Filterscape in Radial

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone tried this? I couldn't get the step sequencers to work.

Curious - tonight, the step sequencers are simply working. As far as I know, nothing has changed. But I'm finding that saving the Radial project does not save the Filterscape preset.

Hmmm, what is Radial?

;) Urs

Cycling74's loop tool

Urs wrote:Hmmm, what is Radial?

;) Urs
A Mac-only 'loop-based performance' application by Cycling74. Presumably built with MAX/MSP.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

well it's curious because the vst~ max/msp external doesn't provide vst-timeinfos to plugins.

if Radial is only built with max/msp it shouldn't be possible to sync Filerscape to the host tempo.

well, it's playing, but it ain't synching...but there does seem to be an issue with Radial automatically saving presets when you save the project.

And then, again, sometimes it just won't play at all. I guess no one has tried this combo. It doesn't seem like a particularly good fit...

droolmaster0 wrote:And then, again, sometimes it just won't play at all. I guess no one has tried this combo. It doesn't seem like a particularly good fit...
Nevertheless, due to the fact that this seems to be the only host that confuses FSVA, I'd suspect that there's nothing *I* can do about. Have you contacted *their* tech support?

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:And then, again, sometimes it just won't play at all. I guess no one has tried this combo. It doesn't seem like a particularly good fit...
Nevertheless, due to the fact that this seems to be the only host that confuses FSVA, I'd suspect that there's nothing *I* can do about. Have you contacted *their* tech support?

Cheers,

;) Urs
What is 'fsva'? I haven't contacted them yet - I want to assemble some more details - it seems like some other fx don't save their presets either - vokator doesn't. However, filterscape is the only one in which an onboard sequencer is so unpredictable. But I do think that the issue is almost certainly in Radial. I started to use it about a year.5 ago before I switched to windows for awhile - earlier version, different mac - and I had similar issues with it. I think that some parts of the program are buggy.

Heh, FSVA is short for FilterscapeVA 8)

Well, I'd guess that it's an issue in Radial then. Normally FSVA should just fall back to its internal sync at 120bpm if the host doesn't send sync info. However, maybe it sends contradicting infomation that confuses FSVA, like sending transport change messages without supplying sync information accordingly.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”