Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog: released!

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:Hello Luigi,

what great news :D .

Just sent you my small contribution to the competition (have to finish it right now just as a scratch because no time for this hobby in near future I am afraid of).

Used only presets, only one of them (Eerie plucks) I have changed a little.

Eight instances of Mulab without (great) problems (one time the appearing beta info killed mulab), of course a little annoying to loose the presets for the tracks all the time but o.k. thats beta.

When trying to do a whole track with only modelonia when it comes to presets I realized that (if it is a target to have it at least be ready for that) some more pads and keys and at leas a few basses would be great.

Thanks again for all your hart (and hear) work,

Kind regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard, yeah you are the first I will check you mp3 in the morning when I can turn up the volume!
About what your say: "of course a little annoying to loose the presets " I wrote a tip in Must_Read_This_Before_Using_The_Synth.rtf

"- the beta is fully functional except it doesn't save its state in the
project song of your host, but you can save and load single presets (XML files) using the "save" and "load"
buttons on the Modelonia GUI. So if you use it to make a track make sure to save the preset you
tweaked to a new XML file using the "save" button, you may want to name the preset with
the same name of your track so when you load the project song again you know which preset
to load. Or simply render to audio (or freeze) the track before closing your host.
Remember that all MIDI links to parameters are saved in the preset too."

"keys and at least a few basses" There are some keys, and there will be basses, the challenge so far is to make your own!

Thanks again.

well unfortunately the just released public beta has a bug in the Mac versions that would prevent most of OS X users to appreciate the new sound engine. Thanks to Joachim who sent me some crash reports it seems not an hard bug to fix, for what I've see so far, but I have to wait for the mac programmer to come back from his holidays and check the code with him. Then we will release another beta and prolly we'll delay the contest as well.
Stay tuned.

liqih wrote:well unfortunately the just released public beta has a bug in the Mac versions that would prevent most of OS X users to appreciate the new sound engine. Thanks to Joachim who sent me some crash reports it seems not an hard bug to fix, for what I've see so far, but I have to wait for the mac programmer to come back from his holidays and check the code with him. Then we will release another beta and prolly we'll delay the contest as well.
Stay tuned.
I'm just on a short interlude in my holidays, and haven't been able to reproduce this. So from my investigations so far (see my post in the Instruments thread) I'm hoping this is a rare rather than common bug, so would encourage all the Mac users to keep trying the Mac beta even in its current form, because then we can get more info about how rare or common this bug is, and maybe even find a reliable way to reproduce it on other systems besides that of the original reporter.

@liqih:
I`m just posting for saying a big thanks for the free download of the beta version of Modelonia and for giving a first short feedback at least.

Well....that`s awesome!!! Sound is really great and I never heard such great strings and brass like Modelonia produces. Presets are great and I would love to do some in addition and share them with the community, but first I have to understand how Modelonia works at all.

It is very complex and I will have to read the user manual for sure before I can make any intentionally preset with it. For the moment I just can create patches by accident and by try and error but they doesn`t sound much different from the factory presets and so they are not really a gain or a completion to the factory presets.

Bugs: I`m a Windows 7 user and my DAW is Cubase elements 7 and until now I couldn`t recognize any problems, for the case that there will be some problems (maybe later) I will report them here.

Cheers
Yvonne
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Hey Yvonne,

many thanks for the good words! So nice to hear that after so much work on Modelonia.

BTW if the the user manual it's not enough please feel free to ask any questions about how to program the synth.

Cheers,

Luigi

@Luigi:
You`re most welcome :)

I`m so happy that Richard (Tatanka) gave me this hint to check out Modelonia, because at the moment I listen a lot of classical, orchestral and piano music on Soundcloud and I would love to try similar tracks and/or combine it with synthesizer sounds and grooves, but I really do hate Samples :lol:

Samples need too much space on my harddrive disk and I swear I don`t have got the nerve to check out 100`s of samples for to find finaly what I wish to get and apart from that I love programming synthesizer and creating my own sounds. The problem with synthesizer is that imitations of real instruments are not always sound convincing, but Modelonia is different, I`m quite impressed.

You see: Modelonia was the jackpot for me :D

In the meantime I found out that it also works well for percussions and drums and I also combined percussion and strings in one patch, but I have to go on experimenting and learning much more for really good results.

Handbook: I`m not finished yet with studying it, but thanks for the kind offer that I can ask in doubt.

I will recommend it to my friends, curious what they will think about it :)

Oh I actually have got a question: I have read in the handbook that the demoversion has a gentle noise sound after each 35 seconds, but I hear none (???). Seems it is a full version (all knobs respectively adjustements are working) without any annoying limits, or am I deaf? :lol:

Cheers
Yvonne
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Samples need too much space on my harddrive disk and I swear I don`t have got the nerve to check out 100`s of samples for to find finaly what I wish to get
That's about the same of what started me years ago to try to develop PM synths!
Well samples are great and useful for many sounds, I do use them but it's a different feeling about them.
Oh I actually have got a question: I have read in the handbook that the demoversion has a gentle noise sound after each 35 seconds, but I hear none (???).
The beta is not the demo, the limitation of the beta are the expiry time (28th of this month for the current beta) and that you can save/load preset only with the GUI buttons, not with the host.
We will have one more beta release for sure, so you will get it free for at least another month.

