Confused about wavetables

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, got it. The light goes on. Thanks Urs.

lnikj wrote:OK, got it. The light goes on. Thanks Urs.
I'm so glad you asked this question. I thought I understood. But I didn't!

Urs wrote: www.u-he.com/wavetabledemo.h2p (right-click and save to disc)

Works in Zebra and in Zebralette
This didn't work for me. macbook OSX Tiger. only option is to save to desktop and when I do it appends a .txt file.
After renaming it back to wavetabledemo.h2p, I put in Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2. But Zebra2 doesn't see
it. Nor does Zebralette. And also not if I put them in the Scripts directory either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Right click... save link as (works in Firefox at least)

that will save as h2p, no appending needed - then put it in Zebra presets, and you should see it... worked for me (OSX Tiger)

Greg, you might have to go to another preset directory and back, so that Zebra refreshes the list of presets within that folder...

;) Urs

Hi Urs,

Switching directories didn't work for me. And I even tried restarting the computer. BuT,
downloading Firefox and saving from it instead of Safari DID work. That is so weird. OSX must tag the file as a certain type per application or something? and then change the permission?

In any case, thanks again for such an inspiring synth. I'm trying to learn it on the bus on the way to work every day. Today my lesson is how to modulate though the waves for a nice result. Its so cool how you can track the interpolation as you scoll down the waves!
Nice to have visual feedback for this stuff that is normally hidden!

Zebralette is great for practising without getting overwhealmed. Thanks for that!

Return to “u-he”