Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

daddylongleggaren wrote:Will the final Bazille version support audio in?

Best,
E
I don't think so as this is a pure digital instrument designed to manipulate pure mathematical waveforms. It has a great wealth of wave shaping tools, you will find.

Someone's probably said this already, but wouldn't it be amazing if the effects in Bazille had patch points? Just ins and outs would be good, but points for effect parameters would also be pretty special!

wuh wrote:Someone's probably said this already, but wouldn't it be amazing if the effects in Bazille had patch points? Just ins and outs would be good, but points for effect parameters would also be pretty special!
+1 at least delay and phaser could really win because of it
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
wuh wrote:Someone's probably said this already, but wouldn't it be amazing if the effects in Bazille had patch points? Just ins and outs would be good, but points for effect parameters would also be pretty special!
Hehehe, it's always the same problem with that kind of stuff - while Bazille's voice structure is polyphonic, the effects are monophonic because of their CPU/memory consumption. If we added patch points, things would get out of whack.

Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
Hehehe, it's always the same problem with that kind of stuff - while Bazille's voice structure is polyphonic, the effects are monophonic because of their CPU/memory consumption. If we added patch points, things would get out of whack.
But how about a seperate monophonic only version (a separate plugin included called Bazille mono or something like that) or mode of Bazille with such options? :wink:

V-GER wrote:
Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
But how about a seperate monophonic only version (a separate plugin included called Bazille mono or something like that) or mode of Bazille with such options? :wink:
usually its mono-stereo instances for synth, not much to do with mono and polyphony ...

V-GER wrote:
Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
Heavy stuff. Having 3 version of Zebra (Zebra, Zebrify, ZebraHZ) is a nightmare to maintain. Whenever one gets updated in some way, the other ones need to follow. Updated UI, updated manual, updated anything. I would like to avoid this with a new product for as long as possible, i.e. until version 1.2 or higher is out.

If the last few posts are asking for what I think they're asking, then the idea of implementing a synth as a host that you can patch external plugin processing anywhere in the audio paths is a pretty powerful one.

In fact (and don't shoot me for mentioning this...) if these patch points were VST3, couldn't they in principle leverage the multi-channel capabilities of VST3 to process multiple voices as required by the polyphonic environment in which they're instantiated up to the max number of VST3 voices a plugins can process?

I'm not sure if VST3 multi-channel could process the control signals, however.

Interesting ideas!

Breeze wrote:If the last few posts are asking for what I think they're asking, then the idea of implementing a synth as a host that you can patch external plugin processing anywhere in the audio paths is a pretty powerful one.

In fact (and don't shoot me for mentioning this...) if these patch points were VST3, couldn't they in principle leverage the multi-channel capabilities of VST3 to process multiple voices as required by the polyphonic environment in which they're instantiated up to the max number of VST3 voices a plugins can process?

I'm not sure if VST3 multi-channel could process the control signals, however.

Interesting ideas!
+1

very interesting

As i figure out one GUI for all and as much clones of the external effet included, as needed by the polyphony, that would be a very cool feature in itself...

...i assume though that logically, it can't included the control by internal parameters of Bazille's modular environment to, for example : the dry/wet knob of the external effet by an ADSR envelope from Bazille

Well, in about eight to ten years machines might be fast enough to run VSTs with a buffersize of 1 sample and, say, 4 times oversampled :hihi:

Urs wrote:Well, in about eight to ten years machines might be fast enough to run VSTs with a buffersize of 1 sample and, say, 4 times oversampled :hihi:
"To dream... the impossible dream...." :hihi:

But apart from plugins I think it's really fascinating to start considering bridging the outside world into and out of an ITB musical machine. A modular is unique beast in this respect. It could have input and output points where live external signals could be sent in, or internal patch points that can be externalized, processed and returned. It would certainly open up the synthesis experience to live interaction, stimulation and modulation, unprecedented in the ITB world.

Here's a preset sound I made with the latest bazille demo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108 ... ynharp.wav

I figured i could record demos by hitting record right after the last vinyl noise :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Here's a preset sound I made with the latest bazille demo

I figured i could record demos by hitting record right after the last vinyl noise :hihi:
Funny...
...it reminds me of some sounds of "Escape from TV" by Ian Hammer !

Krakatau wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Here's a preset sound I made with the latest bazille demo

Funny...
...it reminds me of some sounds of "Escape from TV" by Ian Hammer !

Heres the patch if you want to play with it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108 ... ynhArp.h2p

Heres a new string patch which is a bit on the CPU intense side as it uses 16 voices and 4 stacks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108 ... %20Pad.h2p

Return to “u-he”