ZRev

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Urs

I was wondering about ZRev's cost as I have become quite fond of this little sound shifter. I see nothing on your site about it how to buy nor any mention of it's secret life...a bit of enigmatic mystery is this ZRev.

Regards

Krzysztof

bigtwig@imag.net

The secret has been revealed on KVR. Seek wisdom, and ye shall find knowledge.

Or something.

I think ZRev maybe is a part of the package for Zebra 2 or Filterscape.
Since buying those my Zrev also now says it's registered to me.

Hmmmm.... what is ZRev? :-)

REVERB
...of the gods

Ackkk!!!! Was it a freebie that Urs did? I love the reverb on Z2, so if its anything like that...

It *is* that. And more, actually...

Well, it's not quite exactly the reverb in Zebra. It's just the tool that helped to design some aspects of the reverb.

Not sure what to do with it.

Cheers,

;) Urs

(To clear things up, so far it's only part of the Audio Unit. Simply because I forgot to delete it before releasing the first preview. -> AUs can have multiple plugins within the same file. I'm just a human. Looks like it'll be available in the final in some form or another)

ah, so it's mac only..
:(

Interesting. Would be nice to have it, though its no big loss to me at the moment. I'm slowly deleting other synths from my system as I use Z2 more and more. If the reverb is in my favourite synth then...

bluedad wrote:ah, so it's mac only..
:(
Currently, yes. It was available for VST in one of the very first downloads for the beta team though, but it wasn't developed any further. It just stayed in the AU thing by accident :oops:

We'll see. As I don't think I'll ever want to release a reverb alone, I might as well make it an official add on to Z2. And maybe some people really manage to send a couple of good rooms to me 8)

The point about ZRev is, one can dial in delay time ratios for up to 16 delays/allpass filters that interact in 8 different feedback systems. In theory this should enable us to create good sounding versions of any type of digital reverb, except for early reflections and convolution style. Once these delay times are determined, hehehe, I can build an enhanced version with normal parameters, just like in Z2. It's subtitle is "Artificial Reverb Designer".

The problem therein is, one can drain several days to come up with a good set of delay ratios, or without a nice result at all. I never managed to achieve the width and density of Apple's Matrix Reverb, which left me a little depressed and thus I neglected it.

On the other hand it offers some intrigueing sound mangling possibilities, as can be heard in this tune, ZRev after drumloop:

http://www.u-he.com/music/ARDdrums.mp3

Cheers,

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”