Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:Diva - sequential voice mode.

The first note played is allocated to voice one, the second to two, and so on.

The arpeggiator + voice map modulator then becomes an eight step sequencer!
What if you hold a note and play 16 others. Then the first note blocks the voice that's supposed to be next. How would you handle this?
Dunno. The next available voice? Or new notes restart the sequence from voice 1.

I was thinking along the lines of a mono/legato sequence - I hadn't got as far as poly sequences.

Well, yeah… voice order and trigger modes is a pretty deep field. There'll be more thought about this.

Yeah, I see the problem, now.

That said... watching the voice indicator lights triggering whilst the arp is playing in poly mode - it's a mono sequence that always restarts with the next voice after the last voice that was triggered. An arp mode that behaves in the same way but restarts at voice1 shouldn't have any pitfalls. And it gets an 8 step sequencer in Diva without major surgery.

If there are plans for a more fully functioned sequencer somewhere down the road, forget all this.

hakey wrote:forget all this.
Done :)

Fine print: There was a pretty cool sequencer in a Diva beta once, but it was too complex to be intuitively operated without visual feedback. The code and all that is still there, the additional infrastructure isn't. Yet.

Also, the voice trimmers stuff in Diva is naturally not meant to be used as sequencers of any kind, they're meant to be used to simulate tuning/part differences between voices of analogue synthesizers. It would take a major surgery to seperate actual voice and tuning settings so that no matter what order the actual voices are played, the settings are always round-robined - to the effect that hearing two identical settings gets more likely than the other way round, even 16 identical settings at a time would be possible. Therefore I think I'd rather stay away from such seemingly simple solutions. The side effects may be unexpected.

And like I said elsewhere, the new multichannel MIDI capable voice management has changed the order in which voices are initially started on a fresh instance (I think they start with the first voice now, as expected, not the second as it used to be). Which in projects using Diva with certain features (stacking, using Alternate as mod source) can result in sonic differences when freshly opening that project. Which is why we don't know if we can update Diva without further work. Hence, order of voices can possibly have a major impact on existing presets, even if it's a seemingly simple thing to change. It would have to be an option and it shouldn't be too esoteric.

Okay, no worries.

Also sent that to support, but just to be sure I put it here.

As a Presswerk and Satin user, I'd like to throw some suggestions in your idea box.

It would be great if Presswerk could feature some different saturation models : TUBE, FET, and TRANSFORMER. That would make it even more versatile. Or maybe that could be part of a completely new plugin, your choice ;-) !

Also, the new views are very well done ! And after testing the LIMITER view, I was thinking that it would be great if you came up with a dedicated mastering limiter plugin, with different clipping algos too.

Concering Satin, adding a TUBE STAGE like the preamp of the AMPEX 350, that could be driven in front of the TAPE STAGE, would be another great feature.

That's just my 2 cents...

Keep doing the best !!!

In Zebra i have difficulties deleting points.
My probability of hitting the point with rightclick (so that there comes "remove point" and not "insert point") is about 1/3 - same for the alt-click curve-changing.
My suggestions are:
A cursor change/highlight that you know you are just over the point and will get the right menu when you rightclick and/or more tolerance to hit a point and/or to select and then delete multiple points with del-button.
Additional I would find it cool to have an draggable curve-point in the middle or if you could alter the curve whith alt-dragging the curve itself, like Abletons Automation-curves,
instead of trying to hit its point on the right :D
I like the ways how Serum and the Melda plugins work there.

Maybe I´m not alone with that? :)

Marian W wrote:In Zebra i have difficulties deleting points.
My probability of hitting the point with rightclick (so that there comes "remove point" and not "insert point") is about 1/3 - same for the alt-click curve-changing.
My suggestions are:
A cursor change/highlight that you know you are just over the point and will get the right menu when you rightclick and/or more tolerance to hit a point and/or to select and then delete multiple points with del-button.
Additional I would find it cool to have an draggable curve-point in the middle or if you could alter the curve whith alt-dragging the curve itself, like Abletons Automation-curves,
instead of trying to hit its point on the right :D
I like the ways how Serum and the Melda plugins work there.

