Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: 1. I'm contemplating to add something to Bazille's filters that we would call "Magic" as opposed to "Divine" (some idea I have been working on that may sound nearly as good as Divine, but with the CPU load of "Fast")

2. We haven't really thought of that yet. There's the Duophonic mode naturally, but I agree that Bazille might beg for a Quadrophonic mode... hmmm...
1. But it's like advancing current filters to consume less cpu, rather than have different filter modeling modes, right?

2. It's logically fit there -- there are 4 rich oscillators, to cycle thru and each can have it's own tuning and waveform. Same option is also avaialable in Solaris under the name rotor.

P.S. Duophonic was also my proposal ages ago after the first met whith ARP :))))

P.P.S. I really like color coding of synths: diva - red, bazille - green, ace - black, zebra - brown etc
Murderous duck!

I'm in OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 trying to instal the Bazille1331Mac using Pacifist. I was able to manually extract the VST, VST3, and Component files and put them in their respective folders. When I opened the plugin I got a message saying that the GUI couldn't load. I think it's because I didn't do anything with the Presets, Data, and Zipcontent. What do I do with those?

dj-daniel wrote:I'm in OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 trying to instal the Bazille1331Mac using Pacifist. I was able to manually extract the VST, VST3, and Component files and put them in their respective folders. When I opened the plugin I got a message saying that the GUI couldn't load. I think it's because I didn't do anything with the Presets, Data, and Zipcontent. What do I do with those?
The Images/Scripts folders from the data section go here:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Bazille/

Just install any other plug of ours and see how it's done there :)

#---

We're very tempted to post final screenshots of Bazille, but we're afraid that we'd drown in traffic, so we're holding off until it's ultimately finished. Some time after Musikmesse and hopefully less than a year late :oops:

- Urs

Urs wrote:
dj-daniel wrote:I'm in OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 trying to instal the Bazille1331Mac using Pacifist. I was able to manually extract the VST, VST3, and Component files and put them in their respective folders. When I opened the plugin I got a message saying that the GUI couldn't load. I think it's because I didn't do anything with the Presets, Data, and Zipcontent. What do I do with those?
The Images/Scripts folders from the data section go here:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Bazille/

Just install any other plug of ours and see how it's done there :)

#---

We're very tempted to post final screenshots of Bazille, but we're afraid that we'd drown in traffic, so we're holding off until it's ultimately finished. Some time after Musikmesse and hopefully less than a year late :oops:

- Urs
You could print it on posters and placate it all over Musikmesse. And if you end up with spares, you'll easily find people who'd drop by in CBurg to swap cookies for a poster :D
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

urs why not have a mode as good as divine? why stop short of divine quality? id like divine quality

ddeez wrote:urs why not have a mode as good as divine? why stop short of divine quality? id like divine quality
Diva = 1 Filter, rarely 2
Bazille = 4 Filters
Zebra = 4 Filters per XMF, two filters per VCF (stereo)

So, "Divine" in Bazille or Zebra will be at least twice as expensive as in Diva

However, there's hope.

What are the technical reasons why extremely CPU hungry modes can't be built into code, even if most people can't use them.?

knowix wrote:What are the technical reasons why extremely CPU hungry modes can't be built into code, even if most people can't use them.?
Indeed there is. In Diva we have separate modules with their own oversampling and tight process loop. The code comes in nicely sliced pieces by design, and the CPU is happy to cache the instructions.

In Bazille, in ACE and - if ever conceived - in Berlin Modular, all modules reside in a single process loop. Thus we're talking a huge chunk of instruction data. If we now also add Diva's method then we'd need several full chunks of that whole process to match different sample rates, different quality settings, different filter types. This would make CPU usage exponentially worse than just "four times as much as Diva". It might not work on anybody's computer in realtime.

In short: I'm not sure I want to go there right now.

However: We do have an ace up our sleeves. We are exploring a new method that's "in-between" the method we use in Diva and the methods described by e.g. Vadim and Mystran. In fact, I think we're going to revolutionize Zero Delay Feedback Filters all over again. But maybe also I'm just too optimistic :oops:

When do you expected to release the first beta of Bazille :)

Last year on Musikmesse, you have announce Bazille for 2013 but now Musikmesse 2014 is already over and no Bazille. I have read that you have other priorities but I hope for a first beta of this "Nerd" Beast :D
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:When do you expected to release the first beta of Bazille :)
In a few weeks.

Hi guys! I've just tried this synth, and I love it! I was looking for the preset "DX Piano3" that is shown on the video "Bazille Sneak Preview III - Patched Up!", but I couldn't find it, I mean, when I install version 0.6, I only have the "Initialize" preset, no factory presets. Is it normal? I have installed other presets with no problems, but I loved the sound of the "DX Piano3" preset. Does anyone have it :love: ?

Urs wrote:
MillerSam wrote:When do you expected to release the first beta of Bazille :)
In a few weeks.
Cool, can't wait to start making some patches with the beta!! :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

gabriieel21 wrote:I loved the sound of the "DX Piano3" preset. Does anyone have it :love: ?
I do! Those were a few presets that I posted almost 5 years ago:

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Bazille/BazilleStart.zip

Thanks U-he - can you give us a clue as to a beta release date?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Thanks U-he - can you give us a clue as to a beta release date?
Less than months from now.

Return to “u-he”