RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here are the most requested improvements

- gui preserves look & subpages when closed & opened again
- gui remembers presets and their location
- lfo sync not only to host tempo but may also run in seconds/hertz
- on Win, presets & resources can also be kept in Vstplugins dir
- preset changes via midi, cursor keys
- global effects off switch (i.e. having them off when switching presets)
- on Win, don't forget location on Midimap file
- fold back VST reset to standard procedures (avoiding cpu spikes). No workaround for buggy hosts no more

I'll slowly make my way through them...

ok, more:

- lfo wave view + feedback on all waveforms
- more intelligent text truncation and/or bigger boxes :oops:
- colours... something with colours...
Last edited by Urs on Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Is it OK to post comments/suggestions here?

I like all of those changes. I think they'll really improve the workflow of Z2. One quick question, with regards to the global effects off switch - can you implement something where the global effects are turned off as a preset gets changed? I believe this was brought up in the past, as if you're switching presets while there is still sound being generated, sometimes you get a loud burst of reverb, distortion, delay (etc).
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I guess the only small/easy stuff I'd suggest in addition is handling long names in the preset boxes and oscillators ;) and the extra little redraw/colour handler I requested in the grid gui script that you asked me to bug you about... :D

Abilty to have the oscillator wave section animate as it morphs thru the table of waves. Switchable on/off with oscillator wave view, i.e. switches animation on when oscillator wave view selected and off when you leave that view.

Also, ZebraCM LFO view in Zebra.

Just my 400 cents...I realize these are not trivial requests.

:)

Urs wrote: - preset changes via midi, cursor keys
This one is essential for using Z2 on stage. +1.

Urs wrote:lfo sync not only to host tempo but may also run in seconds/hertz
Great, I was just going to ask that ! I don't like to work with a synced tempo for vibrato, the preset will sound different when you change the host's tempo.

Thank you !

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

since you're changing things anyway, the ability to load individual waveshapes from presets OR the ability to copy individual waveshapes between oscillators would be *extremely* useful...

Urs,

It'd be nice if Zebra could make me a damn fine cup of espresso, too. :hihi:
"Enough Spyro Gyra and you're hoping you'll be killed in a knife fight."
-- Chris in the morning

:party:
Last edited by kodama on Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:- gui preserves look & subpages when closed & opened again
Urs, does this include remembering if the user switches the preset type to h2p or h2p extended? I prefer storing patches as h2p and always forget to change it when opening zebra.

Is there any word on the trance gate tool? I'm guessing that will come after this initial round of bug fixes and refinements. :wink:

kodama wrote:Most synths that use MSEGs have pull down menus to save & load your favorite ones and it makes sense to build patches like this.
Actually, I like the template selector as it is (refinements aside).

I like the fact that you can step through the presets with the cursor keys, see the data loading into the respective module as you do so, switch between oscillators or MSEGs with the selector open to load templates into the different modules all without closing the window - it seems to me that this is better than menus with long lists of entries or multiple submenus - those are actually worse for RSI once you get beyond a certain number of entries...

bmrzycki wrote:
Urs wrote:- gui preserves look & subpages when closed & opened again
Urs, does this include remembering if the user switches the preset type to h2p or h2p extended? I prefer storing patches as h2p and always forget to change it when opening zebra.
Yep, good point!
Is there any word on the trance gate tool? I'm guessing that will come after this initial round of bug fixes and refinements. :wink:
We're talking improvements of existing stuff... new features come occasionally, but I'd like to merely concentrate on the stuff that enhances the user experience...

kodama wrote:Most synths that use MSEGs have pull down menus to save & load your favorite ones and it makes sense to build patches like this.
Yep, makes sense... might be possible
Also, I would like to be able to type numeric values when a control has focus to reduce RSI amongst Zebra users (a noble goal?).
Sure, uhm, if only keyboard input would work on all hosts... this is a major construction area (just like preset switching), as I might have to convince certain host manufacturers to change stuff in their hosts even... sigh... we'll see...

Urs, please fix PolyAT so it works with global transpose. Thank you.

beej wrote: Actually, I like the template selector as it is (refinements aside).
Well it would be much more useful if you could save as well as load templates from these menus.

But the way it is now, everything must be manually moved to Zebra's sacred library manually (I wish Zebra could just preview h2p files also without having to move them there).

Also, if you look at the Template Selector on the OSC module, there should be one just like it on every other module, right there on the left.

Return to “u-he”