Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It sound nasty like those Doepfer and Cwejman things on youtube, geez :)
Just let its Sound do the talking: http://www.synthmaster.com/

I did a bunch of comparisons last night to my Doepfer and Livewire stuff (I don't have any Cwejman, too rich for my blood) and indeed Bazille gets just as nasty. The bipolar wave shaping demo I made was my attempt at duplicating some functionality of my AFG oscillator, which Bazille's oscillators handled very well. :clap:

The way the filter behaves when overdriven sounds remarkably close to my Frequensteiner filter as well.

has Scot Solida not seen this...i think he may cream his pants at this beastie

ZenPunkHippy wrote::oops: "150" was a prediction of the number of pages before release, not $$$ :)
Hehe, sorry, I saw that just the other minute... I'm a bit drowsy today I guess :oops:
I live right at the foot of the Dandenongs, not very far from Ferntree Gully. Send me a PM when you have more details ... I'd be happy to help out with a Zebra UG meeting!
Sounds great!

justin3am wrote:The way the filter behaves when overdriven sounds remarkably close to my Frequensteiner filter as well.
That wasn't intended, but I'll check with mine tomorrow :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Well, it sounds pretty stunning from here :cool:

All we need now is a rough page estimate of when it will be released! I'm betting on around 150 ;)

Pecae,
Andy.
well, Urs said next NAMM, thats a looooooooooong time...im going for 3000...three thousand on BM (in general, not just this thread) :wink:

Kriminal wrote:well, Urs said next NAMM, thats a looooooooooong time...im going for 3000...three thousand on BM (in general, not just this thread) :wink:
I said Musikmesse... that's even 2 months later... :o

Urs wrote:
Kriminal wrote:well, Urs said next NAMM, thats a looooooooooong time...im going for 3000...three thousand on BM (in general, not just this thread) :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Urs wrote:
ah, yes, my mistake...make that 4000 :hihi:

Urs wrote:[...] the Melbourne u-he user group meeting somewhen around December 15th. [...]
Well that was unexpected. Count me in as well. :)

I've been enjoying playing with Bazille, it sounds fantastic! I'm not sure if this makes me want a real modular system more or less... (I like the fixed layout as well.)

The LFO's have some high frequency content at around 11khz. Looking at the spectrum it looks like something is going wrong somewhere? (I'm running the windows version)

Bazille HAQ #375 - For my next auxiliary program, do I have to think of a fruit or vegetable name that sounds like Bazille, or can it sound like a corny Japanese monster that sleeps most of the time underwater, is real crabby when it wakes up, doesn't particularly like saving the world but does what it has to, and has blue electric fire breath?

blurk wrote:As per the email suggestion, I tried modulating the sequencer snapshot with the sequencer, some results are at http://blurk.net/Projects/Bazille-Rhythmic3c.mp3.
BTW, I meant to add that that is played just by holding down one note and there's no external processing. Just a single Bazille patch.

I also spent yesterday trying to recreate the patches in Urs's teaser images. Which led me to the idea that maybe to enforce that joyous unpredictability of old modular system the Berlin Modular shouldn't use patch files that can be shared. If someone wants to share their patch, they have to send a screenshot, and then other people have to patch their own copy. ;-)

Bazille?

I think you got the letters in the wrong order.

I think it's supposed to be called "Ballzie"!

I can't wait to go on a Bazille expedition.

very angry mobster wrote:
Urs wrote:[...] the Melbourne u-he user group meeting somewhen around December 15th. [...]
Well that was unexpected. Count me in as well. :)
Cool! :)
I've been enjoying playing with Bazille, it sounds fantastic! I'm not sure if this makes me want a real modular system more or less... (I like the fixed layout as well.)

The LFO's have some high frequency content at around 11khz. Looking at the spectrum it looks like something is going wrong somewhere? (I'm running the windows version)
Yeah... been trying to trace that and it got a bit better but there's obviously still some weird stuff going on. They should easily do an artifact free sine up to 5 kHz but they just don't :-|

Well, it's alpha software, innit?

Return to “u-he”