Preset saving in VST OSX

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can someone check back the preset saving in OSX VST (from Cubase)

For me this happened:

When initially saving the preset it works fine - when saving later with the same name I get a message which asks if I want to 'Backup&Save', 'Cancel' or 'Overwrite' - well, cancel seems the only one that works. It will not overwrite and not backup and save (whatever that is).

Happened with latest VST beta/demo, OSX 10.4.4 and Cubase SX3.11

Can anyone try that

thanks

Oops, sorry, I've missed this thread.

Now, a first look at the code does not show anything suspicious. I'll go through it any compare it closely to the AU equivalent which certainly works.

Backup & Save renames an already existing preset to something like MyPresets.fxp.bak0 before saving the current state as MyPreset.fxp. At least, it should.

(Win users: This functionality is gonna enter VST Win as well... one of the things to do)

Now, need some coffee.

Later,

;) Urs

Well, does not want to work, the presets are in my user folder and made by the same instance, so it should not be a permission problem.

Also there is a Local and a User folder in the presets - which seems a bit strange - is that normal? Have to check the AU version for that.

Will test if it works for AU for me, and will let you know.

best
Steff

I was seeing similar problems with saving and using AU presets too...
I even had a crash in Logic, but I'm reasonably sure it's just because I didn't install the presets properly. Without consulting any dox I just dragged the presets into the regular Logic/Plugin Settings folder rather than:

Global
MacintoshHD/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2/

User
~user/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2/

oops! RTFM,eh? :P

petedako wrote:RTFM,eh? :P
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Well,

i have them in the right place though?

Urs, any news on that or the channel mix module?

Thanks

Return to “u-he”