Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if this has been mentioned .

In DIVA , say I want a major or minor scale using the quantizer , maybe at the fully clock-wise position could there be the option for maj / min ?

It would make using the voicemap modulators much easier to program .

I might have asked this before, but could the next/previous preset buttons be midi-mappable (and exposed to the host) in Zebra? I know of the MIDI Program Change functionality, but this would be more useful to me. Not to sequence, but to map to my controllers to quickly scroll through presets without looking at the screen.

Mighty Pea wrote:I might have asked this before, but could the next/previous preset buttons be midi-mappable (and exposed to the host) in Zebra? I know of the MIDI Program Change functionality, but this would be more useful to me. Not to sequence, but to map to my controllers to quickly scroll through presets without looking at the screen.
I like that idea. I like it very much. :-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Host-exposed is mostly so I at least get *some* use out of Automap, heh.

Oh, another that's occured to me a few times: per-voice delay. Or at least an option for the delay to clear the buffer below a certain treshold. I've tried to make patches where holding a key fades in the delay, but it's hard to get it to sound nice when the last voice is still banging around in the buffer :D

Re quick fade-out of normally longer delays: Try modulating e.g. the delay 'mix' parameter from an MSEG in mono mode.

That doesn't clear the buffer though, does it? That's my point, that the next note's delay will still have remnants in it of the last one, because the buffer wasn't cleared.
Having a way to clear it would open up a few sonic posibilities.

Ah, OK. Then modulate Feedback to zero - that should/might clear the buffer in time.

Thinks: if that's not enough, alternate between the two delay units somehow.

Delete

Mighty Pea wrote:I might have asked this before, but could the next/previous preset buttons be midi-mappable (and exposed to the host) in Zebra? I know of the MIDI Program Change functionality, but this would be more useful to me. Not to sequence, but to map to my controllers to quickly scroll through presets without looking at the screen.
It's another one of those long standing feature requests.

Unfortunately, software crashes when accessing the filesystem when a MIDI command comes in. That's because MIDI happens on a high priority thread that requires tight processing. File system access is slow and cause latencies of several milliseconds.

So, in order to do this we've investigated the idea of triggering this functionality by timer. That's a posibility, but it also requires a galore of infrastructure that we haven't fully implemented yet. It will happen though, one day.

Have you considered putting a "note range" box in the synths? This would let us build layered/split patches using two or more DIVAs, for example, and send MIDI from the keyboard to both at the same time. (Cubase has a MIDI filter insert which can do this, but to have it in the synth might be useful...)

Adrian B wrote:Have you considered putting a "note range" box in the synths? This would let us build layered/split patches using two or more DIVAs, for example, and send MIDI from the keyboard to both at the same time. (Cubase has a MIDI filter insert which can do this, but to have it in the synth might be useful...)
That's generally a possibility :)

Unfortunately though, there might be a lot of potential for conflicts with the sequencer we had planned for Diva. Therefore we need to sit and wait until we get back into this.

- Urs

Mmm, sequencer..... I love the value of DIVA which is expanded a lot since I bought it.
Unfortunately though, there might be a lot of potential for conflicts with the sequencer we had planned for Diva. Therefore we need to sit and wait until we get back into this.

Adrian B wrote:Have you considered putting a "note range" box in the synths? This would let us build layered/split patches using two or more DIVAs, for example, and send MIDI from the keyboard to both at the same time. (Cubase has a MIDI filter insert which can do this, but to have it in the synth might be useful...)
I do that at the host level and with any synth and would rather keep it there...

It is not the same, but (at least on the Mac) I can use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through presets

Return to “u-he”