u-he preset library

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Got it now ... once more Thanx :-D

If you haven't been following The "Zebra2 plays Virus" challenge you're missing out on some really great sound design discussion as well as some free Z2 Trance presets. You'll have to read the thread for the former, but I think I can help with the presets. :D

So far I've found 4 presets contributed by KVRists used to try to emulate the original Virus arp. While the presets provided aren't exact emulations of the Virus' sound, they are excellent sonically in their own right. I felt it would be a good idea to post a zip containing these presets so everyone doesn't have to dig through 50+ posts looking for urls. :)

The file contains 4 presets from the following people: cleverr1, Howard, suthnear, and Urs. While they all were attempting to emulate the same sound, each patch is distinct and subtly different. Ain't diversity grand?

A big thank you goes out to you 4 for making these presets! However, if for some reason you didn't want me to bundle these together, PM me and I'll remove any offending file.

Here's the zip: Zebra Plays the Virus Challenge.zip

I'll update the main page with this as well.

(actually, the last one from Howard if you got this is pretty hard to distinguish from the original Virus patch)

Urs wrote:(actually, the last one from Howard if you got this is pretty hard to distinguish from the original Virus patch)
The Howard patch I have in the zip is HS Exeter+.h2p. And I agree, it's a damn good emulation of the Virus (not to mention an amazing tweaker patch if you're into Trance). For those of you playing along, here are the two mp3s:
Virus
Howard

I think most people would be satisfied with the Z2 sound in their song (and the extra $1000 in their bank account ;))

bmrzycki wrote:Virus
Sorry, but that's not a Virus. It's a Virus after a shitload of processing, including at least 2 x mp3 compression and heavy brickwall limiting :shock:

Here's the closest match from a Virus TI, rendered by pschelfh, without any post processing (uhm, except reverb):

http://u-he.logic-users.org/download/Ar ... Reverb.mp3

You see, even the Virus doesn't sound like a Virus :)

Cheers,

;) Urs

And all 3 sound good to me! Seriously, the average listener of Trance isn't gonna notice any difference between the three, they're all excellent sonically. Use the Zebra, be happy. :D

Urs wrote:Virus TI, rendered by pschelfh, without any post processing (uhm, except reverb): http://u-he.logic-users.org/download/Ar ... Reverb.mp3
No, it actually sounds a lot better than the original :?
Pschelfh - how did you encode that clip so that it's so LOUD?
(or did you use post-processing after all...)

Brian, can you please add these:

http://www.filterscape.com/download/Fil ... rnSets.zip

These are 100+ presets for Filterscape (the filter effect, not the VA) by Vernon Reid :-o

Get your guitars out! :D

;) Urs

Urs wrote:Brian, can you please add these:
http://www.filterscape.com/download/Fil ... rnSets.zip
These are 100+ presets for Filterscape (the filter effect, not the VA) by Vernon Reid :-o
Get your guitars out! :D
Done and done. Enjoy everyone! :D

Hehe, some nice "endless delays" in there 8)

Howard wrote:
Urs wrote:Virus TI, rendered by pschelfh, without any post processing (uhm, except reverb): http://u-he.logic-users.org/download/Ar ... Reverb.mp3
No, it actually sounds a lot better than the original :?
Pschelfh - how did you encode that clip so that it's so LOUD?
(or did you use post-processing after all...)
Yes, I stated in my original post that I added external reverb and levelling, both standard from within Cubase SX3. My aim was to match the original mp3 with the original Virus preset as good as I could with the same external FX that Manuel Schleis used. In his reply to Urs he said that he used *some* native Cubase reverb and compression.
+ it's encoded (high quality) at 192 Kbps.

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Updates:

* removed psycox psy/chill presets (dead link)
* added psycox updated psy/chill preset bank (now 118 presets)

Thanks psycox!

I think it would be nice to have a bundle package of all the linked patches and presets

I can host it when someone packs it ;-)

rsmus7,

Thanks for the offer. I'd be willing to pack it, but I'm a bit concerned about everyone being ok with this. The URLs displayed are just links to files people posted elsewhere by the original person but I think repackaging is a bit different.

Thoughts everyone?

I don't think that it is a problem,
because the files are available in this thread,
and the bundle will only be an easier way to download all (only the free ones),
and the link for the bundle should be only in this thread.

but maybe we could contact the original contributers and ask if they are ok with bundeling?

Return to “u-he”