ACE patch contest (very niiiiiiice) - voting

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Which patch induces the most violent spasms of delight?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm

FISH
44%
CHIPS
56%

Total votes: 18

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn!

I lost a large post about my thoughts on future contests entry criteria & voting to some spontaneous browser refresh :(

I'll post back about it later :)

machinesworking wrote:Side note, wish I had submitted more than one patch, I'm probably the reason for the odd number count of presets.
You're not. I submitted only one patch too.
I actually thought judging would be per patch and therefore only submitted the one I was most satisfied with.
I afterwards realized that judging might be per person in the end in which case I'll hardly have a chance to win something... but well, the best price I already got: I'm happy that my patch actually appeared in some votes some people obviously like what I did:-)

Surphaze wrote:I afterwards realized that judging might be per person in the end in which case I'll hardly have a chance to win something...
no need to worry, it's judged per patch, not per person - the patch with the most points wins.

(and in theory submitting two patches can decrease you're chances of winning if they end up 'robbing' points off each other - eg by alternately scoring 1st and 2nd)

hakey wrote:no need to worry,
I didn't, I'm not gonna win anyway;-)

hakey wrote:it's judged per patch, not per person - the patch with the most points wins.
Oh good, so I did get it right from the start:-)

hakey wrote:(and in theory submitting two patches can decrease you're chances of winning if they end up 'robbing' points off each other - eg by alternately scoring 1st and 2nd)
Yeah, especially if your 2 submissions are rather similar. Makes sense.

I will anyway submit 2 patches next time, I stumbled over the patch contest too late but it was much fun to optimize a patch for submission, I'll make sure to do it again next time:-)

I believe it was tough for everyone to pick just three that stood out. And I have to say that some of the presets really do shine (and makes the decision tougher) when you up the stack count and/or quality setting. In the end I liked them all very much. I chose the 3 that I couldn't stop playing with the most.

1. Fallout
2. Headcopter Meditation Suite
3. v_universal jungle

1. v_universal jungle
2. Heavenly Beings Pad
3. Morning On Venus

Maybe there should be a prize for the best spaghetti.
Logic Studio 9, Live 8

Can't wait until the next competition. But I want to get my vote in if I can. ACE is an awesome virtual analog synth, but I love all the sharp, almost digital qualities it can achieve. There is an awesome patch by Stefan Trippler DocT Big Digi Pad that amazes me. These patches were my favorites.

1. Big, Bad Digital
2. v_universal jungle
3. Icepick Pad

my top 3:

1 - "v_universal jungle"
2 - "headcopter meditation suite"
3 - "twee electric"

Surphaze wrote: I'm happy that my patch actually appeared in some votes some people obviously like what I did:-)
+1 I honestly didn't have enough time to make it really shine, so I'm happy some people liked it the way it is. 8)

machinesworking wrote: +1 I honestly didn't have enough time to make it really shine, so I'm happy some people liked it the way it is. 8)
I did spend a good amount of time on that one patch I submitted but that was on the last day the patch could be submitted. I'm very pleased with the results, even more considering that it was also the first time I actually tried the ACE demo. Amazing product as all u-he stuff I tried:-)
And after all, it really was a great excuse to spend a few hours trying out a new synth plugin.

"Sorry honey, could you do the dishes please, I really have to work on that patch, have to submit my entry today..." ;-)

She even likes my patch :-D

I don't know who made the Headcopter Meditation Suite but after knocking the stacks up to 4 and running a mono note 3-octave random sequence through that thing, I can say, that it's the first time I've heard my subwoofer growl :)

Thanks for sharing that one!

AND THE WINNER IS ...

going to be announced tomorrow around this time!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the activity here, and all the comments and feedback - whenever there's an opportunity to mix things up, it can be good just for the sake of keeping things mixed up :P

1. Honeysuckle
2. v_universal jungle
3. twee electric

1 heavenly beings
2 cut me down
3 ultrapron

WOW! Really cool patches - gratz to everyone! And the ones who did the most amazing job imho:

1. Universal Jungle (gr8 idea, very good implementation)

2. Headcopter Meditation Suite (superb idea, it's just that I'm a huge jungle fan, that's all :)

3. Morning on Venus (morning glory per se, it practically melts everything in its surroundings :)

Till then!

Return to “u-he”