@luigi:
Thanks for the info. Aaaaaaaaaargh okay, I guess then I have to try to enter your contest because I definitely want Modelonia :lol:

Is there a deadline for the contest already?
Daodejing verse 37

I haven`t read the whole user manual until now, but the half of it and that was already enough information for to start at least in creating a couple of presets (great manual by the way). I started with 5 Bass patches and I just can repeat myself: Modelonia is really, really great :D Will take a bit time for being able to use the whole potential of it, but already in the beginning it is really great fun :) Further feedback when I won`t be as busy as I am at the moment.

Question: What kind of presets are needed? Maybe I can focus myself on what is needed most. I will be busy in the next days and don`t know how much progress I can make in producing presets, but I will try.

Cheers
Yvonne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daodejing verse 37

Many thanks for the presets, I will check them today, and tell you how much you scored <wink>. But see the page 10 of the manual "The Preset Name Prefix ", You should use them.

Question: What kind of presets are needed?

See the preset menu, compare with the list at page 10 above, and choose the less crowded categories.

Shortly, we need BAS, LED, KBD, KEY, KEY,PRC.

Thanks again.

@luigi:
Hey this bass presets were not meant as my contest entry :lol:
That was just for practise :wink:

That`s why I asked for a deadline of the contest, because I will need a bit time for making really cooooooool presets haha. But okay I am done now with reading the complete user manual and I even have read it twice in the meantime. There is so much information that I read it twice for to keep the most important info (hopefully) in mind.

So I can give you feedback now to the user manual at least:
Very well done. All is explained very detailed and most of all very understandable. What I also like is that you give very concrete tipps of how to use Modelonia best and most effective and also this little tutorial of "how to start" is cool. One of the most complete user manuals I have read and I also agree that it is an absolute "must read". It is only possible to use and to understand the whole potential and all possibilities of Modelonia by reading the whole user manual. There are actually no questions left because you answered all already at the manual :tu:

I will start now to try what exactly is possible with all the knowledge I have got now and then we will see what happens :)

Cheers
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

You're a great user Yvonne, that makes me happy. BTW right know I'm fighting with a rootkit virus I just got, ASAP I'll be back.

Cheers,

Luigi

ps. for the contest I don't know, so far I received just one entry and your presets. Maybe Modelonia is too... (put here the adjective you think it fits).

liqih wrote:BTW right know I'm fighting with a rootkit virus I just got, ASAP I'll be back.
Cure yourself (your PC I meant) quick :phew: :hug:
liqih wrote:ps. for the contest I don't know, so far I received just one entry and your presets. Maybe Modelonia is too... (put here the adjective you think it fits).
Worry not, I'm working on one as well :wink:

Hello Luigi,

NO it is definitely NOT ..... sorry to hear from the virus :( , hope you can fight it without setting up evrything new. I had luck most times even when the pros in the forums say "evrything knew" but for me its just private not business, so really wish you all the best and try to stay as cool as possible and just take your time :hug:

You know the buziness for decades but maybe it would help to bring it to a bigger audience in here ? I have finished the kvr contest after about 3 tries for me cause that was enough experience and just not my thing in that way but I am sure you know B.J. Porter for a long time, so maybe that could be a way (dont know it if will be possible with a commercial synth anyway), just a thought.

I am sure you have better things to do then to be present all the time and bothering about all the bullshit (how big the surface exactly has to be, what letters, what colours....)that come with these kind of contests but....

You know, just thoughts from someone who more or the less stands outside this buziness.

It just hurts to see when all your engagement and kindness leaves you with this feeling of .........

I just realize what great attention dubturbo gets with his giveaways, I think its great, I think he is a very engaged, true person and with a positive energy. But, at least (and I think he would agree) what is a maize sample player compared to all the energy, thinking and time build into all these great stuff that at least leads to Modelonia ?

Please, dont fell so bad about it and dont give up.

And as you recognized already Yvonne IS of course a great user :D . I just say if you ever need good energy and help just ask her. If she is INTO something she is into that thing :D . And has sometimes some time and all the understanding and energy I unfortunately dont have (family with great challenges in the coming weaks and month waiting on me, job.....). Time not at the moment but I fear energy and understanding in general :wink: Wow, two times reading that manual in some hours, yeah, thats her.....

Send you a lot of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Richard

@luigi:
Ooops sorry to hear that with the virus. Kick it`s ass 8) Good luck.

Few feedback: Don`t worry, it just takes a while until everybody got the news.

@Tatanka:
Yeah I`m a pitbull terrier if I`m hooked by anything :lol:

Sorry, guys I`m completely in stress today and tomorrow. Will talk to you soon with a bit more offtime at the weekend.

Cheers
Yvonne
Daodejing verse 37

Return to “NUSofting”