Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:Oh. That looks like a bug. I'll try that tomorrow :)
bug works everywhere, affected all in's to in's..

Any ETA for an official U-he Berlin Modular release?

tommyzai wrote:Any ETA for an official U-he Berlin Modular release?
Sorry, not this year. Still a tiny chance for a Bazille release though.

(We could easily keep four more developers busy, but that's not affordable for us)

Can I humbly share some Bazille business?

http://andrelafosse.bandcamp.com/track/retcon

Pretty much all of the buzzing, rhythmic, percolating stereo synths throughout, including the "Silver Apples meets Chuck Berry" riff at the very beginning (which was, in fact, the inspiration for the whole tune!), are Bazille patches. The electronic drums that enter after the intro are also Bazille, courtesy of the sequencer.

Bazille (and Tyrell) made their way into many tracks on this project, but this particular track was really defined by it.

Fabulous, inspiring synth - immense gratitude to Urs and all at U-he for the generosity in making this available!

yet another bug?

ADSR \ assign mod-wheel (pitch-whl, key-follow etc..) to "LevelMod" tweak and then select "none", on the screen knob showed in def position.
But value not reset to default (0.00). Put env on fm and check.

Double-click over "none" do the trick and reset value.

andrelafosse wrote:Can I humbly share some Bazille business?

Pretty much all of the buzzing, rhythmic, percolating stereo synths throughout, including the "Silver Apples meets Chuck Berry" riff at the very beginning (which was, in fact, the inspiration for the whole tune!), are Bazille patches. The electronic drums that enter after the intro are also Bazille, courtesy of the sequencer.

Bazille (and Tyrell) made their way into many tracks on this project, but this particular track was really defined by it.

Fabulous, inspiring synth - immense gratitude to Urs and all at U-he for the generosity in making this available!
Loved that track! Excellent stuff! :love:

xalama qo wrote:

+1 :love:
Really great track :)

Cheers
Dennis

(Aw, thanks very much, guys!)

Andre,
Wow, that rocks so hard on both the guitar and synth fronts.
Well done! :love: BTW, is the image of the PAIA modules
that I lusted after as a teenager in the 70's but could never
afford. :lol: I love soft synths... especially those made by
Urs and Co.!
Cheers,
Scott

Hi everyone this is my first post here. I'm very late to the party, I have just discovered all the u-he synths. (although i did try triple cheese a few years ago)

I just spent my first 2 hours with Bazille, and I'll definitely be buying that when it comes out, and using it in the meantime. Now I have to decide whether to buy Diva or Zebra first... I'm really glad Bazille is available in beta for free for now, or I'd have an even more difficult 3 way choice.

After using Bazille for a bit , I was left wondering - is there any way to modulate the tempo of the sequencer? I used to have great fun doing this with an old Roland modular at university, and I've always wanted to get back into that.

If there is a way to modulate the seq tempo please tell me how! if not, can I add it as a feature request?

Are there other soft synths that can do this?

Another thing I found a bit strange with soft synths in general is that although most will allow one to one midi CC mapping to any control, few allow all midi CCs as controller sources, so they can be sent to multiple destinations, and scaled and range values set. It seems to me that if this is possible for mod wheel and pitchbend etc it would be trivial to allow it for all midi CCs. It seems a strange arbitrary sort of restriction.

The exceptions are NI Massive and Zebra, which both do allow this sort of mapping. I own massive, but am not overly enthused with its sound, it is only OK, but the controller mapping is brilliant.

In other synths, why not just add a submenu for all Midi CCs when setting modulation source, just the same as setting mod wheel as a modulation source?

The other thing I really like about massive is the visual indication of the range of modulation applied to any given knob, I would really like to see a similar visual cue in the u-he synths.

another thing I wondered about bazille, and about modular patch cable softsynths in general - would it be possible to allow the modules to be moved around visually, and maybe unused modules removed or blanked to keep patch cable clutter easier to follow? it would be purely visual, no processing implications at all.

A related concept is a mute button for each module (it could also visually grey out the whole module), so parts of a patch can be auditioned separately, without having to disconnect cables.

that's probably long enough for a first post!

Tom Drinkwater wrote: A related concept is a mute button for each module (it could also visually grey out the whole module), so parts of a patch can be auditioned separately, without having to disconnect cables.
+ 1 ; as a Solo Mode _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
xalama qo wrote:

+1 :love:
Really great track :)

Cheers
Dennis
+2. Excellent track!

Thanks again so much, guys - really appreciate your listening!

Scott/rexlapin, the cover image is from an exhibit by the Los Angeles Free Music Society from earlier this year. Here's a collection of photos of some of their vintage instruments:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 945&type=1

I don't suppose I could qualify for a vicarious dinosaur crossgrade...? :D (kidding)

Thanks again!
Last edited by andrelafosse on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the info Andre. some very cool stuff there!
Actually a number of PAIA pieces and my old Effectron
(although I had the 1024 instead of the 256 ms model).
I love this stuff! :D

there' bazille on beat-magz dvd... does someone know if this is the time limited
version, until 31 dec 2012 ?

kind regards

carsten

Return to “u-he”