Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:I've been trying to coax the ugliest sounds I can out of this thing. I think this comes close.

http://www.3amnoise.net/bipolarwaveshaping.mp3

Oscillators one and two are rectified, osc 2 is then inverted and it's phase is offset by 90 degrees and they are summed together. Finally osc one is FMing osc two and vice versa. Some filters too.
that is just absolutely sick!!!

i love it :love:

listening to that its also the best synth i have ever heard!

:clap:

Subz

djsubject wrote:listening to that its also the best synth i have ever heard!
Shhh... FXpansion might be listening. :hihi:
You are currently reading my signature.

:hihi:

i just wish i was able to program such sounds :cry:

djanthonyw wrote:
djsubject wrote:listening to that its also the best synth i have ever heard!
Shhh... FXpansion might be listening. :hihi:
Can't compare the two though... D-CAM models analogue oscillators while Bazille models digital ones (FM/PM/PD). You'll have a hard time making Cypher's oscillators alias, while aliasing is easily achieved in Bazille. The headroom before this happens is much, much bigger though than in certain 80ies hardware.

justin3am wrote: There is something about this synth that is very conducive to making sounds that cause me to go "WOW!!!!". :!:
This is what interests me in synths, too. Hardware or software.

First signs for the Berlin Modular are extremely promising.

mateo wrote:
Urs wrote: That said, thanks to SSE/AltiVec all 4 oscillators can be calculated at once (these use true sin() functions, not just wavetables like the "originals"). Same accounts for both filters (I could actually do 4 in the same time /mescatches head), the 4 multiples and the 4 lag generators. So it only makes sense to swap a whole section at once. And this is the basic difference that I think we'll have between the systems.
Then how about the ability to add and remove whole sections? i.e. add another 4 osc section, if you need more? :)
omg... the feature-lust is out of hand!

Bah, I was going to post a short demo song tonight but after a couple of beers I don't feel too sharp. Maybe in the weekend (currently has 5 instances of Bazille, nothing very wierd though).

I am not trying to hijack thread but here is another AMAZING modular system:

http://www.adern.com/home/modules.php?n ... eview&id=3

Just look at that module list :o
http://adern.com/home/modules.php?name= ... eview&id=9

I have version 3 here for scope card and i barely scratched the surface using this thing..
AFAIK it will be available as native(under different name i think) and first public beta will be released in 08(or 09).2009...

So hurry up Urs :)

kmonkey wrote:I am not trying to hijack thread but here is another AMAZING modular system:
Reaktor is amazing, too. I still think there's a distinct difference between those kind of systems and the kind of system that I'd count Berlin Modular/Bazille in.

kmonkey wrote:i barely scratched the surface using this thing..
That's btw. exactly what I mean. In Bazille, all the surface is just there. You scratch it with every cable you plug in and every knob you turn. It's instantaneous, just like moving a module in Zebra. This is where my philosphy diverges from "feature wars that you can't win".

Well, it sounds pretty stunning from here :cool:

All we need now is a rough page estimate of when it will be released! I'm betting on around 150 ;)

Pecae,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Well, it sounds pretty stunning from here :cool:

All we need now is a rough page estimate of when it will be released! I'm betting on around 150 ;)

Pecae,
Andy.
You can have it for that tag and even a bit cheaper if you help to organize the Melbourne u-he user group meeting somewhen around December 15th. Wife and I will probably be in the Dandenongs by then, so some place close to the southern suburbs (north of Dingley though) or somewhere around Ferntree Gully would be appreciated. The list of participants is pending, but I guess ttoz and soundpalace are in.

kmonkey wrote:AFAIK it will be available as native(under different name i think) and first public beta will be released in 08(or 09).2009...

So hurry up Urs :)
No need to hurry just yet - the release is a while off I imagine. (I obviously can't speak from any experience with a beta or anything like that :wink:)

Which reminds me - there's something I should do tonight :D

150 pages you say ? That could be arranged :lol:

Urs wrote:You can have it for that tag and even a bit cheaper if you help to organize the Melbourne u-he user group meeting somewhen around December 15th. Wife and I will probably be in the Dandenongs by then, so some place close to the southern suburbs (north of Dingley though) or somewhere around Ferntree Gully would be appreciated. The list of participants is pending, but I guess ttoz and soundpalace are in.
:oops: "150" was a prediction of the number of pages before release, not $$$ :)

I live right at the foot of the Dandenongs, not very far from Ferntree Gully. Send me a PM when you have more details ... I'd be happy to help out with a Zebra UG meeting!

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

spritex wrote:Bah, I was going to post a short demo song tonight but after a couple of beers I don't feel too sharp.
OK, I sobered up and quickly "finished" it. Here it is:

http://koti.welho.com/krtek_fi/Krtek_Web/Misc.html

(the bass may be too much in-your-face, maybe because this was the 1st time I have ever tried sidechain compressing :lol: )

That's in realtime BTW, should play nice with a Core2Duo iMac at 64 samples buffer, 24 bit, 44.1 kHz.
Keeping AMPENV releases in control helps quite a bit in keeping the CPU usage sane.
Last edited by spritex on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “u-he”