Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:Sounds very much like the kind of thing you might hear in a Polyslax track. Very expressive, slightly odd but consistently musical. Good stuff. :tu:
I like Polyslax stuff... that is a good compliment :)

Made this one tonight... crafting some sounds for a video... Bazille is something special!

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Bazille34.mp3

pdxindy wrote:It is functional... I just mentioned it cause a gain attenuator would be simpler/easier... but this works better than what I was doing and it gives a wide range of possible gain... Bazille is so much fun!!

Here is my latest Bazille sound...

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Bazille32.mp3
Oh yeah! Very noice! :o

Bazille "skin":

Just a half-hearted attempt at something light (maybe I'll do a darker one also). Probably lots of problems - haven't played with it yet, but you are of course free to mess with it! Most of the work is in the script file.

It's all here - back up your "Resources" folder and replace with this one:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31416093/Misc/ ... ources.zip

Enjoy!

Interesting... I never tried a lighter skin...

I made myself a darker skin with the different modules color coded and made all the drop downs a separate color to stand out a bit more.

From the look of your skin, the wires stand out fine. One of the reasons I made a darker version is cause the wires are easier to see for me...

Thanks for posting!

Here is a screen capture of the skin I use. I find it easier to see visually with the color coding. If anyone is interested I can send them the text files.

pdxindy wrote:Image

Here is a screen capture of the skin I use. I find it easier to see visually with the color coding. If anyone is interested I can send them the text files.
I like. Maybe I'll mod mine to make slightly different hues for the various sections.

JoeCat wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
I like. Maybe I'll mod mine to make slightly different hues for the various sections.
Look forward to seeing it... let me know if you have any trouble figuring it out... or maybe it is trivial for you :)

pdxindy wrote:
justin3am wrote:Sounds very much like the kind of thing you might hear in a Polyslax track. Very expressive, slightly odd but consistently musical. Good stuff. :tu:
I like Polyslax stuff... that is a good compliment :)

Made this one tonight... crafting some sounds for a video... Bazille is something special!

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Bazille34.mp3
I think both these sounds are great! Bazille is really very fertile ground, huh?

pdxindy wrote:It is functional... I just mentioned it cause a gain attenuator would be simpler/easier... but this works better than what I was doing and it gives a wide range of possible gain... Bazille is so much fun!!

Very nice. Would you be willing to share the preset, or give a little info on how you achieved that sound?

I am finally getting my head wrapped around this beautiful Bazille thingy, but i am not quite sure how i would approach getting something like that out of it...

Very Exciting Times!
One day we will be grabbing the introductory special of Berlin Module.
That will be a day to remember!

j79 wrote:

Very nice. Would you be willing to share the preset, or give a little info on how you achieved that sound?

I am finally getting my head wrapped around this beautiful Bazille thingy, but i am not quite sure how i would approach getting something like that out of it...
::sigh:: I'd be happy to share the preset... except my computer crashed that night and I lost it... I spent a couple hours last night trying to recreate it (that is why I didn't reply sooner) but I am missing something I did...

I remember Osc1 was the sound source, FM and PD via an Env passed through the quanitizer and lag generator. The quantizer creates the variable repeating sound. I also remember that I multiplied the Env by itself and then to the quantizer which accentuates the timing variations in the repeats and the lag generator smoothes the attack and stops clicks... Also the PD waves were set to square and 2pulse which made the string like sound.

Then the output of the Osc is sent to the filters (bandpass) and also modulated by the same quantized envelop. I may have also modulated the filter by its own output... The gain and resonance were important and I don't remember how they were set...

It was legato with some glide... then a bit of external filtering for eq and reverb

pdxindy wrote:
::sigh:: I'd be happy to share the preset... except my computer crashed that night and I lost it... I spent a couple hours last night trying to recreate it (that is why I didn't reply sooner) but I am missing something I did...
Off-topic but here is a tip, you can get a free Dropbox* account for syncing between computers and "the cloud". Then you symlink a folder in your presets directory to a directory under the Dropbox folder-tree that gets auto-synced. Maybe that's a bit confusing, but if you need more detailed instructions I can walk you through it providing you are using Windows. If you're using a Mac it's a similar process, I just don't remember exactly where the presets are stored there.

* If you don't like Dropbox I'm sure it is possible to use an alternate service, I'm just familiar with the Dropbox method.

@pdxindy: Thanks a lot, i appreciate it.

Ill try it out tonight...it was the repeating kinda bow-skipping-on-strings-like element that i couldnt quite figure out, so the pointers you gave med will help a lot.

Thanks again :clap:

pedx1ng wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Off-topic but here is a tip, you can get a free Dropbox* account for syncing between computers and "the cloud". Then you symlink a folder in your presets directory to a directory under the Dropbox folder-tree that gets auto-synced. Maybe that's a bit confusing, but if you need more detailed instructions I can walk you through it providing you are using Windows. If you're using a Mac it's a similar process, I just don't remember exactly where the presets are stored there.

* If you don't like Dropbox I'm sure it is possible to use an alternate service, I'm just familiar with the Dropbox method.
Thanks for the tip but I am a cloud resister :)

j79 wrote:@pdxindy: Thanks a lot, i appreciate it.

Ill try it out tonight...it was the repeating kinda bow-skipping-on-strings-like element that i couldnt quite figure out, so the pointers you gave med will help a lot.

Thanks again :clap:

welcome... the quantizer is very useful... I kinda wish there were 2! hehehe

Return to “u-he”