Zebra Patch Contest #7: Fishing for Bass

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xh3rv wrote: If anyone has problems accessing the link I sent, I'll make sure not to use drop.io again
This drop is empty
That's what I got.
No patches.

I'm not in support of having the authors of presets getting to hear their patches before the competition starts.
You could also ask bmrzycki to do the levels, as he did a great job of it before.
Just my opinion, of course you can do whatever you want.

Good luck with your meeting.

Yikes, I forgot to actually upload the file >.<

I think the effects of drop.io would be - people are submitting pretty much in a 24 or 48 hour span of time prior to the deadline, the majority of people who submit in that window should be able to just drop their patches covertly towards the end, but I get the sense a few people want to survey a bit; this format would work either way, and could streamline balancing as well. /Shrug.

The balanced version sounds fine to me :tu:

EDIT: There's a couple of patches in the unbalanced folder that are missing in the balanced patches - Bowng and Drone Buzz.

yeah, good job, the volumes in the balanced folder work for me too and at least i didn't notice the patches sounding otherwise different.

+1
All the levels sound fine here.

I just want to say, I contributed to this contest, for the first time, because there were no silly (to me) rules, that you can only use 2 oscillators or something like that. This was just about making the best sound (in a certain catagory) you could. If the judge(s) knock off points for programs having extra modules that don't contribute to the sound, I can see that. But the bottom line ought to be about making the best and/or original sound.
And there are some nice ones too....
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

Let me know when this thing is ready for the patchlib and I'll upload it. a PM or file sharing link here both work.

:zzz:

Here's the final set, will post voting thread when the PatchLib link is set:

http://www.box.net/shared/h3xfa0qg76

xh3rv wrote:Here's the final set, will post voting thread when the PatchLib link is set.
Patches are uploaded. http://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/z2/ZPC-07.zip

Good luck to everyone who entered!

Lots of great patches! So no one misses out on any fun/features, I wanted to point out that some of them without a "+" in the patch name still have performance controls enabled. (Given that it's several, I can confess without fully breaking anonymity that one such case is my error.) :dog:

JackD wrote: there were no silly (to me) rules, that you can only use 2 oscillators or something like that
Just to note that was MCNoone's suggestion, I think it worked out pretty well and will be the way to go for some future themes. Per contest, it's pretty much up to whatever people suggest they want.

xh3rv wrote:
JackD wrote: there were no silly (to me) rules, that you can only use 2 oscillators or something like that
Just to note that was MCNoone's suggestion, I think it worked out pretty well and will be the way to go for some future themes. Per contest, it's pretty much up to whatever people suggest they want.
I don't know if it's too early to make a suggestion for PC8, but I'm going to anyway. :oops:

I was thinking something similar (and simple) to this contest and came up with the idea of making a preset that when you hear it you'd swear came from an OSCar/impOSCar and not from Zebra. The new xmf modes really remind me of that particular sound and I think it'd be fun to try to nail some of those growly basses or piercing leads, or even the way-out FX on the presets using additive partial mode.

There'd be no module restrictions. You can use as few or as many performance pads expression controllers as you want. Let everyone get in on this one, esp since Urs gives away such awesome prizes for 1st place. :)

Just a thought that I've been coming back to ever since impOSCar 2 hasn't materialized and tweaking XMF modes. :)

Return to “u-he”