Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:... The bipolar wave shaping demo I made...
Sooo... is being "bipolar" the qualifier for beta testing this lovely thing???

8)

Sounds/looks AWESOME Urs!!!

[oh shit] Nevermind... I'm dyslexic, not "BP" :(

Shabdahbriah wrote:
[oh shit] Nevermind... I'm dyslexic, not "BP" :(
Be thankful for that. Bipolar is no joke (not myself, but for some reason I know several).

spritex wrote:Be thankful for that. Bipolar is no joke (not myself, but for some reason I know several).
Oooooooh, I AM!!! I know WAY more than "several", and it's (too frequently) heart breaking to observe, even.

~S~

Some Bazille toying:

Multi Wongo 4

Modularing 6

Enjoy.

Shogger
What?

Buzz Lightyear wrote: You're mocking me, aren't you

Urs wrote:Yeah... been trying to trace that and it got a bit better but there's obviously still some weird stuff going on. They should easily do an artifact free sine up to 5 kHz but they just don't :-|

Well, it's alpha software, innit?
Since the basic point of departure for bazille is digital can I make a case for the inclusion of digital artifacts? (or should that be the non-exclusion?) I'm not saying that you shouldn't perfect your model, but perhaps leave in less perfect models, too...

[edit] ah, I see you mentioned aliasing earlier. excellent. also, think numerical foldback rather than saturation ;)

suthnear wrote:[edit] ah, I see you mentioned aliasing earlier. excellent. also, think numerical foldback rather than saturation ;)
Foldback distortion is part of the game...

As for aliasing, I think I can hear quite some in Shogger's excellent "Modularing 6" 8)

shogger wrote:Some Bazille toying:
Nice!

Wow, impressive stuff all 'round. Exciting times ahead for the U-He comunity, and VA zealots alike! Good luck with this one Urs, if you pull it off right (and i'm sure you will), this one could be right up there with the analog "big boys" (Timewarp 2600, Minimonsta, Imposcar etc...).

*ahum* If you ever need someone to write factory patches... *points at self*

Hey you can't blame me for trying can ya :D

Wow - Bazille sounds......awfully aggressive!

:hihi: 8)
'Fastest Filter in the West'

Hi just som thoughts or questions (as I'm lucky to have a Bazille copy trom the contest)

is there going to be an "audio input"?

as an ex-Nord modular and current A100 user I was a bit confused that there are no simple vcas (the amount of source 1 controlled by source b) ... or did I simply not find them?

it sounds great!

best
uli

hellleutel wrote:Hi just som thoughts or questions (as I'm lucky to have a Bazille copy trom the contest)

is there going to be an "audio input"?
I'm contemplating an fx version. This (or a stand-alone version) could have, say, 8 audio inputs & outputs, which could be used to fully integrate it e.g. with a modified Matrix 12 with single outs (polyphonic) or with a Doepfer Modular (various CV-signals). I'm not quite sure if this is going to be viable at all (latency of audio interface...), and I also do not want to give away all ideas just yet.
as an ex-Nord modular and current A100 user I was a bit confused that there are no simple vcas (the amount of source 1 controlled by source b) ... or did I simply not find them?
Have you seen the video about the multiples?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvYOp6cGtk

You basically have 4 pretty flexible VCAs out there... (they might need a +6/12/18/24dB switch though, not quite sure...)
it sounds great!

Btw. it just occurred to me that one can even use the Sequencer to split 1 signal into 4 different, non-linear ones (a bit "edgy" for a waveshaper, but still). Just create some snapshots with all 4 faders of each "subsequencer" on the same level. Then modulate the snapshot dial with the source you want to be shaped. Gosh... freaky... :-o

spritex wrote:
shogger wrote:Some Bazille toying:
Nice!
indeed! How to get this bacterium? Is there a beta-test? :-o :love:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

ARRRGH. Why? Why with the power of the Death Star does everyone need to play with super alpha software before it matures?!?

Here are some cleverly obscured links:

Mac: http://www.u-he.com/Bazille01Mac.component.zip (AU only, DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY ON POWERPC)

Win: http://www.u-he.com/Bazille01Win.zip (put Bazille.dll and Bazille.data in Vstplugins)

- do not post lengthy bug reports, the beta team does a great job
- I do not want to hear about crashes, seriously
- no, it doesn't have a file browser and it might crash when using a host environment
- yes, patches may sound different in the final version
- no, you shouldn't sell yor CZ-101 just yet
- I will not answer questions related to usage aka How Does One Do This Or That...
- and yes, it'll expire at some point...

:hihi:

Return to “u-he”