Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying this out. Looks like something I would have done! This is amazing work.
:borg:

OK. First update. Hopefully it will fix the issue with invisible orange dots :) in XYs and EQs which some of you have experienced.

Zebra.Redux.2014.0822.0112.zip

Changes:

- MSEG: fixed position for "Loop" label
- ArpMod: new sliders
- Other: added guidelines (connection lines between knobs and corresponding definable (...) controls) to all modules
- Other: moved all guidelines graphics to Guidelines folder (delete this folder if you don't want to see the guidelines in modules)
- Other: red handles (in XY pads, EQ etc) replaced with graphic files

Thanks everybody for your reports and suggestions! Please don't stop :)

I tested it with the zebra 2.7 demo version.
This is what i get (once clicked, gui doesn't disappear):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Close the plugin window then reopen it. Should work then.

I like this, but I don't like the fact I need a larger screen because my 15" MBP screen does not cut it. I did shrink the GUI but at that point i had to go really close to the screen to see what i was doing.

Awesome re-design though! It looks great with Ableton!
:borg:

I think any design that is larger in the vertical dimension is going to pose challenges to many monitors - it should be wider than it is tall. I think that could be achieved fairly easily by putting the things that currently are under the matrix to the right of it (XY's, FX, Envelopes)

Thx, it works now. But where is the "key scale" Knob (which is originaly in the osc 1,2,3,4 lower Pane ) ?
Can't find it.

@drzhnn, thank you, i like it. And it looks like you had a lot of work.

But how did you do it ?
Do you need knowlegde about a certain programing language?
Or you just paint it and used some standards ? I have no clue.

pinso wrote:But how did you do it ?
Do you need knowlegde about a certain programing language?
Or you just paint it and used some standards ? I have no clue.
The secret is I just have enough time to spend on this project. Most people don't. That's why I share it here.

Initially I just wanted to change color for some knobs. I opened Zebra2.txt in a text editor and saw that I can do a lot more. And I did :) . Zebra2.txt works pretty much like HTML and CSS. There are several types of objects (Pane, Knob, Slider, Label etc.) and they have properties (name, size, color, position, font size etc). So I started editing those properties one by one and finally figured out what they do. Actually I work with a different copy of Zebra2.txt here which has a lot of formatting and silly comments in Russian all over the document. I remove all that garbage before uploading. And in answer to your question, no, you don't need to know any programming language to do all this. It is just text editing really.

The update fixed the orange dots for me. Thanks!

It's too bad the arpeggiator can't directly drag notes in your grid. I realize this isn't your fault, it's just the way Zebra works. U-he should take note of your graphics though and do something similar for the arp in Zebra 3.

~Pd~ wrote:The update fixed the orange dots for me. Thanks!

It's too bad the arpeggiator can't directly drag notes in your grid. I realize this isn't your fault, it's just the way Zebra works. U-he should take note of your graphics though and do something similar for the arp in Zebra 3.
Yes, indeed. Much better arpeggiator, and it would be even better if we could just click the notes we want.

Glad to hear the issue with orange dots is gone for you guys.

As for arpeggiator, you can also use mouse wheel to move notes. It's a little bit easier. Though, sometimes Arp module loses focus and mouse wheel won't work... I'm thinking about changing this behavior to 'iterate' mode. So you can click anywhere on a vertical note row and it will move a note one step up. This should fix the issue with a focus and speed up workflow a bit. In theory :)

I tried the mouse wheel thing (magic mouse surface actually, in my case) and it's easier on your gui - easier to read at least - than on the tiny keyboard graphic on the default skin.

One thing I just noticed is, the knob graphics disappear when the value is set to 100% on unipolar knobs. Sorry to nitpick, I really appreciate this skin and the time you've put into it!

~Pd~ wrote:One thing I just noticed is, the knob graphics disappear when the value is set to 100% on unipolar knobs.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. The red circular thing should become a full red ring when it is set to 100%. Like so:
full_circle.gif
~Pd~ wrote:Sorry to nitpick, I really appreciate this skin and the time you've put into it!
No problem, I'm actually looking forward to see more bug reports and UI/UX suggestions to make this skin useful for more people :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is there any plan to make this knob & colorscheme available, but with the "classic" interface (i mean : everything in the usual place) ?
It really looks great !

Return to “u-he”