Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what about saving cable's color with path?

After a year devoted to lady Diva, I had a jam yesterday with Bazille and had huge fun with it.
Urs, will upcoming beta improve/change sound or are only parameter order and I guess some bux fixes concerned ?
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:After a year devoted to lady Diva, I had a jam yesterday with Bazille and had huge fun with it.
Urs, will upcoming beta improve/change sound or are only parameter order and I guess some bux fixes concerned ?
There shouldn't be any change in sound or parameter order. We've added checks in our build process that alert us whenever a change in any code creates a problem with parameters and such - lesson learned :)

Tuning might have improved, preset drag'n'drop is back on OSX, "set to default" options for wires and tabs are back (not sure if they got lost in Bazille, they did in ACE though)

Also, there's an installer now. Some paths will have changed, but nothing to worry about.

Clicking the u-he logo will get you not only to our website but also here (KVR), as well as our *cough* fabulous *cough* pages on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.

There's certainly a lot more... like VST3 and VST2 64-bit on Mac... and what not...

Great great great , thanks Urs ! ;)

I finally checked out Bazille. WOW!!!! With all these advances in the U-HE-niverse (I just made that up, I think), I'm finding that much of my work - ahem, cough, cough THE PLANETS - is out-dated. Time to go back and take advantage of Bazille, the new Zebra Orchestra, Padsheaven, and Diva Pulse soundsets. Then there's the Zebra Dark Horse - which I'll get around to soon.

I meant "Dark Zebra", not "Dark Horse". I'm away from my computer, and am iPhone-challenged :-)

mleghorn wrote:I finally checked out Bazille. WOW!!!! With all these advances in the U-HE-niverse (I just made that up, I think), I'm finding that much of my work - ahem, cough, cough THE PLANETS - is out-dated. Time to go back and take advantage of Bazille, the new Zebra Orchestra, Padsheaven, and Diva Pulse soundsets. Then there's the Zebra Dark Horse - which I'll get around to soon.
:-)
BTW see where www.uhniverse.com takes you.

Howard wrote: BTW see where www.uhniverse.com takes you.
I thought that sounded familiar.

mleghorn wrote:I finally checked out Bazille. WOW!!!!
Indeed... Bazille is extraordinary!

[quote="Urs"][quote="jbuonacc"]i haven't looked through this whole thread, and maybe i'm missing something simple in the interface, but is there a way to bypass the Gate or Envelope on the Outputs? it seems like the only way to get it to sound is by sending it a MIDI note-on.

i ask because one thing i love to do on the Nord Modular is to create drones that output continuously and don't need to be triggered. i don't see how this might be possible with Bazille. is there any workaround?[/quote]
It's a dilemma with polyphonic synths. If output VCA envelope was bypassed, all 8 or so voices would sound at once. Special momophonic modes are required to avoid cacophony and make things usable. One needs to drop the voice concept, as we did with Zebrify.[/quote]

Would it take so much programming effort to enable the user to choose the number of voices sounding? I also am into drones a lot, and actually love the sound of many different voices mingling. Of course, one can build workarounds, but that's always rather cumbersome.

elektrowaerme wrote:
Would it take so much programming effort to enable the user to choose the number of voices sounding? I also am into drones a lot, and actually love the sound of many different voices mingling. Of course, one can build workarounds, but that's always rather cumbersome.
You can choose simply by holding 1, 2, 3 or more keys down... How is that cumbersome?

[quote="pdxindy"][quote="elektrowaerme"]

Would it take so much programming effort to enable the user to choose the number of voices sounding? I also am into drones a lot, and actually love the sound of many different voices mingling. Of course, one can build workarounds, but that's always rather cumbersome.[/quote]

You can choose simply by holding 1, 2, 3 or more keys down... How is that cumbersome?[/quote]

The point here is to generate layers of tones WITHOUT having to hold any key down, which (at least for me) makes it much easier to fiddle with the parameters and to concentrate on those long (1 hour+) evolving drones. Admittedly, this concept derives from my usually playing analogue hardware synths, but then again, wasn't it the analogue world that inspired Urs in creating the Bazille?

Please learn how to quote properly. :D

elektrowaerme wrote:The point here is to generate layers of tones WITHOUT having to hold any key down, which (at least for me) makes it much easier to fiddle with the parameters and to concentrate on those long (1 hour+) evolving drones. Admittedly, this concept derives from my usually playing analogue hardware synths, but then again, wasn't it the analogue world that inspired Urs in creating the Bazille?
This is so trivial to do in any DAW that I don't understand why you are repeatedly asking Urs to spend his time on it even after he indicated the technical difficulty. Just create one or more notes of 1 hour+ duration, and play it while you are tweaking the synth.

Well said, adagiocm.

Return to “u-he”