Maybe I´m not alone with that? :)
You're not alone... :wink:

Im a user of Bazille and i must say the synth is great, but id love to see some of the things in the synth:

widening on the oscillators
Dont know if its possible, but maybe to have a separate distortion module so you can route oscilator directly to distortion unit
chorus
ability to hide the bottom part of the synth where multiplex is (synth barely fits in comfort zone on macbook air 11 :D)
Maybe " smart" views like Presswerk has were you can quickly do some quick alterings, modulations without indepth routing :)
And different, maybe a bit more " colorful" not so "rusty" skin :)

I like Hive sound alot, its organic, warm and very pleasent, i really like the envelope behaviour, but there are some improvements id like to see in Hive :)

I thought since Hive is all about Supersaws, it should definatly have included Diva's Roland JP oscillator with its features (and its dirt ofcourse). I love ability to FM (Cross) in Diva. With that you can easely make some nasty screetches. In general that oscillator behaviour is very pleasant.

Ability to select wich Amp is being feeded by oscillators. Now by default its AMP Envelope 1 is assigned to Oscillator 1, same with oscillator 2. Why not to make it selectable? i want to make some deeper modulation with 3 Mod envelopes, but oscillator 2 amp envelope 2 is in the way to make it work (im using 4 oscillators).
Add a bit more distortion types. Curry distorion in virus ti is sick.
FM oscillators (but as far as i know its been planned).

In hexagon:

Maybe a cool idea to make XY pads with ability to record its modulation (like in papen's raw).
Another idea is to make add MSEG. (I hope that way synth wount be too complex).

I hope these are suggestions not only me is craving for :)

I would really change the colour of the draggable ModMap crosshair in Zebra. The sterile blue looks fine in Hive but in Zebra it doesnt fit the earth coloured vintage looking Original style. It should be changable for Themes too .
Edit: Dont get me wrong, but the first time I used it i thought "wtf that looks cheap" - it kinda bothers me :?

Any chance of adding a modulator for filter gain on 1+2 in Bazille ?

Some great tones in there......

brick wrote:Any chance of adding a modulator for filter gain on 1+2 in Bazille ?

Some great tones in there......
+1

✝ℐℙ:when you really want to experiment with bazille use limiter!!!.
it can easily destroy your monitors and you audio interface.
ᕞ-he team - because bazille is modular synth its easy too go to the wicked side of loudness and distortion (I love it ᕙ(^▿^-ᕙ) and more electrical sound "problem" ( i love it ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ)
i like the noisey glitchy electronic sound. but its soo scary to Get wild with bazille .

Think about it.(to put limter)
It also can gives to all of us a lot of new option to sound design 'and also to deal with it without to fear .

ºO•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•.❀•.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) THANKS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•❀.•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•Oº

ITS GONNA BE WILD
ᔕ⊕⊕ᖽ ➺➳➾➲➽ http://WWW.KYHON.COM

kj.metissage wrote:Also sent that to support, but just to be sure I put it here.

As a Presswerk and Satin user, I'd like to throw some suggestions in your idea box.

It would be great if Presswerk could feature some different saturation models : TUBE, FET, and TRANSFORMER. That would make it even more versatile. Or maybe that could be part of a completely new plugin, your choice ;-) !

Also, the new views are very well done ! And after testing the LIMITER view, I was thinking that it would be great if you came up with a dedicated mastering limiter plugin, with different clipping algos too.

Concering Satin, adding a TUBE STAGE like the preamp of the AMPEX 350, that could be driven in front of the TAPE STAGE, would be another great feature.

That's just my 2 cents...

Keep doing the best !!!
A great big second on that request for more saturation types in Presswerk, or an entirely new plugin for just saturation/distortion! I'd buy that plugin in a heartbeat. What's already implemented in u-he's plugins sounds fantastic, and I want more!

Return to “u-he”