Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:Alternatively, leave Zebra 3.0 for next year, keep Berlin Modular in schedule for this year.
The release of a brand new product: Berlin Modular and filter additions to Diva are probably the most exciting developments, hopefully Berlin Modular can be released this year as originally planned. :)

Urs wrote:- update Zebra with few enhancements to 2.6 in or around July
The main attraction for me! :love:

3ee wrote:
+1 :tu:

Cheers
Dennis

too many products too dispersive developing.
it looks like a messy situation to me .
i'd rather much see all the technology adavancements merged into fewer products
1 modular environment synth (zebra , bazille, ace all should be merged)
and 1 fixed structure synth ( diva, filterscape and whatever else merged)
at the moment i like a feature from one...a feature from another , then a feature from another again....but unfortunatley i cannot use them all together and is kinda frustrating

jeez i'd kill for a normal softsynth oscillator section in Diva (with phase reset, phase adjustments, supersaw oscilattor) and looks like it will never happen..... and zebra although will implement divas lag free feedback filters wll not have a feeback control(cos i been told it not possible in open modular environment)....so arrr

ideally i would have 1 fixed structure synth (with all the adavntages that a closed structure allows)
and 1 modular synth (with the advanatges that an open environment allows).

anyway if a Diva Modern Mod edition with a 50$ upgrade price were to be released i'd buy it in a snip....just adding a supermodern oscillator/soung generator section (3 oscillators +1 noise,sync, phase resets, phase ajustment, supersaws, FM , PM,wavetables).....i wouldn't need anything else for making music.

No worries, we're *good* at maintaining many plugins. With magware/freeware/licenseware we've released well beyond 100 plugins :shock:

The thing about the current setup is that all synths have their specialities which make them a product of their own. You can't have the audio rate modulation of ACE/Bazille/BerlinModular in Zebra, Diva or FilterscapeVA. You can't have the simplicity of Diva and the advantages that arise from there (accurate feedback modeling!) in Zebra or the modulars. And of course you can't have the cpu efficiency and workflow of Zebra/Filterscape in Diva or the modulars. It simply isn't possible.

At least you can't blame us for selling the same thing over and over in just a new design. The product range is based on very thoughtful consideration.

3ee wrote:
ya+1!

And of course, no worries, we'll have delayless feedback filters in Zebra as well.

whatever the f*** you choose to do, I'll be here waiting. I just love your synths.

Urs wrote: That said, I don't think a third option would be a problem at all - we just need a reference hardware to tune it (but I kind of got over collecting Rolands... another Jupiter 8 is just too expensive to justify I think)
I feel the sh-101/juno-106/some revs of jup-4 are most resonant. I don't know if there are more revs of the sh-101 filter (or if one can adjust vcf gain) but the juno-106s, if properly calibrated, should sound the same. So I recommend borrowing a juno-106 if possible.

Staying on the same page; the juno-106s filter resonance sine is calibrated to 4,8v p-p while a juno-60 is calibrated to 4v p-p. I don't know if it is the vca circuit differences. Heres a bold move, maybe some money/time can be saved and a quick "106-like-calibration" on the juno-60 can be done to see if it's usable? I hope it won't mess it up completely!

Getting back to attack times of the digital envelope:

I have taken a screenshoot of the output of the old beta 360 and 517.
settings are: square wave and vca digital env with settings 0, 0, 0, 0 and no curve, no quantize. Left (top) channel is ver 360 and right ch. is ver 517. Besides sounding faster version 360 also has a tiny amount of vca leakage which could give it a more snappy feeling. Btw 467 sounds as slow as 517 but i didn't test it.

Have a nice day and thanks for the great support.

Urs wrote:That said, I don't think a third option would be a problem at all - we just need a reference hardware to tune it (but I kind of got over collecting Rolands... another Jupiter 8 is just too expensive to justify I think)
I suppose the Rev1 circuit is too different to just tweak and send builds to a Rev1 J8 owner to compare for you. Still can't do everything over the internet, unfortunately. If you sold it again as soon as you were done you wouldn't need to justify anything though, right? :P
Urs wrote:Noteworthy: A CS-80 is now awaiting analysis, a Synthex is in reach and a comprehensive collection of Oberheims are ready for dissection. Still waiting for a P5 Rev2 to pop up.
Oooooooo!

Someone in Germany sell your P5 Rev2!!! :x

I haven't read all the posts so far, so maybe this question was already asked:

Would it be possible to add an audio input to DIVA?

I think this would be really great!

Arrested Developer wrote:I haven't read all the posts so far, so maybe this question was already asked:

Would it be possible to add an audio input to DIVA?

I think this would be really great!
We've planned this for an update once VST3 support hits Mac and Win.

Addition to Zebra Comb Filter.

I am trying various plucked string synthesis methods, and have some proposition.
Currently comb filters can do Karplus-Strong algorithm, and it is possible to choose content prefilling delay line (from "noise", "saw" and "pulse").

It would be great to have additional prefilling mode, something like "input". At "note on" message it fills delay line with current filter input and stops filling it when one cycle is filled. Very handful for controlled plucked string synthesis and also for "buffer stuttering" effect!

Right now it is possible to fill it from usual input using Osc with very short envelope, but it sounds smeary.

trance_lucent wrote:
Right now it is possible to fill it from usual input using Osc with very short envelope, but it sounds smeary.
Can you post an example of how it sounds smeary? I would like to hear what you mean...

trance_lucent wrote:Right now it is possible to fill it from usual input using Osc with very short envelope, but it sounds smeary.
Did you remember to switch phase Reset on, and adjust the phase of the oscillator to taste?

Return to “u-he”