Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elektrowaerme wrote:
The point here is to generate layers of tones WITHOUT having to hold any key down, which (at least for me) makes it much easier to fiddle with the parameters and to concentrate on those long (1 hour+) evolving drones. Admittedly, this concept derives from my usually playing analogue hardware synths, but then again, wasn't it the analogue world that inspired Urs in creating the Bazille?
You can make an hour long midi clip... In Live, I hold some notes with the sustain pedal then un-arm the track and the notes will hold indefinitely without holding them or the sustain... It is also just easy enough to hold the sustain pedal... There are 3 ways I use that are all easy enough to be no problem.

As for a development suggestion, it would be much simpler to have a hold button on u-he synths so one can play some notes, hit hold, and they will sound until one clicks to hold button... I imagine that is fairly easy to implement

The piz midi keyboard does that. Right click on a note and it will hold it indefinetly.

http://www.thepiz.org/pizmidi/?p=midiKeyboard

adagiocm wrote:
elektrowaerme wrote:The point here is to generate layers of tones WITHOUT having to hold any key down, which (at least for me) makes it much easier to fiddle with the parameters and to concentrate on those long (1 hour+) evolving drones. Admittedly, this concept derives from my usually playing analogue hardware synths, but then again, wasn't it the analogue world that inspired Urs in creating the Bazille?
This is so trivial to do in any DAW that I don't understand why you are repeatedly asking Urs to spend his time on it even after he indicated the technical difficulty. Just create one or more notes of 1 hour+ duration, and play it while you are tweaking the synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlA7g4Vbaks

pdxindy wrote:
elektrowaerme wrote:
The point here is to generate layers of tones WITHOUT having to hold any key down, which (at least for me) makes it much easier to fiddle with the parameters and to concentrate on those long (1 hour+) evolving drones. Admittedly, this concept derives from my usually playing analogue hardware synths, but then again, wasn't it the analogue world that inspired Urs in creating the Bazille?
You can make an hour long midi clip... In Live, I hold some notes with the sustain pedal then un-arm the track and the notes will hold indefinitely without holding them or the sustain... It is also just easy enough to hold the sustain pedal... There are 3 ways I use that are all easy enough to be no problem.

As for a development suggestion, it would be much simpler to have a hold button on u-he synths so one can play some notes, hit hold, and they will sound until one clicks to hold button... I imagine that is fairly easy to implement

Is there a new Bazille out? The one I have, which seems to be the latest, emits crackling periodically. It just started doing this today.

Thanks!
Mike

Bazille was include in the rev1331 update of everything, I presume the new version doesn't expire for a while.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443

Tom Drinkwater wrote:Bazille was include in the rev1331 update of everything, I presume the new version doesn't expire for a while.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443
That fixed it. Thanks!

BTW... Anyone who hasn't listened should do so... I'm talking about the OSC for December featuring Bazille!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369630

The range of sounds and sonic quality is incredible! Acoustic emulations, excellent percussion, some great leads and the best freakin basses ever! raw snarling basses with drive and punch. Nothing does bass like Bazille...

pdxindy wrote:BTW... Anyone who hasn't listened should do so... I'm talking about the OSC for December featuring Bazille!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369630

The range of sounds and sonic quality is incredible! Acoustic emulations, excellent percussion, some great leads and the best freakin basses ever! raw snarling basses with drive and punch. Nothing does bass like Bazille...
Yeah, there is some absolutely amazing stuff in there :)
It's also very cool to hear some of my presets in some of the tracks :oops:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:It's also very cool to hear some of my presets in some of the tracks :oops:
Your Infection bank is all over my submission 'Closer to the Sun'. My mixing skills don't do it justice but want to thank you for sharing it. I learned so much just by studying the patches. Very inspirational. Amazing sounds!!! :)

And hurray to Urs and u-he for making Bazille free for another year! Such an awesome synth! :D

Thank you so much for keeping this free. This is really my favorite soft-synth ever!

johnyapplsede wrote:Thank you so much for keeping this free. This is really my favorite soft-synth ever!
+1 :love:

P.s. I have low income too, right now. :(

evo2slo wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:It's also very cool to hear some of my presets in some of the tracks :oops:
Your Infection bank is all over my submission 'Closer to the Sun'. My mixing skills don't do it justice but want to thank you for sharing it. I learned so much just by studying the patches. Very inspirational. Amazing sounds!!! :)

And hurray to Urs and u-he for making Bazille free for another year! Such an awesome synth! :D
I think it also a very smart idea because when the product will be relised it must be very stable and bug free, unlike other manufactors who have closed beta tasting.

chilly7 wrote:
evo2slo wrote:

I think it also a very smart idea because when the product will be relised it must be very stable and bug free, unlike other manufactors who have closed beta tasting.
Plus the fact the people who have been using it for so long will purchase it in an instant. I can already foresee servers crashing the day it goes on sale...

KBSoundSmith wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
evo2slo wrote:

Plus the fact the people who have been using it for so long will purchase it in an instant. I can already foresee servers crashing the day it goes on sale...
Good eye! :)

Hey! im new to this forum, ive been lurking a tiny bit though :)
Ive been working with bazille for about 6 months, a friend recommended it for me. i really like it, theres nothing else like it out there its the only synth i use in my techno projects and my projects are entirely synth based, drums aswell.

ive been thinking alot about getting into analog modular, and im partially using bazille as a sketch for what modules i want, i will keep this out of my posts on this forum ofcourse, but i just wanted to know if anyone knew any hardware equivalent to fractal resonance? i use it in _alot_ of patches, and would be a shame to be completely without it in hardware.

Bazille is great! thanks urs! :)

(hope this hasnt been up too many times already, tried looking through the pages but couldnt find anything about this in particular)

Return to “u-he”