'Black and White and Red' New patch bank for Zebra from 3am!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

unpacking works here (Vista), but i get folders with different sizes (from RAR:5,11mb; from ALZIP:6,26mb)

m
"It dreamed itself along"

vieris wrote:
Arksun wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hi - I can't open the zip - I get lots of "system can't find file specified" messages even though I can look inside and see the files they won't extract (maybe a Mac/Win Zip file naming thing?)
Same problem here, zip file refused to unpack its contents, same error message on PC Win XP.
Every windows user should download WinRar by default. http://rarlab.com/download.htm It's been my goto decompression/compression tool for years. Also allows you to change the incompatible MAC naming before extraction.[/url]
That's what I use - however what's the renaming trick?

vieris wrote:
Arksun wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hi - I can't open the zip - I get lots of "system can't find file specified" messages even though I can look inside and see the files they won't extract (maybe a Mac/Win Zip file naming thing?)
Same problem here, zip file refused to unpack its contents, same error message on PC Win XP.
Every windows user should download WinRar by default. http://rarlab.com/download.htm It's been my goto decompression/compression tool for years. Also allows you to change the incompatible MAC naming before extraction.[/url]
Hi vieris, this was using WinRAR already, same error.

But perhaps downloading the latest version of WinRAR might help as mines a bit older, I'll give that a try....
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

This is what I get:

! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \.DS_Store
The system cannot find the path specified.
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\Black and White and Red \._.DS_Store
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsA.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsB.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsC.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsD.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsE.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsF.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsG.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \all directionsH.h2p
! C:\Users\DAWUser\Desktop\Black_and_White_and_Red.zip: Cannot create Black and White and Red \apprehensionA.h2p
etc etc
Zipped file size is 2,840kb - is that right?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here is a windows friendly post rar zip.
http://www.rhythminmind.net/temp/Random ... %20Red.zip
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

Thanks - that works

Using latest WinRAR 3.80 still gave a ton of error messages, but at least it managed to extract the files this time (that is if around 144 .h2p files is correct).

But I see Vieris has very kindly made an error free version for everyone, nice one :)
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

OK working fine now

@Justin - thanks for these - they are great

I don't think you need the advice about how to structure the file now - if you converted from Performance to ksd (which it looks like you did) the top level performance controls and bottom level sound design controls are already set up (they work fine on my system anyway).

One idea though - I created the template with Zebra's modular design in mind so the idea is whatever modules a patch uses you can drag the associated Kore page to the top of the Page manager view in Kore. That way the most useful controls are at the top for when you want to play them (say using the hardware) and also are what will be exposed for automation in the host (especially if you are a Live user). The template is set up with a page per module (2 for bigger ones) to make this easy so you could do it for each patch as you create them.

I've attached a rejigged version of Apprehension as an example (if you don't mind):

http://www.fingermarks.co.uk/music/apprehension.ksd

Wow, a lot has happened since my Monday meeting! First, Thanks for getting the all the zip file stuff sussed out.

@all, once I have all the patches finalized I'll make sure the files work x-platform and everything.
@aMUSEd, that is the one thing I forgot to do,thank you for reminding me. Most of the pertinent controls are mapped to the X/Ys but there are a few parameters that I left out that won't "break" the patches. :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback. :D

Can you load more than one at a time? like a bank? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :oops:

yellowfever wrote:Can you load more than one at a time? like a bank? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :oops:
Into Kore or into Zebra?

justin3am wrote:
yellowfever wrote:Can you load more than one at a time? like a bank? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :oops:
Into Kore or into Zebra?
Zebra

yellowfever wrote:
justin3am wrote:
Into Kore or into Zebra?
Zebra
There is no way for me to create a single file "bank". All you have to do is drag the folder full of H2Ps to where ever the Zebra presets are installed on your system, then you can browse them from within Zebras browser.

The patches are finished. I just need to do some final tweaking. I should be able to post later tonight.

Here is my new Zebra bank...
Image ^ Link :hihi:

I forgot to mention... Volume can vary, some patches use tons of feedback and resonance. Also, some patches are very CPU hungry.

Enjoy.

Return to “u-he”