FOH engineer give you a look like he wants to kill you (understandably!)

It's got to the point where I'm looking for an alternative since it's too unstable for live use where this sort of thing is not tolerable.

Is it a known issue? Is it fixable? It doesn't happen with any other instruments and the fact that I can fix it by closing and opening the plugin seems to point to an issue with combosister. Any help appreciated thanks

Hello,

it's a known issue on some Macs, unfortunately we never found which kind
of setup (mac type + os x version) triggers that, so far we don't have a fix,
when the plugin will be updated to 64-bit, next months, we'll look closer into this issue too

can't wait thanks! looks like this version is quite old, so wasn't sure if a new version was on the cards. sounds good. i think it's the loudest sound i've ever heard!!

Return to “NUSofting”